17. My Boyfriend

[What are you doing right now? Are you free?] Yu Lin texted Lu Fei randomly. He didn't expect to get the reply soon but in a few seconds Lu Fei answered.

[In a meeting, something urgent?]

[Nope. How about lunch?]

[No time.]

Yu Lin sighed reading the reply. He knew Lu Fei was used to prioritizing the work over his health, but knowing it didn't help his anger. Lu Fei already had severe stomach problems, but he was doing nothing other than swallowing pills.

Yu Lin put his phone aside and started to prepare sandwiches. After packaging them, he also prepared several cups of coffee and one hot milk. Then he trusted the cafe to his two employees, and went to Lu Fei's company with the food packages in his hands.

Arriving at the company in less than ten minutes, Yu Lin put his packages on the floor and sent a message to Lu Fei to send someone down to get the packages as he thought it was inappropriate for him to show up in Lu Fei's workplace. However, Lu Fei didn't share his thoughts, he asked him to come up.

When he reached the office, Yu Lin took a deep breath before knocking. He was so nervous but tried not to show it, he put a smile on his face then opened the door. Five heads turned in sync towards the door to see who was in.

"Good afternoon," Yu Lin entered the meeting room and placed the packages on the edge of the big table, trying not to look at Lu Fei.

"Mr. Lu, did you order lunch?!"

"No, I didn't," Lu Fei came near Yu Lin and put his arm around his waist, "my boyfriend is more thoughtful than I am."

There was a sudden silence in the room. The team members were shocked as well as Yu Lin who looked at Lu Fei with eyes wide open. Then they mumbled thanks and Yu Lin nodded in a daze.

"Fifteen minutes of break," Lu Fei said to his team, then turned back to Yu Lin, "where is mine?"

Yu Lin took a small package from the table with his shaky fingers before Lu Fei dragged him to an empty room.

"What was that?" Yu Lin asked when Lu Fei closed the door.

"What?" Lu Fei asked innocently as if he didn't know what he was talking about.

"Why did you tell them about us?" He was genuinely shocked as he wouldn't guess Lu Fei to confess something personal in the workplace so easily.

"Why? Are you planning to break up with me?" Lu Fei feigned to be sad.

"No...no," the reply was fast and Lu Fei liked it.

"I have no reason to hide our relationship, it is something to be celebrated not to be hidden," he gave Yu Lin a quick peck on his blushed cheek. "Can I eat now?"

"Oh, I am sorry," Yu Lin unwrapped the sandwich and handed it to Lu Fei, "here you are." Then he took out the hot milk and placed it on the table.

"No coffee?"

Yu Lin squinted his eyes in a threatening way, "no, you can't drink coffee when your stomach is empty," he gave the cup into Lu Fei's empty hand, "drink."

"Wow, my boyfriend is so scary," Lu Fei teased the younger but did as he was told, making the other smile in return.

After fifteen minutes, Yu Lin went back to his cafe after getting a good kiss for a reward while Lu Fei returned to the meeting with a full stomach as well as a full heart.