Chapter 15

(Fane Tarek ^^^^^)

I wander the halls aimlessly and seem to pass the same door for about the 5th time. It turns out that while trying to find my way to Roman's office, I got lost in the pack house.

"I think it was down this hallway," I mutter to myself. "Wait, no, was it on the third or second floor? Well, shit. Was there a fourth floor? Damn it, i can't remember."

Well this was going terribly.

"Well, this has all gone to shit, and I bet I can't even find my way back to the kitche- hold up. What's this?"

I noticed for the first time a wooden door, except unlike the others, this was not made out of a fine, polished oak. No, this door looked to be made out of some kind of red wood, the wood brightening polish chipping slightly and giving way to the natural color underneath. I try the handle, but frown when I see it's locked.

"Well, how perfectly suspicious." I mutter.

I try the handle a few more times before giving up and continuing my search for Roman.

I huff in annoyance.

"Fuck this."

I take a deep breath and shout at the top of my lungs:

"ROMAAAAAN!!!"

The empty house is silent for a minute before I hear a door slam and rushing footsteps coming my way.

"That is literally the best idea I've ever had in my life." I smirk as Roman comes rushing into sight.

He charges towards me and embraces me. At first I think he's just hugging me, but then I notice that he's in a defensive stance, shielding me from any possible threat with his body.

"Uhh, Roman?" I tap his chest lightly which is currently pressed into my face.

"There's no one here, I was trying to find you."

He stares at me for a minute before rolling his eyes and letting go of me, allowing me to breathe normally again.

"Makada, I was busy, do you really have to be so immature?" He snaps.

I step back. I didn't expect him to talk to me like that.

"Well, maybe if you had been there for the past 2 weeks, I would be more mature." I snap back.

He rubs his hand over his face and sighs.

"I don't have time for this, I have work to do." he mumbles while walking away.

Oh no buddy, you do not just walk away from me.

"Roman! What has gotten into you!" I jog up to him and grab his arm. "Why are you acting like this? I thought, I thought..."

"You thought what?!?" He turns to me and stares at me.

Something flashes through his eyes, but he masks it quickly with a neutral face.

"I don't understand, what happened? What did I do?" I hated myself for acting like this, for acting desperate, but I trusted him. I thought we were on the same page.

He laughs at me humorously.

"You give yourself too much credit, Makada. You think you matter that much to me, but you don't. You mean nothing to me."

I take a step back, his words shattering my heart into millions of pieces, and making me feel empty.

I look away from him as I feel the hot tears stream down my face, I will not allow him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.