13. First Kiss

"What's wrong?" was the first thing Lu Fei asked when he saw Yu Lin sitting in the kitchen, lost in thoughts. As his family paid an unexpected visit earlier in the night, Lu Fei guessed that Yu Lin's mood was related to his family.

"You're back," Yu Lin stood up, "you should be hungry, I will prepare you something."

Lu Fei put his bag and jacket onto the chair before hugging Yu Lin from behind, "tell me, what's wrong?" he asked softly, trying not to force him to speak.

Feeling Lu Fei's warmth around his body, Yu Lin couldn't hold himself anymore and started to cry silently. As soon as a drop of tear landed on Lu Fei's arm, he turned the younger man around, drawing him a tighter hug. Yu Lin followed his lead, hugged Lu Fei's waist equally tight and started to cry his heart out. Only after Yu Lin shed all of his tears, Lu Fei brought him to the living room without breaking the hug.

"Are you better now?" Lu Fei asked while wiping the traces of tears from the younger's cheeks.

Yu Lin leaned his head on Lu Fei's hand, "much better, thank you."

"Now tell me what happened? Is it about my family?" he asked, caressing Yu Lin's blushed cheeks.

The younger one nodded slightly. "Your family..."

"Yes?"

"Too nice..."

"What?!" Lu Fei startled. Too nice? Then what was the problem?

Yu Lin took a deep breath, "your family was too nice to me, they even had dinner with me. For the first time in my life, I felt the love of a family."

Lu Fei frowned, "then what is the problem?"

"The problem is I told them everything without hiding anything," the younger answered softly while averting his eyes, feeling guilty to spill out everything easily.

"Like?"

"I told them about my family situation, my job, how we met," he fidgeted a bit before continuing, "they also know that I borrowed money from you."

"And?" Lu Fei really couldn't see where the conversation was going.

"That's all. They asked and I told them everything. They were super kind to me, but probably you will receive a call tomorrow from them, saying I am not suitable for you," he said with a hint of sadness in his eyes, then added, "and they are right, I am not suitable for you."

"Oh my," Lu Fei was speechless so he preferred to speak with his actions. He pulled Yu Lin towards himself and connected their lips. As it was their first kiss, Lu Fei was going slow, just giving the younger soft kisses on his lips.

Indeed, the younger was shocked by the sudden kiss, but he didn't pull himself back. He even encircled his arms around Lu Fei's neck unconsciously to have a better taste who in turn encircled his arms around the younger's waist. They kissed for a while with an irrepressible passion before Lu Fei broke the kiss, being afraid if he couldn't make do only with kisses.

"It was my answer," Lu Fei whispered while cupping Yu Lin's face, caressing his swollen lips, "and my mother said not to let you go. They didn't pretend to be kind, they really liked you, that's why they were kind to you."

"Really?" Yu Lin asked with eyes wide open.

Lu Fei nodded with an encouraging smile, "you got upset for nothing."

Yu Lin averted his eyes with embarrassment and rushed to the kitchen after saying "I will fix you something to eat."

As it was Tuesday, Yu Lin was at home, so after Lu Fei finished his meal, they decided to watch a movie which they had never done before. Both of them were obviously inexperienced in dating so Lu Fei thought that they could seek inspiration from a romance movie. However, being terrible at reading the atmosphere, Yu Lin chose an action movie among all those romance movies.

"Witness?" Lu Fei asked with a sigh as his plan came to naught by the clueless Yu Lin.

"Looks fun," he looked at Lu Fei with his big innocent eyes, "you don't like this one?"

Lu Fei laughed softly, this brat wouldn't even let him feel disappointed with that cute look on his face. He clicked on the movie while saying "let's watch it then."

Although Yu Lin was the only one who was excited about the movie, he managed to watch it only for half an hour before falling asleep. He was drained because of the meeting with Lu Fei's family and the anxiety of rejection, but as Lu Fei assured him, he felt relaxed. So relaxed that he fell asleep.

Feeling the pressure on his shoulder, Lu Fei looked down to find out Yu Lin was sleeping peacefully on his shoulder. He watched Yu Lin for a while, then turned off the laptop, lifted the sleeping figure and paused for a second to think which room to take him before carrying him to his room. As Lu Fei was constantly looking for opportunities to get closer to Yu Lin, taking him to his own bed looked like a smart move.

Lu Fei gently laid the figure in his embrace into the quilt before joining him. He wrapped his arm around Yu Lin's waist and drifted into sleep, sniffing the younger's sweet scent.