4. First Attempt

As expected, Lu Fei was back to his usual spot in the club next night. It had been only a week but he missed his fiery waiter. He missed him so much that he even ignored his severe gastric pain.

"You are back," Yu Lin said with an indifferent tone which bothered Lu Fei.

"Yeah, here I... am," he was trying to fight back the pain.

Yu Lin noticed that he was quite pale and his hand was clenched to his stomach. Although he had no feelings towards the guy, he felt emphatic towards him. "You look sick, maybe you should go home and rest."

Lu Fei couldn't help but smile hearing his caring words, "I have to protect you so just bring me a glass of water, please."

Protect me? Yu Lin asked inwardly. He didn't know what that guy wanted from him but he knew that he had no chance as Yu Lin's life was already very complicated and he needed no extra action.

Still, when he returned to Lu Fei's table, he placed a herbal tea in front of him, "drink this, it is good for stomach pain."

Lu Fei kept staring at the disappearing figure of Yu Lin, "so you aren't that cold-blooded, ha?" he mumbled, smiling. It was totally worth the pain.

He drank the tea and let the warmth embrace him.

That was it. Now, he knew what he wanted and wouldn't stop until he got it.

***

Lu Fei noticed that he was bisexual when he was doing his master in England. In China, gay marriages were legal but the old generation still didn't approve it. As Lu Fei was afraid that his parents could have a heart attack if he told them he was OK with both genders, he kept it a secret from his parents. But not anymore. So the next day at eight am, he was at his parent's house.

"What's wrong baby?" Mrs. Lu was panicked to see her son there early in the morning.

"Don't panic, mom, I just want to ask a question."

"Yes?"

"Do you really want me to get married?" Lu Fei asked carefully.

"Of course I do, baby," she answered quickly although she didn't see where that conversation was going.

"How about my happiness? Is it also important?"

"What are you saying?! Your happiness is the most important thing for us."

"Then as long as I am happy, you don't care with whom I am getting married, is that so? Even gender doesn't matter?"

"As long as you are happy, my one and only son," she guaranteed.

Lu Fei suddenly stood up and hugged his mother, "then tell my father that I found someone that I like, but you need to give me a month, and no questions," he said before moving towards the door but his mother stopped him.

"Who is she? Is she from the list I gave to you?"

Lu Fei smiled at his mother very mischievously, "the one I like is a man, mom." Then he left the house, leaving his mother alone with the shock of her life.

***

That night, Lu Fei was sitting in the club with a file in his hand. Earlier, he hired a private detective to find out everything about Yu Lin so that he could have some leverage to convince him to marry him.

According to the file, Yu Lin was an orphan and lived in the orphanage until he was eighteen. Then he enrolled in the gastronomy department in X university and lived in the dormitory with the scholarship. After university, he worked in a few clubs before BabyFace and then moved to a shabby condo near the club as he was broke. It was all as the file was prepared in half a day.

Lu Fei put the file on the table while sighing. He didn't like that his fiery waiter had to live through all those hardships. I will give you everything you want if you let me, he mumbled while watching Yu Lin wandering around the tables.

That night, Lu Fei waited until Yu Lin's shift was over to talk to him.

"Hey, do you have a minute?" Lu Fei cursed inwardly as it wasn't a good way to start a confession.

"Were you... waiting for me?" Yu Lin was slightly panicked. He took a few steps back.

Lu Fei didn't move in order not to scare him further, "look, I know you don't know me and I don't know you as well," he took a breath before continuing, "but I really want to know you."

Yu Lin frowned while listening to his confession, "I don't want to know you," he said hastily and wanted to go immediately but Lu Fei put his hand to his arm to stop him.

"Don't touch me!" Yu Lin jumped back, pushing Lu Fei's hand.

Being treated like a pervert made Lu Fei angry as well as disappointed. "I'm sorry I forgot you don't like to be touched but I'm not a pervert! I just asked you nicely, do you really need to treat me like this?"

Yu Lin averted his eyes as he had a point.

Lu Fei calmed down a bit before continuing, "how about this, you can think it is a business." He changed his strategy.

"What?"

"I need someone to marry as soon as possible and you need money, right? So I can give you as much as you want and you can pretend to be my partner," he lied a little.

"What kind of a joke is this?" Yu Lin was so confused.

"I'm not joking, my parents are forcing me to marry but I couldn't find someone that I like, only you... I find you interesting so if I'm going to get married, I prefer it to be with you."

"You want to buy me to be your s..x slave?" His words were cold as ice.

Lu Fei massaged his temples, "do I give you an impression like that?" He turned his back to Yu Lin. Before he left, he said "forget about it, I have never felt this much humiliated in my entire life."

Yu Lin couldn't move for a while, cursing himself for his sharp-tongue. But it was too late, probably he wouldn't see the guy ever again after that night.