Chapter 4

(Dimitri, the Gamma^^^)

 It's been about 2 hours since we started walking, and my legs are so freaking tired. I notice myself becoming weaker as we walk farther. I haven't eaten a real meal for 48 hours, besides an apple and a multigrain bar, and walking for a long time in the early September sun isn't really the best remedy.

As we walk farther I rely more and more on the people holding on my arms.

At one point I think they noticed because their eyes glazed over like they were mind linking, and then the Gamma looked back at me and asked if I was gonna pass out.

When we finally do stop, we're outside a wide clearing, and in the middle, is the largest Pack house I've ever seen! (Grant-it, I've only seen one, when I was like 3)

There were also several other houses, smaller than the pack house, surrounding it.

"Whoa" I whisper, looking around me with awe.

"Come on, Rogue," One of the guards says and pushes me.

I would've fought back, but the mixture of awe and weakness prevented me from doing anything.

Some warriors started going towards the big pack house, but the Gamma and two holding onto my arms led me in a different direction. A few yards off of the pack house.

"Where are you taking me? I thought you said I had to meet your alpha," I ask the Gamma while nodding towards the pack house.

He turns to me.

"You will meet Alpha Tarek, in the cells,"

I look at him, my eyes wide.

"The cells? Why?!?"

"Well, let's see here," He says sarcastically.

"You trespassed on our land, which makes you a rogue, you beat up more than half of my best warriors-"

He starts counting on his finger.

"And, if I don't take you there I will get a pep-talk from Alpha Terek, which no-one would ever want. Ever."

~I like this one. He's sassy.~

I roll my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" He asks, a bit annoyed thinking I disrespected him.

"No, not at you. My wolf, Hazel. She's being an ass," I shrug my shoulders.

He turns away but, what's that?? A smile I detect!?!

We start walking again towards the cells until we reach a gross looking, grey door that's stained with some kind of liquid....

"Move it along"

One of the guards says, pushing me forward and down the steps.

When we get to the bottom of the stairs, a metallic stench of blood and death fills my nostrils and I start coughing.

"What is this place?" I mumble.

We keep walking past cells. Some are filled with sobs and screams, some are filled with coughing and sick men and women, and some just people lying on the ground. Motionless.

We keep walking till we get to an empty cell.

The Gamma opens it and motions for me to go inside, but I stay still.

"What the hell is this place?" I whisper, looking up at him.

He stares at me for a minute.

"This is precautionary standard-"