12. A Surprise Visit

Next morning, Yu Lin woke up in Lu Fei's arms, feeling his soft breathing on his ear. Normally, Yu Lin would have already kicked the other to the floor while throwing himself to the opposite side, but he didn't do that, surprising himself. Slowly, he turned around to see Lu Fei's face while keeping his arm still on him, enjoying his warmth. Lu Fei was really handsome and manly even when he was asleep. Yu Lin couldn't help but caress his smooth cheek lovingly.

You have everything; a handsome face, a model-like body, a lot of money and a beautiful soul... how come you chose me? he murmured to himself, it was too good to be true...

Yu Lin sighed while trying to get off the bed but Lu Fei's arm was tightened around his thin body suddenly.

"Are you running away?" Lu Fei asked nervously as he was afraid of Yu Lin's reaction.

"No, I'm not running away. I was going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast," he turned around to look at Lu Fei, "are you better? You scared me so much last night."

"I'm sorry for that, but as I have you in my arms now, I'm already recovered," Lu Fei pushed the younger's bangs from his eyes, "let's skip breakfast, I want to stay like this." He was over the cloud, seeing Yu Lin willingly lying in his arms.

But Yu Lin knitted his eyebrows, said angrily "yeah, sure so that you can get sick on me again!" He saved his body from Lu Fei's grip, "from now on, you are forbidden to eat fast food and snacks, and you won't skip any meals for work, understood?"

Lu Fei was appalled with the sudden change in Yu Lin, "yes sir!" he said, chuckling.

Yu Lin also joined in the laughing before going to the kitchen.

Who knew my wifey was this fiery, Lu Fei mumbled while smiling.

***

For the next week, Yu Lin took the control in his hand and fed Lu Fei only with home-made food. He even called his friend whose cafe Yu Lin was working and asked him to rearrange his shift, so that he could have one extra hour at home to cook breakfast everyday.

Lu Fei was super happy with Yu Lin's attention on him and in order to keep the current progress, Lu Fei was being sure to be at home for breakfast and dinner, and show his appreciation both with words and hugs.

That situation continued until Tuesday as on Tuesday, Lu Fei couldn't make it for the dinner but coincidentally Lu Fei's family did.

"You said you won't make it..." Yu Lin said while opening the door, thinking it was Lu Fei.

"Hello dear, we are Lu Fei's mother and father," Mrs. Lu said gently, "can we come in?"

"S...Sure..." Yu Lin stuttered while moving away so that they could come in.

"And you are?"

"I am Zhao Yu Lin, I'm Lu Fei's..." What? Boyfriend? Friend? Housemate?

Mrs. Lu smiled all-knowingly but didn't comment on the issue, "what a nice name... By the way, are you cooking something?" Mrs. Lu asked Yu Lin, "it smells so nice."

"Ah!" Yu Lin responded before running back to the kitchen as he remembered the boiling soup.

"He is cute," Mrs. Lu whispered to her husband who in turn just nodded.

Turning off the cooking stove, Yu Lin joined them back in the living room. "Would you... like to try some?" he asked shyly, "although I'm not sure about the taste."

"We would love to try, right honey?"

"Sure," Mr. Lu said and they followed Yu Lin to the kitchen.