Epilogue

"Xavier, if you put that crayon in your mouth again you will not be allowed to play with Jaime."

The toddler whines in his seat but I give him a pointed look and he drops the crayon, lowering his head in guilt. My grammy comes hurriedly down the stairs, placing a few presents under the tree and shrugging when I give her a questioning look before running upstairs again. No doubt spoiling Xavier in every way possible. Xavier is the spitting image of Roman, his toddler hair obviously a lot blonder but his grey/greenish eyes the same.

 Xavier is the spitting image of Roman, his toddler hair obviously a lot blonder but his grey/greenish eyes the same

"Good Morning Everybodddddyyyyyyy!!!!" Dimitri comes bounding into the living room.

"Uncwle Dimitwi!!" Xavier claps his hands happily and Dimitri picks him up and spins him around. My little boy is far more spoiled by this man than I wanted from everybody put together.

"Hey little boy! Hi! Who's your favorite aunt? Who's your favorite aunt?"

Aella comes into the room as well and I roll my eyes at her baby talk. He is spoiled by her too.

I am happy to say though that Aella and Dimitri finally started dating last month, when they both figured out they had feelings for each other. Aella had just gotten a boyfriend, and that's when Dimitri figured out he was consumed with jealousy and wanted Aella all to himself. Typical predatory wolf. After that Aella found her feelings for him too, and here we are.

Paola enters the room and shakes a wooden spoon at Dimitri.

"I see you sneaking him candy, you rotten wolf. If I so much as hear him crunching on candy I will whoop your as-"

"Paola! Not in front of Xavier!" Paola takes heed of me but still glares daggers at Dimitri as I take Xavier out of his arms.

"Mama!"

He claps his hands. Xavier can say more words and understand better because of him being a wolf - well we think a wolf. We aren't exactly sure if he inherited Roman's vampire or if he's a hybrid.

"Makada! I love what you've done with the place!"

"Caroline!" I squeal, jumping up half-hazardly from my spot on the couch and hugging her, being wary of the bundle in her arms. Yep! Caroline gave birth to a beautiful baby girl a couple months ago.

"How is little Daisy?"

"A bit of a cryer but we're getting there," She says tiredly. "And how's the very pregnant woman? Do you know the gender?"

And yes, I'm pregnant as well.

"We want to make it a surprise, like we did with Xavier."

"I hate surprises" Another tired voice says and I look at the doorway to see Sebastian.

"Long time no see big bro!"

I hug him tightly, just as a little toddler runs through our legs and over to Xavier. Jaime and Xavier have been joined at the hip since they both were born within half a year of each other. Jaime too looked very similar to Sebastian with his floppy dark hair and tanned skin but he had the softer featuresand green eyes of Caroline.