Chapter 22

(This is Makada's Mark ^^^^^^^)

Intense tingles move across my cheek, filling my body with warmth and pleasure. I moan when the pleasure becomes more intense, my neck in particular feeling amazing. My eyes flutter open, and I see Roman looking at me, his eyes have a sparkle of happiness. His one arm is draped around my waist, and his other is grazing against my neck and my cheek.

"Hi." I whisper.

"Hi." He smiles and leans in closer, capturing my lips in a sweet and slow kiss.

He pulls away and looks at my neck, grazing it lightly with his fingers. The same amount of pleasure courses through me and I bite back a moan.

"What...?"

He meets my gaze.

"Your mark beautiful,"

I gasp remembering everything that happened yesterday. When a wolf gets marked, the symbol is in the form of a tattoo, unless you're royalty, then it's only a bite mark.

I shoot up from the bed, struggling only a little from the weight of Roman's arm draped over, and run over to the bathroom.

I look in the mirror and gaze at it. It's beautiful...

It isn't too big, maybe as big as both my thumbs together, but the detail is amazing. It is a wolf head with geometric patterns hidden in the design. At the top was a crescent moon, and at the bottom beautiful gems hanging from necklace-like strings.

 "Roman, I-I" I start to feel really emotional. I can't believe I'm finally marked by my mate.

His arms snake around my from behind me, and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"Do you like it?"

I turn in his hold so we're face to face.

"I love it."

"I love you." He kisses me, lingering until we need to breathe, but pecking my lips over and over afterwards.

I giggle and push him away.

"I have to get ready for the day." I try to get out of his hold, but he tightens his arms around me.

"Why? It's Saturday, pack duties are light." He starts pecking me all over my face with kisses. "Can't we just go back to bed?"

"Roman," I giggle. "At least let me take a shower and get dressed!"

He perks up and smirks devilishly.

"Shower? Of course."

My smiles fades as I realise what he's implying, and I blush furiously.

"N-No, I d-don't mean, like t-together." I stutter.

He laughs.

"I'm joking Mio Amore" (my love)

"I'll see you downstairs, yeah?" He pecks me on the lips again and I giggle.

"Yes,"

He kisses me one more time before leaving the bathroom and shutting the bathroom door behind him.

I take one last look at my tomato-face in the mirror, it's color bright red from talking to him.

Roman Tarek, What are you doing to me?

-----

30 minutes later.

I hop down the stairs, the enticing smell of food enough for me to run as fast as I can. I enter the kitchen and look around.

"Oh, Jaxon, hey do you know where Roman went?"

He turns to look at me, doing that creepy smirk he does.

"He told me to tell you he's on the backpadio." He says walking towards me.

"Okay, well um, thanks." I move to go towards the back door, but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"J-Jaxon, I need to get to Roman."

He seems off, as if something is eating him up from the inside, but he covers it up with the frightening look he gives me.

"I have a job to do," He whispers lowly. "but don't worry, I won't just yet."

I want to scream but I can't, I'm frozen.

"And I suggest you don't speak of this to anyone, if you value your friend Caroline."

He whispers before releasing my wrist. I watch his back as he walks out the door, disappearing once the door slams shut behind him.

"Deep breaths, deep breaths." I mumble to myself, calming my speeding heart. I put on my best smile and control my breathing, walking towards the back patio. I almost forget everything that just happened when I see what's before me.

Roman is sitting on one side of a small, personal round table, its contents a rainbow array of bacon, eggs, strawberries, orange juice, and pancakes.

"Roman, what's this?" I ask, allowing myself to just bask in this moment and not worry about what just happened.

"I thought I'd start out the day right, showing you how much I love you caro" He smiles sheepishly.

I take a seat in one of the chairs and start devouring all the delicious food.

"You made this?" I mumble through a full mouth.

"Anything for you Bambi"

I smile widely and continue eating my breakfast with my mate.