14. The Punishment

"Yu Lin? Are you still sleeping?" Lu Fei asked from outside while knocking on his door again. It was already eight p.m so he needed to wake up if he wanted to have dinner before his shift in the club started.

The door opened and a very tired Yu Lin appeared. "What time is it?" he asked, rubbing his eyes. He slept for three hours but he was still so tired.

"It is eight," Lu Fei sighed as he wasn't happy seeing Yu Lin pushing himself that much, "take a shower first, the food is almost here."

"Thank you," he said and rushed to the bathroom with a big smile on his face as he was so happy for the care he was receiving from Lu Fei. Although he was strong and independent for all of his life, he forgot those days rather quickly. Now, Lu Fei was taking care of him and Yu Lin was super happy about that.

After the shower, Yu Lin got dressed quickly and joined Lu Fei in the kitchen.

"Did you order spicy food for yourself?" Yu Lin asked with a frown, seeing the food in front of Lu Fei.

Like a naughty child caught in action, Lu Fei averted his eyes, "I can eat spicy food some time," he answered softly.

Yu Lin shook his head while changing their plates, "you have a stomach problem, so you can't eat spicy," his tone was the same as a concerned mother or a wife, let's say. Lu Fei didn't object but laughed softly, happy to see Yu Lin was worried about him.

"Was it a tough day?" Lu Fei asked with an uneasy heart. He really didn't understand why Yu Lin was insisting on keeping both jobs, but he couldn't convince him no matter what he said.

Yu Lin nodded, stuffing a full spoon of rice into his mouth, "it is Saturday so the cafe was full."

This time it was Lu Fei's time to nod. "Are you sure you want to keep working two jobs?" he asked carefully, trying not to anger Yu Lin.

Yu Lin tilted his head downward, thinking how to respond. "I want to keep both of them, I'm used to this kind of life, you know," he said at the end. How could he say that he wanted to contribute to the house expenses, that he didn't want to be financially dependent on Lu Fei? When he combined the two salaries, it was equal to a normal salary so he couldn't afford leaving one.

"If it is what you want..." Lu Fei didn't want to argue with him.

Yu Lin nodded with a smile before going to work, leaving Lu Fei behind with a heavy heart.

01.45 a.m

"Where are you?" Lu Fei yelled to the empty house while dialling Yu Lin's number again. He must have been at home by that time but he wasn't.

The number you are calling...

Lu Fei threw the phone onto sofa before rushing to the door, but at that time, the door was opened from outside.

"Where were you?!" Lu Fei pulled Yu Lin into a very tight embrace. Yu Lin couldn't answer as he couldn't understand what was going on. He hugged the agitated man back and tried to calm his pounding heartbeat.

After Lu Fei was calmed, he broke the hug but grabbed the younger's hands, "where were you? I was so worried."

Yu Lin's eyes were wide open with astonishment, "I...I had a chat with a coworker. I didn't notice that my battery was dead... I am so sorry to make you worry," he stuttered with a feeling of guilt on his chest, then he pulled Lu Fei for a kiss, apologizing in his way.

Lu Fei liked the method of apology. Oh yes, he really liked it. But he had no intention to miss his chance so he said "I appreciate the apology but I'm still angry."

Hearing his words, Yu Lin panicked a little, "what can I do for you to forgive me?" he asked woefully.

He was so cute with pouty pink lips so Lu Fei couldn't hold himself and smiled allusively, "hmm, let me think," he said while pulling the younger one towards his room.

Suddenly Yu Lin panicked a great deal and grabbed the door handle, "w..what do...you want?" he asked with terror in his voice.

Noticing that the younger misunderstood him, Lu Fei let Yu Lin go so that he wouldn't have a panic attack. "I didn't mean that," he said softly, "I would never force you for it. What I meant was sleeping in my bed, nothing more."

Appalled, Yu Lin kept staring at the floor. He really wanted to smack his head to the door for the misunderstanding. After a minute of silence, he said "I know you would never force me but I... just..."

"I know..." Lu Fei gave him a hug, "but you can't escape your punishment." He tried to break the tension in the air.

"What?" Yu Lin looked at him with empty eyes.

Lu Fei sighed, "you have to sleep with me here," he pointed to his bed.

"Aha," Yu Lin finally understood. "It isn't a big deal, we already slept together a few times."

Lu Fei smirked, "no, this time is different because it is not only for today. From now on you have to sleep here with me."

"Oh," Yu Lin murmured but in his heart, he was more than happy.

He went to his room to change into pyjamas then came back to Lu Fei's room, taking his spot in his arms before drifting off to sleep.