5. I Got You

Destiny is a weird concept.

After that night, both Yu Lin and Lu Fei thought that they would never see each other again but on the following Thursday, Lu Fei was on his usual spot not because he wanted to but he was forced. Mr. Watanabe was back in China and wanted to go clubbing again in the same club. So Lu Fei had to accompany him.

"I will call Yu Lin," the waiter told Lu Fei as usual.

"No," Lu Fei stopped him, "don't call him, you serve us tonight." Lu Fei didn't want to see Yu Lin. He was still heartbroken and angry so he didn't want to make things worse than it was.

"What happened between you?" the waiter asked Yu Lin while he was waiting for Lu Fei's drinks to be ready.

"Nothing, why?" Yu Lin tried to look indifferent but he was also surprised to see Lu Fei.

"He didn't want you this time."

"Good, cause I also don't want to serve him," he said and left hastily to clean a table.

Although Lu Fei didn't want Yu Lin around him, it didn't stop him from watching him. Even Mr. Watanabe noticed that Lu Fei was in a daze and his eyes were always wandering around the club. He asked a few times but Lu Fei just shrugged his shoulders, not answering.

As Lu Fei's eyes never left Yu Lin, only he noticed when Yu Lin took more than ten minutes to dump the garbage. Feeling uneasy about his long disappearance, Lu Fei decided to check him to be sure he was fine.

Lu Fei used the staff door like Yu Lin did and went out. He couldn't see Yu Lin but the garbage bag he took out was on the floor not in the wheelie bin. Lu Fei looked around anxiously before starting to run towards the left, where there was a dead-end. Getting closer to the end, Lu Fei heard people talking. He ran towards the noise and saw five men besieging Yu Lin on the dark corner.

Lu Fei didn't even wait a second before attacking the group to save the damsel in distress. He was trained for self-defence from his youth after he was kidnapped for ransom when he was six. So, it didn't take too much time for Lu Fei to beat the life out of them.

After the group ran away, Lu Fei squatted next to Yu Lin who was still in shock. He was sitting on the ground, his arms encircled around his knees, his head lowered and eyes tightly closed. Even under the dim light, Lu Fei could see him shaking so badly.

"Yu Lin, you are safe now," Lu Fei whispered but the younger one didn't respond. So, Lu Fei softly lifted his chin a little to show him that he was safe.

Feeling someone was touching him, Yu Lin jumped to his feet, screaming. Lu Fei also jumped to his feet to stop him but as soon as Yu Lin saw that it was Lu Fei, he fainted in Lu Fei's arms. Maybe because he felt safe, his body shut itself finally.

Lu Fei carried the unconscious waiter to his car and drove to his own house as it would be more convenient for Lu Fei. Once arriving at the house, Lu Fei laid Yu Lin into his bed and called his family doctor. While waiting for the doctor, he cooked a simple congee in case Yu Lin would be hungry when he woke up.

"Don't worry, he will be fine after sleeping for a while," the doctor reassured Lu Fei who looked very anxious, "you know how to change IV drip, right?"

"Yes, I am helping my mother to do that when she is sick, remember?"

"Aa...true, I remember now. Then change it when this one finishes."

Lu Fei thanked the doctor before sending him, then he returned to his seat near the bed. It was as if the sleeping man put a spell on Lu Fei as he couldn't take his eyes off him. It was Lu Fei's first time seeing Yu Lin under a normal light and that close, and he really liked what he saw. Unconsciously, his hand found his way towards his gray hair, gently arranging it so that his long bangs wouldn't cover his pretty face.

Coming to his senses, Lu Fei wanted to retract his hand but it was grabbed suddenly.

"Help me...help me!" Yu Lin unconsciously was pulling Lu Fei's arm to himself.

"Shhh, it is OK...you are safe...I'm here..." Lu Fei sat on the bed next to the sleeping figure, gently patting his back to lull him back to a peaceful sleep.

Two hours later

Yu Lin woke up and saw his hands were around Lu Fei's arm, clenching him like a koala. Right after his eyes transmitted what they saw to his brain, he pushed Lu Fei out of bed.

"What?!" Lu Fei found himself on the floor, "did you just push me?!"

"What were you doing in bed?!"

"It was you who pulled me to the bed, clenching me with your claws!"

"..." Yu Lin knew he was telling the truth so he changed the topic. "Where am I?"

Lu Fei stood up from the floor, "just continue to sleep. I will tell you what happened in the morning," he said with a soft tone, then checked the IV drip and saw it was already finished so he changed it with professional fingers, making Yu Lin appalled.

"You..." Yu Lin started but couldn't continue as he didn't know what to say.

"Let's talk tomorrow, I am so tired, so are you," Lu Fei said calmly before leaving the room.