9. Give Me Your Hand

"Now, I want you to be honest with me," Lu Fei said when he stopped the car in front of the bank.

"About what?" Yu Lin panicked a little.

"How much do you need?"

"I...I will solve it by myself, you don't need to be involved," Yu Lin answered. He didn't want to make Lu Fei involved as he was already doing a lot for him.

"Let me help you or else I can't concentrate on anything as I will be anxious about you all the time."

Yu Lin gulped down loudly. Every time Lu Fei was managing to shock him, he was either really good at flirting or he was too honest and caring. Yu Lin hoped it was the second.

"So tell me," Lu Fei took the word again as Yu Lin was again lost in his thoughts.

"80.000 with the interest," Yu Lin said at the end as he knew he had no other chance. "But I will pay it back when I have the money."

Lu Fei couldn't believe the amount. "Really? Just 80.000?"

"Is it... a lot?" Yu Lin asked softly with innocent eyes.

Lu Fei was holding himself barely not to encircle his arms around Yu Lin's thin waist and kiss those innocent eyes. He smiled lightly, "no, it is a lot less than I expected."

Yu Lin frowned with suspicion, "really? Don't lie to me"

Lu Fei shook his head, "I'm telling the truth, I would never lie to you," he said and left the car before Yu Lin could say anything.

Ten minutes later, Lu Fei returned the car with a small bag in his hand but he didn't give it to Yu Lin, making the younger man puzzled.

"I don't want you to be around them ever again. You just help me to contact the gang, I will handle the rest," he said while starting the car.

"Don't..." Yu Lin said with an embarrassed tone, "go to see them..."

Lu Fei stopped the car again, that moment was too precious to be missed while driving. He fixed his eyes on Yu Lin's, "why?" he asked although he already knew the answer. But still, Yu Lin must have said with his own mouth.

"Because..." he took a deep breath before continuing, "I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

Lu Fei looked at his red face with affection, finally they were moving a step further. He reached his hand towards the younger, "give me your hand, I believe you can do that much for me."

Yu Lin looked at his hand with terror. He didn't want to upset Lu Fei but he was scared as he didn't know how his body would react to the touch.

Seeing Yu Lin was motionless, Lu Fei intended to retract his hand but suddenly Yu Lin put his hand into his. His hand was way too small in Lu Fei's huge hand, and Lu Fei liked very much holding his soft hand.

"Does it bother you?" Lu Fei asked while moving his thumb with circular movements on the back of Yu Lin's hand.

Yu Lin was still amazed by his courage to initiate a touch, and he had to admit that he liked the feeling. His heart was beating so fast that he could hear it. "No..." he whispered as if he was afraid to break the spell, "I even liked it..."

"Good," Lu Fei was on cloud nine, "you can hold my hand whenever you want."

Yu Lin nodded slightly before retracting his hand back and turning his head towards the window in order to hide his red face. Lu Fei smiled at his reaction and started the car again.

***

As soon as they arrived home, Yu Lin rushed to the kitchen for the late lunch with a cute smile on his face.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked Lu Fei who finished carrying the bags to the kitchen.

"I can't eat spicy food but other than that I eat everything so you can cook whatever you want," Lu Fei answered while sitting in the kitchen chair.

"Why are you sitting here?"

"I want to watch you cooking."

"Why?" Yu Lin didn't understand why he wanted to watch him, "are you scared that I will burn the kitchen down?"

Lu Fei chuckled, "why do you always think negative? I just wanted to see your happy face as you are barely this happy."

I will cook my tongue for lunch, Yu Lin said inwardly. "Then I will prepare you a tea first," he said shyly. It was his apology for his previous statement.

Lu Fei nodded while smiling. After serving the tea, Yu Lin started cooking and in an hour, there were three vegetables and one beef dish on the table. Lu Fei looked at his happy and proud face, and wanted to add him to the menu as a dessert.

"It is the best thing I've ever eaten," Lu Fei said after tasting everything.

Hearing his comment, Yu Lin finally exhaled the breath which he didn't know he was holding. "I am glad you liked it," he said sweetly before starting to eat.

The kitchen was filled by the aroma of the dishes and the voices of the two, chatting. For the first time, Lu Fei felt the house finally became home.

Before going to work, Lu Fei made Yu Lin call the gang and told them to meet. Then Lu Fei called his company's security guard and kindly asked his help with giving the money to the gang. Mr. Liu was working for the company for almost seven years and was a master of two martial arts. Hearing that, Yu Lin finally sighed with relief. The last thing he wanted was other people to get hurt because of him.

Although Yu Lin said it was unnecessary for Lu Fei to come to the club, Lu Fei didn't listen to him as he wanted to be sure of Yu Lin's safety. So there he was, sitting in his usual spot, watching his cute man working.

"Did you handle it?" Lu Fei asked Mr. Liu who was at the end of the other line.

"Yes, there was no problem. I got all the papers Mr. Zhao signed."

"Thank you for your help," Lu Fei said politely, "and please do as we talked, report the gang to the police next week." He had no intention to let the gang deceive innocent people. He didn't report them immediately because he didn't want them to be suspicious about Yu Lin and hurt him. He wouldn't allow anyone to touch a single hair of his beloved man.

***

This chapter is dedicated to Booknerd265 and Pinkchink17 😊 

Thank you for your support 🌺