Damn, How Does He Move Like That?!

I hadn't talked to Jesse. I saw the basics of it and I didn't care to hear his reaction. We got ready and left to attend mckinleys glee club. Rachel had stayed true to her word and gotten Jesse and I a job to help out with their club. That's where we were, in the front of the class being introduced by Will.

"New directions! I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant- Jesse St James," Rachel was the only one to clap for Jesse. I look to Jesse, feeling insanely weird about it. "Along with a choreographer we are insanely lucky to have, Madelaine Rivers!" Will announced. A few more scattered claps sounded through the class.

"I don't trust this guy, how do we know he's not just going to trick us into doing something stupid so his Alma mater wins?" Finn voices.

"I don't think I need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Finn." Jesse fired back. I slap him on the arm.

"Be nice, they hired us." I quietly scold him.

"Guys, Jesse and Madelaine are consultants. I still make all the calls. Now, I have all the confidence I'm the world in you guys. I just think we could use all the help we could get. Because..." Will trails off, pointing to the board that says nationals. "This is it. We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here. Now I was talking with Jesse, and he agreed that we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition. I was thinking of doing one group number and one duet." Will introduces. I stand aside Jesse, feeling very out of place.

"Rachel and I should sing a duet. We killed it last year at regionals with faithfully." Finn interrupts.

"Yeah, killed us- we lost." Quinn muttered. I try and hold back a smirk but this girl was funny.

"May I?" Jesse asks, looking to Will for confirmation.

"Uh, yeah." Will responds. Jesse takes a little step forward, looking directly at Finn.

"I agree that Rachel should sing lead, but Finn, I think it's best you sit this one out. Fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers, and mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop." Jesse rambles on. I place a hand over my mouth in a silent shock. Well, ok then... I sense Will scooting over to me.

"That reminds me, you'll be working with mike on some of the dance stuff." He mentions. I nod and smile politely. Jesse says he can dance so who am I to disagree.

"You- you see? You see what I'm talking about? The guys a jerk!" Finn shouts. Will leans over to Jesse.

"Jesse, maybe you could, uh, be a little bit gentler with your advice." Will offers.

"Gentle?" Jesse asks, genuinely confused. Figures...

"Yes." Will sighs.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize that we were training for the 'good try' ribbon at nationals. I thought we were in it to win the whole damn thing. And there's only one way we can do that." Jesse says.

"Poison darts?" The girl I learned is Brittany called out.

"The vocal adrenaline strategy is simple- identify yourself best performer and build the entire performance around them." Jesse explains.

"Doesn't really help the performer after high school now does it." I mutter to myself a little bitterly.

"So what does everyone else do?" Mercedes asks.

"And who's our star performer?" The guy I danced with at the prom, 'puck' asked. Will glanced over at Jesse and I for a moment before sighing.

"We're going to have auditions to find out. I'm gonna post a sign-up sheet later this afternoon." Will explains.