Chapter 35

The Coronation Ball - 3rd Person POV

Makada and Roman walk into the ballroom and are greeted with the smiling faces of their people.

The enormous room is completely packed, and Makada's heart rate speeds up at the thought of all these people looking up to her.

Romann squeezes her waist reassuringly and so, they start walking around the room greeting each group individually. This was tradition.

After about the 40th group of introductions and, "It's a pleasure to meet you"s, Roman guides her towards a group of two older people, already smiling warmly in their direction.

Makada can feel the power rolling off of them in waves as she approaches them.

"Makada, I'd like you to meet two very special people. Alpha James and Luna Ira - my step-parents."

"It's so nice to finally meet you Honey!" The woman says warmly, embracing her. Although the woman is aged, she is very beautiful, with a light purple and pink floral gown flowing around her short and tiny frame. Her greyish hair is in a loose, low bun with stray hairs here and there to frame her face. Her button nose and warm brown eyes seem to accentuate the kindness in her heart.

	"Makada, It's a pleasure," The old man says, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles

"Makada, It's a pleasure," The old man says, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. Makada blushes at the gesture.

"Alpha, Luna, thank you so much for welcoming me with open arms," She says, but the woman waves her off.

"None of that dear, you are the Luna now. Call me Ira, and call my husband here James." They both nod enthusiastically and Makada chuckles at their kindness. She and Roman talk to Ira and James for a while, even sharing some stories here and there. Makada instantly feels welcomed and comfortable in their presence.

"Dad! Mom!" A voice shouts before a pink gown rushes past Makada and into the embrace of Ira and James. They both hug Caroline back tightly.

"Oh darling, how beautiful you look!"

"Babygirl, you look lovely!" James says, embracing her again.

Caroline smirks at Roman and mumbles under her breath, something about being the favorite. Roman just grumbles and rolls his eyes.

"We must keep talking to people, but we'll circle back to you guys. You're staying at the packhouse for a few days, yeah?" Roman asks James.

Roman leads Makada away with a firm grasp around her waist as they start to talk to more people, smiling and greeting each other.

"Alpha," a sickening voice says behind them. Makada's frame goes stiff as she recognizes that voice.

Clarisse is standing behind them, her red dress barely covering enough of her skin with various slits on her torso and a large slit going up her leg and her waist. Her hair is freshly bleached as it is now a fake blonde and she pairs it with dark red lipstick and extremely heavy, dark eye makeup.

 Her hair is freshly bleached as it is now a fake blonde and she pairs it with dark red lipstick and extremely heavy, dark eye makeup

She juts out her chest in front of Roman, and bites her finger

"Congratulations Alpha," She says, ignoring Makada completely. Makada feels the anger bubble inside of her. The last time this bitch showed up, Roman didn't make a move to wave her off.

"Aren't you going to pay respect to your luna?" Roman snaps darkly, daring her with his eyes to disobey.

Clarisse's jaw drops and she glares at Makada, saying a simple, "congratulations," before turning back to Roman.

"Anyway, I was wondering-"

He silences her with a raise of his hand.

"I have no reason to talk to you Clarrise, please excuse me and my mate, we must carry out our duties as Alpha and Luna." He pulls Makada with him as he walks away from Clarrises shocked form, but Makada hears one thing in her head before.

I will have this fucking throne, bitch. I'll have this throne and your mate.

"Are you alright?" He asks Makada.

She nods stiffly and forces a smile up at him.

"Come on," he whispers softly. "Dance with me?"

She nods softly as he takes her hand and guides her towards the middle of the ballroom.

He places her hand on his shoulder and her other hand in his, gently swaying with her as the music starts. He stares into her Hazel eyes with blue flecks as they twirl around the ballroom amongst other couples, laying his forehead on hers and smiling.

"You really do look beautiful tonight,"

She blushes lightly and leans her head on his chest, feeling warmth from his scent and his heartbeat. He holds her tightly against him, his beasts and himself feeling an overwhelming emotion of protectiveness and adoration for her. The petite woman in his arms is strong, stronger to take down his toughest warriors, yes. But also strong enough to carry on throughout all of the horrors she's seen - she's emotionally strong.

He twirls her around, a smile gracing his lips as a giggle escapes her.

She meets his gaze, her smile and sparkling eyes looking up at him. They both stop, getting lost in each other's eyes and the sparks.

He leans down and brushes his lips against her, until she pushes up against him and kisses him sweetly, their eyes fluttering shut. His hands go to her waist and pull her impossibly closer as she wraps her arms around his neck. They pull away from each other and he leans his forehead on hers. The hall erupts in applause and hoots and hollers, and they look around seeing the people around them. They join in the laughter too, and all of their worries and anxiousness seems to fade into joy radiating off of them.