Chapter 6

(This is how I envisioned Roman, but comment below who you think he should look like!)

We step back into the pack house, and I look around me.

There's a big Kitchen and three big living rooms, all decorated with color-coordinated sofas and decor, each with a huge flat screen TV.

"Wow," I whisper.

Roman holds my hand gently and leads me to the kitchen.

"Roman?" I hear a girl call from somewhere else in the packhouse.

He lets go of my hand.

"Caroline? I'm in the kitchen, babycakes!" He says, with a smile.

A tinge of jealousy shoots through me, and Hazel growls in my head.

~He's our mate! Ours!~

A beautiful girl, who looks to be about 18 or so, walks into the kitchen.

As soon as Roman sees her he picks her up and spins her around while they both laugh.

"I missed you!" She says,

~Bitch.~

"I missed you too!" He says back.

I'm sorry, what is happening?

I stand there awkwardly, looking down at my hands.

"Oh, Makada, this is Caroline," he gestures towards the girl and she smiles and waves.

"My sister,"

~Oh, well, ahem. That-that's fine then.~ Hazel stammers in my head.

"Oh, hi, I'm Makada." I say quietly, my face heating up with embarrassment.

She laughs a little.

"Are you two...friends?"

Well this just got even more awkward.

"No," we both say at the same time.

"She's my mate, we're past the friend stage" he says cheekily and smirks at me.

I glare daggers at him.

"Haha, no. We just met. After they kidnapped me." I snap back.

We glare at each other. Did he forget all the lovey-dovey stuff he literally just said to me?

This dude has mood swings worse than a girl on her period.

"Okay well, um, *cough* Why don't you and I go explore the pack house Makada? I know my brother can be really boring and annoying sometimes," Caroline says smiling and holding in a laugh.

"I was gonna take Makada-" he starts, but I quickly interject.

"That sounds amazing Caroline! I would really appreciate some girl time," I interrupt him.

I push past him and Caroline and I start walking up a grand staircase to explore the rest of the house.

We stop at a large oak door and she pushes it open.

"Okay there isn't really much to explore, I just thought you needed some saving" she says, plopping down on a queen size bed in the middle of the room.