Chapter 36

(A/N: Heyo, so i don't write sex scenes, but this chapter is a little bit steamy so....yup.)

"It was so lovely tonight, an amazing celebration being able to welcome you to this pack. I can't wait to get to know you better tomorrow." Ira embraces me in a tight hug and then loops her arm in James', leading him away from us and to, I assume, their room for the night. There are only a few people left in the ballroom. It's 1am.

"Alpha, it was a lovely ball. Welcome to the pack, Luna. I'm sure you will be wonderful!" Another couple says goodbye to us and I thank them for coming, but Roman just stands stiff at my side, giving a curt nod.

"What's wrong?" I whisper to him as another couple comes up to us to say goodbye.

He doesn't answer and we, (more like I) say so long to a couple more people, the ballroom slowly getting emptier. We had a lovely night, and then about an hour ago when we had to say goodbye to each group individually, (a shit tradition) Roman became quiet - he wouldn't even touch me. A small group of younger wolves, maybe 16 or so, come up to us and bow, thanking us for the night. One young wolf bows for longer than the others and as I put my hand out to shake his, he takes it and kisses the back of my hand lightly, looking into my eyes as he does it.

~flirt much ya desperate teen?~ I mentally chuckle at Hazel's comment and agree, but I'm not about to be rude to this pup. I'm the luna now.

A low, deadly growl cuts through the air and my arm is snatched away from the wolf. I turn to see Roman's eyes black and his canines and claws elongating. He pushes me behind him and lunges at the pup, taking him by his collar and pushing him against a marble pillar, growling and snarling dangerously. He moves his hand to the pup's neck and I watch wide-eyed as the pup's face turns red and then purple, small cuts appearing too because of Roman's claws.

"Roman, stop, you're hurting him!" But Roman doesn't stop squeezing his throat tighter. I run up to him and grip Roman's arm, pulling hard. Roman finally lets go and the pup falls to his knees clutching his throat and coughing for air. He doesn't look at me and instead glares daggers at the pup.

"Roman, look at me." His head snaps so fast to face me I'm sure he got whiplash. His teeth are still barred and his canines and claws still out as his black eyes find mine. I gently move my hand to his cheek and run my thumb across it, grazing against his mark lightly in the process. He takes a shuddering breath and grips my hand, pulling me closer by the waist and shutting his eyes, leaning his forehead against mine. His canines go back and his claws disappear as he takes deep breaths. I don't notice how the few remaining people clear out and how soon it's just Roman and I alone in the big ballroom.

"What's going on?" I say quietly.

"I can't help it, I-I need you, I won't be able to control my beasts much longer. I'm craving you"

My breath hitches as he rubs his thumb across my lips softly. An overwhelming want for him comes over me, and even the slightest touch has me flustered. I want him.

A quick wind rushes past me and I soon notice that Roman used his speed to get to his room. He picks me up by the thighs and closes the door behind us, not wasting anytime he slams me against the wall and his lips smash into mine. I groan in pleasure as he takes my bottom lip between his teeth and sucks on it before entering my mouth. He moves over to my mark giving it some amazing attention and a pleasurable sensation burns through my veins and to my core, making me moan.

He walks us over to the bed and lays me down gently. He straddles my hips and continues to kiss me, pulling my chest against his with one hand as his other travels down my back and to the zipper of my dress. He easily slides it off me and growls when he sees my pale pink lace set underneath.

"Are you trying to kill me?" he grumbles continuing his torture on my neck.

And out the window I see the bright full moon rising over the trees in the forest, right before Roman makes me his again and again.