Chapter 28

Physical Assault Ahead - There are markings to indicate the start and finish of the segment if you want to skip it.

Unkown POV

"Where is he now?"

A cold, deep, raspy voice growls.

"He's in position sir, right in the middle of the Midnight Lunar Pack."

The cold voice laughs darkly, the sound echoing around the space.

"Good, and he has another?"

"He does sir, no-one even suspects he's working with him."

"Perfect, everything is coming into place. All of them, wrapped around my finger."

***

Nolan's POV (I know, I love it too!!)

I watch her as she walks around the grounds, looking over her shoulder and around her to see if anyone's coming. She didn't used to be like that. Something is wrong.

I sigh and run my fingers through Leo's white, silky hair. I never imagined I would be blessed by the Moon Goddess with another mate, but I've never been happier than I am with him.

I hear a few knocks on the door and instinctively wrap an arm around Leo's body, shielding him with my own.

"Nolan, it's me." I hear Jaxon's voice on the other side. I was happy to see him again a few days ago, after all all four of us spent our teenage years together. But now, he's just been clingy or even strange.

I sigh and gently move away from Leo's sleeping frame, trying hard not to wake him.

I open the door and step outside, shutting it softly behind me.

"What is it?"

"Does something seem off with Makada?"

I pause, but shake my head.

"No, I don't think so. Why?"

I look him dead in the eye. Although I'm not as good as Dimitri when it comes to assessing people, I picked up a few obvious signs.

"No reason, just looking out for my Luna."

I nod slowly, staring him down.

"Yeah she's tough. Hey, did she tell you that story about when she fought off a bear? She's told all of her friends, I'm sure she would've told you."

He thinks for a moment then nods.

"Oh yeah, cool stuff. Listen I gotta go, but uh, I'll with you later."

I watch his back as he walks away from my room.

Once he's out of sight I turn back and walk in, surprised though when I see Leo sitting upright on the bed.

"Makada fought off a bear? I never heard that." He mumbles.

"That's because it never happened."

***

Makada's POV

Roman: I'll be back in 5 minutes

Makada: Can't wait to see you

Roman: Baby I saw you a bit more than an hour ago

I hear his deep chuckle through our link, and the sound makes butterflies flutter in my stomach

Makada: Just get here soon

I shut off the mindlink with Roman and walk around his room aimlessly. It was about 7pm and tonight we were gonna have a fun night with everyone - video games, beers, pizza. Just chill with each other and enjoy each other's company. I was actually really excited.