Chapter 31

I walk down the stairs, startled to see the pack house completely empty. My eyes nearly pop out of my skull when I notice it's 2pm.

"Hello Ms. Makada." 

I turn to see the kind cook, Paola, as she walks towards me from the kitchen. She has a small basket with her, and a tiny notebook with a full list filled with different foods.

"I'm off to the market downtown, but one of my staff members will make you something to eat as I noticed you were not at breakfast this morning. Feel free to ask them anything!" She smiles cheerfully and I thank her before she walks out. I try not to blush as I remember the events of this morning. We completed the mating process. 

I little chuckle escapes me as I head into the kitchen.

"Oh, Ms. I was just heading out, but I can make you something -"

I wave off the young cook quickly.

"I can manage, thank you."

The cook leaves with a grateful smile and I go to the fridge, deciding to make some breakfast. As I crack an egg into the pan, arms snake around my waist and warm breath fans onto my mark, making me shiver. Roman leans his head on my shoulder and watches as I flip the egg.

He teases me by pecking my neck lightly over and over until finally, i turn in his arms and kiss him passionately.

***

That night

"Come on filthy mutt. Clean this shit up," A man with red eyes trips the little girl so she falls.

"You are a bad man! Mommy said you took Daddy away!"

The man chuckles disturbingly and grabs the little girl's chin, pulling her face upwards towards him.

"I didn't take your Daddy away little girl, I killed him. Your "daddy" is dead."

The little girl shakes her head, refusing to listen.

"You're lying, Mommy said he was just away for a while. And Adryan said I didn't have to be scared, so I'm not!" She puts her tiny, skinny arm on her hip.

"You are quite a feisty one."

The little girl whips her chin away from the man's hand and stomps on his foot.

"That's for taking Daddy away,"

He grabs her arm and starts dragging her away, towards a guard-like woman.

"Teach this mutt a lesson, would you dearest?"

The woman smirks and takes the little girl's arm, dragging her the rest of the way to a door and throwing her inside.

"You've been bad, little pup." She grins, her red eyes shining bright, as if she was enjoying this.

The woman reaches towards her belt and unhooks a whip...

Roman's POV

I snap awake as I hear muttering beside me. I look to my left, at my beautiful Bambi, to see she's having another nightmare.

"Shit.." I mutter.

I shake her soldiers. "Makada, Baby, wake up. Wake up baby, you're having a nightmare.
Merda, perché non ti svegli?!?!? (Shit, Why aren't you waking up?!?)" My breathing quickens as she starts shaking, snapping her head back and forth.

"Shit Shit, Kada WAKE UP! Baby, please WAKE UP!" I yell, but she only breathes faster.

Caroline!!!! CAROLINE