Chapter 17

"Makada," I stop dead in my tracks when he says my name, it seems to roll off his tongue perfectly, sending shivers down my spine.

I keep walking towards my bedroom, not bothering to look at him.

I twist the knob of my handle and open it wide before trying to slam it shut, but it never did. His foot effectively stops it, standing right in the way.

I sigh and walk towards the bathroom, trying to seem as indifferent as possible.

"Makada, please. I know what I did was wrong, I'm sorry." I completely ignore him and walk into my bathroom, bringing with me a change of clothes and a fluffy towel.

"Makada just give me a chance to explain!" he turns me to face him by my shoulders, but my face remains blank as I stare at his pleading eyes.

"Fuck. You." I pull out of his grip and march to my bathroom, slamming the door shut in his face before locking it.

I step into the steaming hot shower and do everything I need to before stepping out and drying and dressing myself.

I do a once over in the mirror and shrug at my appearance. My baggy joggers and white crop will do for now. I leave my hair out to dry and stroll out of the bathroom.

I start humming to myself but shriek when I look up to see Roman sitting patiently on my bed.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I clutch my chest and take deep breaths.

"I'm sorry," he says. I roll my eyes and start walking towards the door but he runs with werewolf speed and locks it, standing in front of it.

"You will give me a chance to explain."

I cross my hands over my chest.

"Move."

"No."

I sigh dramatically and run over to the window, unlocking it and swinging one leg over before I'm pulled tightly back by two arms wrapped around my waist.

"Let go of me, you jerk!"

"Look I know you're angry, but Makada, I swear I was just doing what I thought was right!"

I huff and still in his arms, allowing him to place me sitting on my bed. I look straight ahead defiantly and cross my arms. He sighs and sits beside me.

"I have a lot of enemies, people that want to weaken me, and one way to do that is getting to you. There was suspicion that there was a mole in the pack, based on leaked strategic plans on a previous attack. I thought that if I acted as though I didn't care for you, you wouldn't be targeted." He says surprisingly quiet.

"Why now?" I say after a few moments of silence.

"My advisors told me they found a camera on the first floor. It was the same morning you called for me. Since then I've had the entire place checked twice over. I'm sorry Makada, I just wanted to protect you." I sigh and take his hand in mine, the familiar sparks and tingles that I've missed in the past 2 ½ weeks seeming like the best thing since sliced bread. He leans into my touch and closes his eyes.

"I was a mess without you, without your touch and your scent, it was like I was going insane." he mumbles.

I nod and rest my head on his shoulder, not too long after he rests his on mine.

"I missed you too," I say after a pause. "I overreacted, I'm sorry. But I wish you had explained this to me; talked to me."

He lifts his head off mine and I lift my head off his shoulder, staring into his green eyes. There's a hint of grey swirling in the abyss called his eyes, and I feel as though I could be hypnotized. His scent is equally mesmerizing, as he gets inches closer it gets stronger.