8. Moving in

"Is that all?" Lu Fei pointed to the two pieces of luggage.

"Yes, I don't have much stuff," Yu Lin replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Two luggage, Lu Fei said inwardly, his entire life fits into two luggage but it will change, I promise...

They put the luggage into a truck and drove to Lu Fei's house. As Lu Fei already made the guest room cleaned for Yu Lin, the only thing Yu Lin needed to do was to unpack. while he was unpacking, Lu Fei ordered food.

"Are you done?" Lu Fei shouted towards Yu Lin's room while he was opening the food covers.

"Mnn, already finished." He said as he came to the kitchen, sitting on the opposite side of Lu Fei, "delivery?"

He put the covers aside, "yes, I don't cook as I don't have time for cooking."

"So you don't eat home-made food often?"

Lu Fei nodded.

Yu Lin never thought they would have something in common but there it was. Like Lu Fei, Yu Lin was quite busy with work but he liked cooking. If he had a chance, he would like to cook but there was a problem; in his flat, there wasn't a kitchen unit but only a kettle. So, he was used to eating ready-to-eat-noodles.

"What are you thinking?" Lu Fei noticed he was lost in his own world.

Yu Lin shook his head, "if you don't mind...I can cook sometimes," he said shyly.

Lu Fei almost dropped his chopsticks. He would never expect Yu Lin to be willing to cook in his house on the first day he came. "I would appreciate that," he said while smiling at the younger.

"Deal," Yu Lin smiled back at him as he was so happy to be able to cook again.

After lunch, Lu Fei left the living room to Yu Lin and went to his room to finish some paperwork for the work. As Yu Lin had nothing to do until nine pm, he explored the house a little; it was a two-room flat with a big kitchen and living room. Although Lu Fei looked very rich, the house was very humble with no unnecessary or expensive-looking accessories.

Lu Fei stood in front of the huge bookshelf in the living room and checked a few titles randomly to see that Lu Fei had books about almost everything; from economics to action novels. It had been a while reading something other than job advertisements so Yu Lin grabbed the first action novel he saw and started to read on the sofa.

One hour later, Lu Fei found Yu Lin on the sofa, sleeping with a book in his hand. Slowly, he sat at the edge of the sofa to get a better look of the younger's face. His usual hardened expressions were softened with the sleep, making him look a lot younger and gentle. All I need is a chance, I know you would love me back, Lu Fei said inwardly.

As if he sensed the presence of Lu Fei, Yu Lin stirred in his sleep, making Lu Fei jump to his feet and run to the kitchen.

"Hey," Yu Lin appeared in the kitchen a few minutes later.

Lu Fei put water into the kettle, "you want coffee?"

Yu Lin nodded before asking "can I check around to see what I need to buy for cooking?"

Lu Fei put the coffee package on the worktop and turned around to look at Yu Lin. "As I told you already, this is also your home so you don't need my permission."

Yu Lin smiled awkwardly before he hid his face in the refrigerator, feeling shy. He had never had a place where he could call home and now a stranger was telling him that he was home. He already knew he needed to be cautious but Lu Fei was too good to him.

"We need to buy everything as there is only coffee and milk," Lu Fei said, bringing Yu Lin back to his senses.

"Ha?... Yes...I see." Yu Lin needed a second to understand. Wait, everything?! Yu Lin didn't have much money to buy a lot, but he couldn't say this to Lu Fei. He was already living in his house without paying rent so...

"Shall we go after coffee, before you go to work?" Lu Fei handed the cup to Yu Lin, "by the way, I can't let you pay for the grocery shopping."

"But..."

"No buts."

***

It was a simple grocery shopping that normal people do every week but for Yu Lin, it was something extraordinary. As he neither had money nor a kitchen, Yu Lin was used to buying only the necessities and instant food so doing a proper grocery shopping and cooking them in a proper kitchen was his dream. That's why he had chosen gastronomy in the university, just to be able to get close to the things he couldn't afford by himself.

Lu Fei predicted the younger's desire about cooking as he already knew a lot of things about him through the file. Therefore, he took Yu Lin to the biggest supermarket -although it was a bit far- just to make the younger one happy.

His effort was worth it as Yu Lin lost his mind in the supermarket. It was his first time in that market as it was pretty far from his house and he was quite impressed. He was running around, checking each aisle carefully but not putting anything on the shopping card.

"You don't want that?" Lu Fei asked at the end as they were in the shop for twenty minutes but the card was still empty.

"No...no...I'm just checking," Yu Lin murmured, embarrassed to be caught red handed, then he ran to another aisle.

"You are too cute for your own good," Lu Fei mumbled after him and put the chips package Yu Lin was checking into the card.

The shopping took two whole hours but Lu Fei didn't complain. On the contrary, he enjoyed it a lot, watching Yu Lin acting like a little kid. It was a whole new experience for him. In order not to disturb him, Lu Fei followed him with a certain distance between them, and whenever the younger one touched a product, Lu Fei put that product into the card, unknown to Yu Lin.

As a result, Yu Lin got shocked when he finished placing the grocery products into his card and saw Lu Fei's was already full. "What are all these?"

"Everything you touched," Lu Fei answered, honestly.

"You're kidding, right?" Yu Lin looked carefully at Lu Fei's face to see the traces of teasing but there was none, he was quite serious.

Lu Fei shook his head, confirming he wasn't kidding.

Yu Lin was lost for words, happy tears filled his eyes but Lu Fei misunderstood the situation. He rushed towards the almost crying man, he wanted to hug him, comfort him but he knew he didn't like to be touched. For now. So he rather stood in front of him.

"What's wrong?"

With shaky hands, Yu Lin reached and held the edges of Lu Fei's coat. It was the best he could do in terms of proximity, then whispered softly, "thank you."

It was enough for Lu Fei to melt. I can spend all my money, just to hear you say 'thank you', he said inwardly.

They stood like that for a while, not caring about the attention they drew. Then Lu Fei paid everything and together they carried the bags to the car to go back home. Well, Yu Lin thought they were going home but Lu Fei had one more stop to visit.