Chapter 27

(Leo Eugene Kregg ^^^)

"Roman are you sure this is a good plan?" I whisper to him. He looks down at me and smiles, wrapping a protecting arm around my waist and pulling me against his side.

"I'm here to protect you if anything goes wrong."

I nod and the three of us keep walking towards where the Rogue is.

Apparently they have a plan where Roman, Me and one warrior walks calmly and peacefully towards the 'threat' as they like to call it and distract them. While the rogue is busy with us, Dimitri and two warriors will sneak up on its left, and Nolan and two other warriors will sneak up on its right.

"Why is this such a big deal?" I mumble.

"We've been expecting an attack from a pack for a couple months now, this could be a messenger or something."

As we get closer I see a figure, a short figure.

"It looks like just a kid," I mumble.

We walk closer and I see the full picture now. A teen boy, maybe a year or two younger than me, stands confused and scared. His white hair is blowing softly in the wind, but his rag clothing is hanging onto his body tightly, like it's a small size. His dark brown eyes glow in the autumn morning.

"Who are you and what are you doing on our territory?" Roman says coldly.

The boy looks shakily at us and takes a step back.

"P-pl-please, d-don't h-hurt m-me. My p-pack w-was just d-dest-troyed."

"What was your prior pack?"

"T-the M-moon d-dust p-p-pack." he whimpers.

Roman nods at the warrior who walks towards the boy, but he stumbles away from him.

"We will bring you back with us and call your pack. They are allies of ours, and we will soon know if you're lying. I'll mindlink Nolan and Dimitri to stand down and meet me here."

I nod, but once Roman's eyes are glazed over, I make my way over to the boy.

"What's your name?" I ask softly.

"L-leo, Leo E-eugene K-kr-kregg."

"Leo Eugene Kregg?"

He nods.

"Well Leo, my name is Makada. You're going to be alright, we won't hurt you." I smile and he smiles back.

"How old are you?"

"S-sevent-teen"

"Oh, me too-"

"Makada, step away. He's a rogue." Roman pulls my arm back, but I snatch it away.

"So am I."

I challenge him with my glare, and he eventually gives up. Mental Victory cheer.

"Ah, Dimitri. Nolan."

Dimitri and Nolan come towards us, but something is wrong with Nolan. His eyes are wide and his mouth is open.

"Nolan? You good?" I ask, but he doesn't respond. Instead he's staring at Leo.

I look at Leo to see him doing the same thing.

One of the warriors goes towards Leo, and tries to grab his arm, but he steps away when a deep growl reverbeats through the area.

"Touch him, and you die." Nolan growls.

The warrior steps away as Nolan walks towards Leo. He stands right in front of him, towering easily a foot above him, and says one word.

"Mine."

---

20 minutes later

"Thank you Alpha Kai."

Roman hangs up the phone.

"The Moon Dust Pack was destroyed, and there was a Leo Eugene Kregg in the records."

I nod.

"I can't believe they're mates." Dimitri whispers.

"It is rare to get a second chance mate, but they do happen." I say.

Dimitri nods.

"I think this will be good for Nolan, personally." Caroline adds. She and Sebastian showed up ten minutes ago after Dimitri mindlinked her. So far I haven't seen them apart.

"I'm still going to interrogate him, make sure there's no links with Fane or anybody." Roman says stiffly. We all nod and they all start leaving, until it's just me and Roman.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly.

"Just a little stressed, I'm fine." He rubs his eyes and I nod. "I don't know what Fane thinks he's doing, just showing up for no reason and sitting in a cell. It doesn't make sense." he sighs loudly.

"I'm here to help you, okay? Please just ask me and I'm here."

He looks up at me and smiles.

"Thanks Kada, I will." His phone rings and I take that as a cue to leave. I walk towards the kitchen where voices are coming from.

"Dimitri, do you know where Caroline and Seb-" I stop dead. Jaxon is leaning on the counter talking casually with Dimitri. They both look over at me, Jaxon staring extra hard into my eyes, giving me a death look and I shiver.

"Uhh yeah I think they went over to the training grounds. Why?"

I look from Dimitri to Jaxon, my palms getting increasingly sweaty.

"Oh um, no reason. Just uh, looking for company I guess." I start stepping towards the door.

"You wanna hang with us? I'm sure Jaxon won't mind."

Jaxon never looks away.

"It would be our pleasure, Luna."

"A-actually, R-roman's mindlinking me, I h-have to go."

I scramble away as fast as I can, running up to Roman's room and slamming the door shot, locking it.