16. Anything For You

After Yu Lin quitted his job in the club, their relationship improved greatly as now they had the entire evening to spend together. After the dinner, they were watching movies, reading books, talking about their days as well as going for walks when the weather was nice. If Lu Fei had some work to do, Yu Lin was playing with his phone next to him after cooking coffee for Lu Fei.

They also started to go to bed earlier as Yu Lin wasn't working and Lu Fei didn't have to wait for him anymore. Every night, they spent a good amount of time in the bed, kissing before Yu Lin fell asleep and Lu Fei went for a very cold shower.

Everything was going perfectly, therefore something must have happened. Otherwise, Yu Lin would think that life didn't belong to him.

"Yu Lin, it is burning!" Lu Fei rushed forward and turned off the cooking stove.

"Ha?" When Yu Lin came to his senses, Lu Fei had already dealt with the situation.

"What's wrong? You are spacing out a lot today," Lu Fei said with a frown, then he took Yu Lin to the living room to talk about the problem. He already made it clear before that they needed to talk about anything; sad, happy, disappointing... Knowing that, Yu Lin made no objection, obediently sat across Lu Fei.

"I shouldn't have left my job at the club," he said softly after a while.

"Why?"

Yu Lin sighed heavily, "the cafe will be sold soon. My friends have to go back to her hometown to take over the family business."

"I'm so sorry to hear that," Lu Fei said while holding his hand, "do you really like working there or you are just sad to lose a job?"

"I really like this cafe," Yu Lin started but then changed it to "well, I liked it. Nevermind, it is life. I was already getting suspicious though..." he wanted to go back to the kitchen, but Lu Fei caught his waist and pulled him on his lap.

"Suspicious about what?" he asked with a frown. Was there more in the story?

Yu Lin leaned his head on the crook of Lu Fei's neck, inhaling his manly cologne. It is OK, nothing really that much matters as long as I have you by my side, he thought.

Lu Fei tightened his embrace around his small body while kissing his hair. "Tell me what you were suspicious about," he inquired again as Yu Lin kept his silence.

"Everything was going too well... I'm not used to it," he said in a light tone although he was feeling bitter about it. He just didn't want to make Lu Fei worried.

Lu Fei felt a pang in his heart but said nothing. What could he say? Words were useless... but actions were good. So he decided to take action.

***

The very next day, Lu Fei was sitting with the couple who owned the cafe Yu Lin was working.

"Can I ask how did you know we want to sell the cafe? We didn't even put a notion," Mr. Zhu asked.

"I am Yu Lin's boyfriend," Lu Fei didn't see any reason to hide his relation to Yu Lin.

"Oh," the couple was shocked as they didn't know Yu Lin's boyfriend was that rich.

"Now you can guess why I am interested in the cafe," Lu Fei looked them in the eye, "sell it to me, the price doesn't matter."

In one hour, Yu Lin was the new owner although he didn't know that. Lu Fei asked the couple to close the cafe one hour earlier that day so that Lu Fei could give the news to Yu Lin. Being more than happy both for the happenings and for dear friend Yu Lin, the couple agreed before returning to the cafe one last time.

***

Lu Fei waited until there was no customer in the cafe, then he walked in and locked the door. Hearing the voice of the little bell on the door, Yu Lin came back from the kitchen.

"Sir, we are..." he saw the man was Lu Fei, "what are you doing here?"

"Shall I go?" Lu Fei pretended as if he was opening the door.

"No.. no," Yu Lin threw the towel in his hand to the counter and rushed towards him to stop him, "I am just surprised, don't take it to heart," he said with an apologetic tone.

Lu Fei ruffled his hair, "I was joking," he said laughingly. "Can I sit?"

"yeah, sure," the younger one led him to the table with the garden view, "cake and coffee?" he asked very nicely. He didn't know why but he felt quite happy to have Lu Fei in the cafe before it was sold.

"Did you make the cake?" Lu Fei asked flirtatiously as he noticed the excitement of the other and decided to play along.

Yu Lin nodded with a smile.

"Then, yes please."

Yu Lin nodded again before disappearing behind the counter. A few minutes later, he came back with a tray. He carefully placed the coffee and the red velvet cake in front of Lu Fei before sitting across from him.

Lu Fei tried the cake and rolled his eyes with exaggeration, "this is the best cake I have ever had," he said, making Yu Lin chuckle. He was always doing the same whenever Yu Lin was cooking something different. Lu Fei quickly ate the cake and drank the coffee, and placed the empty cup and plate onto the tray. Then he reached forward and held Yu Lin's hand in a serious manner.

"What's wrong?" Yu Lin also noticed the sudden change in his behaviour.

"Do I have to pay for the cake?" he asked very seriously, in contrast to the nature of the sentence, "after all, I am the boss' boyfriend."

Hearing the first part, Yu Lin burst into a laugh, but then he heard the second part and his laugh disappeared, "what did you say?"

"I said that I shouldn't pay for the cake as I am the boyfriend of the boss."

"What do you mean?" Yu Lin couldn't understand what Lu Fei was implying.

Suddenly, Lu Fei leaned forward and stole a kiss from Yu Lin's lips, "you are so cute when you are clueless." Then he took out the certificate of ownership and a bunch of keys from his bag and gave them to Yu Lin.

Yu Lin took a minute to check the certificate, "you...you didn't..."

"I did," Lu Fei pinched his cheek, "I bought the cafe for you, now you are the owner."

"Why?" Yu Lin asked with teary eyes. He would never guess Lu Fei to do something like this, "you didn't have to do this. I can't repay such kindness."

"I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to. Can I see your smile again as repayment?"

"Not only that but also..." Yu Lin threw himself on Lu Fei and pressed their lips together. He was so happy and so in love...

After a while, Lu Fei slightly parted their lips, "you won't charge me for the cake, right?" he asked teasingly.

Yu Lin pulled him back, murmuring "of course not as here belongs to you."

Lu Fei cupped his face, "no, it is yours."

"But I am yours, so everything I have is yours as well," he said with loving eyes.

"I just need your heart," Lu Fei kissed his nose, "and free cake."

"I will give you free kisses as well," Yu Lin took the lead again and smashed their lips.

"I liked the service here!"

"Then visit frequently sir," Yu Lin said before smashing their lips again.