6 ~ Lessons

Isabelle woke up the following morning with a spring in her step. Today she had all of her favorite lessons, Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, Herbology and The Magical Arts. She walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out her uniform, she smiled as she admired the blue fabric. The uniform for girls was a light blue silk dress that ended at the knee and had long flowy sleeves. Across their shoulders they tied a silk cover with a small bow at the front. They wore a matching blue pointed hat that they tilted slightly to the side. The boys wore a light blue button up classic collared shirt under a light blue blazer with a white trimming on the edges, a dark blue necktie, light blue pants and dark blue and grey shoes. 

"What the hell are you doing up this early, breakfast isn't for another hour!" Clementine groaned as she checked the clock on her nightstand. Belle giggled as she tied the bow around her neck, "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Clementine shook her head and climbed out of bed, walking over to her wardrobe. "I may as well get ready too." When she and Sylvie had gotten ready they decided they'd go to breakfast early. They entered the silent hall, the only people in there were sixth and seventh years who were studying for their OWLs and NEWTs. 

"So what are you going to say to your brother when you get to Hogwarts?" Sylvie asked, eating a strawberry. Isabelle shrug her shoulders and began fiddling with her spoon. "I don't know, I can't exactly walk up to him and be like, Hi I'm your older sister. You don't know about me because I was sent away when Voldemort was threatened by you. Sorry I haven't visited or even sent a postcard, I've been forbidden to talk to you for the past fourteen years." Clementine nodded, trying to think of ways she could talk to him. "Have you told Dumbledore that you're coming?" Isabelle looked down at the table and shook her head, she knows she should, imagine what he'll do when he sees her when they arrive. His eyes would pop out of his head. "I'll tell him soon." 

The boys joined them not long after, Max sat beside Isabelle causing Clementine to smirk at the girl. He leant to whisper in Belle's ear, "Why's Clem looking at us like that?" Isabelle giggled and shook her head sending a warning look to the girl. "I don't know." She lied trying to hide her now blushing cheeks with her red hair. Max nodded slowly turning from Clementine to take a bite out of his toast. "What's first lesson?" Alex asked sipping his coffee, Louis pulled out his class list and scanned through it. "Care of Magical Creatures then Potions, Herbology and Magical Arts." He read stuffing the parchment back into his pocket. Louis turned to Isabelle and grinned, "Are you like particularly good at Care of Magical Creatures, you know because of your ability?" He said awkwardly making the others break out into laughter. "Which one Legilimency or animagus?" Louis rolled his eyes and groaned, "Both." Isabelle giggled and nodded.

"I can understand them and what they want but even without Legilimency, I can make them comfortable around me. I don't know how or anything but it just sort of happens." Their conversation stopped there as the school bell rang and the others showed Isabelle the way to go and made their way into the grounds ready for their lesson. They found themselves standing in the middle of a large field of wildflowers, Isabelle turned to see a tall handsome man. He had jet black hair and bright blue eyes that stood out on his dark features. Overall, he was very muscular and he had a long jagged scar across his left cheek. Clementine turned to the other with a large smile plastered on her face. "Who is that?" She asked, her voice slightly higher than normal. Alex rolled his eyes and pushed the girl gently, Clementine wasn't the only person staring at the man. Almost all the girls in the class were watching him with their mouths hanging wide open. 

"Good morning, my name is Professor Bane and I'm going to be your new Care of Magical Creatures teacher. As some of you may know, your last teacher was bitten by a venomous tentacula. She is okay but has decided to take time off, so I will be stepping in. I know you usually don't have experimental lessons but today I thought it might be beneficial if you actually met the creature your studying. Can anyone guess what it is we'll be studying?" Isabelle's hand shot up and the class turned to look at her in confusion, Clementine giggled and leant to whisper without the class listening. "You can hear it can't you?" She nodded, giggling. The man strode over to her allowing them to get a better look at the man. Now he was closer, Isabelle could see that he didn't just have the long scar across his face, he had various scars scattered up his arms and face. "Yes, what's your name Miss?" He asked looking doubtful about her knowing the answer.