Chapter 45

I feel the same weird vacuum and all of a sudden I feel heavy. A beeping monitor is somewhere in the distance behind my lids, and heavy breathing is next to me. There's another weight, on my shoulder that I recognize and the faint feeling of sparks.

I try to peel my eyelids open, but they feel as though they weigh a ton of bricks so I start smaller. I wiggle a finger, a toe. I start to feel my senses come back to be. Some birds chirping and the smell of hospital.

After several more attempts I finally crack my eyes open. The room is a blue haze, with a few yellow and pink beams on the floors and walls. I turn my head slowly to the left and open my eyes wider to see a beautiful sunrise about to begin. Birds already waking up among its beauty. I turn to the right and see Roman. His hair is a mess, heavy bags under his eyes and he looks skinnier on his cheeks and jaw. I can't imagine what the rest of him looks like - he looks as though he hasn't been taking care of himself. I sigh and roll my eyes playfully at his stubbornness to eat when I see a tray full of food on the bedside table, untouched.

I look at my hand to see it's intertwined with Roman's already, him laying his head on my shoulder, I lift my other hand and start gently running my fingers through his hair. I purr like sound leaves his lips and he looks content - that is until he jumps awake frantically. His eyes look wild as he looks at our hands, then me, then almost going back to sleep and then looking at me again, eyes wide.

"M-Makada? Baby? You're awake?"

I smile softly at him and rest my hand on his stubble.

"Yes baby, I'm awake."

I choked sob leaves him as he wraps his arms right around me and pulls me flush against him. He looks over every inch of my face and lays our foreheads against each other as tears stream down his cheeks."

"Oh my god, baby I thought you were gone. I thought you left m-me, and h-here you are! Oh my god I love you so much baby, I love you so so much," He cries. I rub his face gently.

"I love you more," I smile and he beams at me, kissing my forehead.

"Ah! Luna! You're awake! How lovely this is, we are so glad to see you've recovered!" A sweet Doctor comes in.

"Now I'll just have to take a quick test to make sure everything is in order, and then we can get you off these horrible tubes and give you something to strengthen your wolf a bit." I nod warmly at her and she smiles. She performs a few tests, all the while Roman stays latched onto me, never letting go.

"Alright there you are luna. How about a fresh meal?"

"Actually Ma'am, I think I might take a shower first."

"Very good! I'll send for someone to get you some real clothes. Afterwards come back here so I can give you your medication and some pointers and then you and the Alpha will be free to go!"

I nod and thank her, swinging my legs slowly to the side of the bed before getting scooped up all together.

"Roman! I have legs, I can walk."

"I'm never letting you go again." He says with a smile, although I can tell he has no intention of breaking that promise anytime soon. He helps me undress out of the terrible hospital gown and we both get in the shower together. He keeps a constant arm around my waist as he washes my hair and body." We both get out and he wraps us in a towel and, despite my protests of my capability, he helps me dress into leggings and a hoody. He combs through my hair and I put it in a side braid. After that he insists on brushing my teeth.

"You're all clean now, bella." (beautiful)

I smile up at him, but my expression gets serious.