15. Taking You Out

"You want to take me out to dinner?" Lu Fei asked with an astonished tone. His gaze was fixed on the younger's eyes as if he was looking for the answer there.

Yu Lin was already blushed till his neck and Lu Fei's intensive gaze didn't help him any. "Y...Yes, can I?"

"Sure, when?" Lu Fei was trying so hard to suppress his grin. Oh my, I am so in love, he shouted inwardly. It was a simple dinner but he was acting like a girl expecting a proposal and he was the HUSBAND!

"Tonight?" Yu Lin was rushing before his courage went down to zero. As he was so shy in nature, even asking for dinner was difficult for him.

Lu Fei frowned, "today is Thursday, aren't you working?"

"I exchanged my shift with a coworker," he hastily said, "so, are we going?"

"Yes, sure," Lu Fei replied, smiling. Then they cleaned the kitchen and left for work.

***

Around four p.m, Yu Lin was back home to prepare. He took a shower, did his hair and wore his best pullover which was a plain lilac one and combined it with a pair of black jeans. He checked how he looked for a while in the mirror, then left the house again to collect Lu Fei from his workplace.

"Do you know the cafe I work at is just around the corner," Yu Lin said excitedly, right after Lu Fei got into the car.

"Really?" Lu Fei didn't know that as Yu Lin's second job wasn't in the file he received months ago and the younger didn't mention this before, making Lu Fei think Yu Lin was hiding it deliberately.

Thank God, it wasn't the case.

Yu Lin nodded with sparkled eyes before starting to drive. When they were passing the cafe, he pointed to Lu Fei, "this one, Amour."

Lu Fei looked at the small boutique cafe with an authentic wooden door. He had never been there, but he liked it instantly. In his opinion, this kind of a place was more suitable for Yu Lin than the club.

"Looks really nice," Lu Fei stole one more glance before the cafe disappeared from their sight, "how did you find that cafe?"

"It is my friend's," he answered, "when I was desperately looking for a job, this friend offered me to work in the cafe."

"He seems nice."

"She."

"What?"

"This friend is a she, not he."

"Mnn," Lu Fei didn't like this detail. Nope.

Noticing Lu Fei became silent all of a sudden, Yu Lin turned his head for a second to look at him and saw that he looked quite disturbed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Lu Fei sighed heavily, "you should be really close." Right after he said that, he cursed himself for not managing to hold his tongue. He didn't want to look jealous but he could smell the vinegar coming from himself.

"Yes, we are," clueless Yu Lin was back to the game.

"I see."

"Wait a minute," Yu Lin finally understood. "Don't tell me you are jealous?!" he said while laughing. He would never guess Lu Fei would be a victim of jealousy but apparently he was, and that made Yu Lin very pleased.

"Of course I am...not," said Lu Fei defensively but now he was not only jealous but also embarrassed. Great!

"Oh, then I don't need to say," Yu Lin was having so much fun so he didn't want to stop so soon.

"What?"

Yu Lin was still laughing but he managed to say, "she is already married!"

Lu Fei's face lightened, "really?"

Yu Lin nodded, "I know her through her husband, he is a friend from the orphanage."

"Wonderful news," Lu Fei said, smiling widely while Yu Lin was parking the car in front of the restaurant.

As Yu Lin already made a reservation, the waiter took them to their table without a delay. It was a really nice restaurant which Yu Lin would never go to if it wasn't for Lu Fei. Now I understand the meaning of 'love makes you do crazy things', Yu Lin thought. He was about to pay two months' salary willingly for a dinner just to show Lu Fei that he was important to him.

"What do you want to order?" Yu Lin asked when the waiter gave them the menu which was thick as a novel. "I heard this place is famous for its lasagne."

"We can try," Lu Fei could even eat poison if Yu Lin wanted him to do so.

Yu Lin nodded before ordering two lasagnes and red wine with a smile. When the waiter went, Lu Fei said scoldingly, "we drove here, so either you or I can't drink."

"I will just drink one glass, then we will have a walk before I drive back."

Lu Fei arched his eyebrows, giving a message of 'really?'

"Come on," Yu Lin exhaled loudly, "it is my first and the last time taking you out for a fancy dinner, so don't spoil it."

Hearing what he said, Lu Fei's soul left his body, in his mind, the word 'last' was echoing on and on. "What do you mean by last?" he asked at the end with fear in his heart. Was he leaving him? Was this a goodbye gift?

"Oh my," Yu Lin exclaimed while reaching for Lu Fei's hand. Usually he was very slow but seeing the panic on Lu Fei's face, for the first time he understood what he was thinking. "It is not what you are thinking, the focus of the sentence was 'fancy' not 'last'. I...I thought about your words about having two jobs, and I realized you were right, indeed, I am really tired... not because of working but because of my condition. Then I saw how worried you were for me and... I don't want to worry you, so I quitted my job in the club," he caressed Lu Fei's hand gently, "so it is my first and the last time that I can afford to take you out for a fancy dinner... for a while at least."

Lu Fei squeezed Yu Lin's hand back, "I don't want to eat at fancy restaurants, I don't want expensive gifts... All I want is you and your safety, and you already granted my wish," he kissed the younger's hand softly, "and you cook better than anyone else."

Thanks Heaven's, by that moment, the waiter came back with the orders otherwise they could start crying.

The rest of the night went merrily without a second emotional crisis. After Yu Lin paid for the bill, Lu Fei hailed a taxi, not letting Yu Lin drive, and the lovers went back home, holding each other's hands.