33 ~ Duelling Club

"Ahhh Isabelle, you're here." Severus beamed as the girl strode into the potions classroom, twirling her nimble wand around her fingers. She smiled in response before taking a seat at one of the desks, "Isabelle, this is Draco Malfoy. Draco this is Isabelle Evans." Severus introduced a blonde haired boy standing in the corner of the room, his hair was slicked back with what looked like a lot of gel and his arms crossed over his chest. She waved, earning a roll of his eyes, "Well aren't you just peachy." She spat, pushing her hand forward making the door slam closed. Severus smirked upon seeing the boys shocked reaction, "Draco, Isabelle's learning new duelling spells and I thought as you were so enthusiastic about trying to hit Potter and Granger with hex's today that you'd be happy to help her out." Severus explain grabbing one of the spell books from his desk and handing it to Isabelle. The boy nodded gingerly, clearly much less confident than before. 

"So, you're the one making Harry's life hell?" Isabelle asked through gritted teeth raising her eyebrow. Draco gulped and looked to Snape, unsure of how to respond, slowly he nodded making Isabelle stand up from the desk with her hands balled into fists. Suddenly, she felt the claws of her wolf digging into her hands, she quickly released her fist to see blood starting to drip from small cuts. There was a knock at the door and Alastor Moody opened it, "Is everything alright in here, Severus?" He said, a small smile appearing on his face, Snape groaned and rolling his eyes. 
"Perfectly fine thank you, Moody." The man nodded and shut the door behind him as he wandered away from the classroom. Snape sighed and turned back to the two students, "He's done that almost everyday since he's been here." 

Severus could see the tension building in the room as Isabelle angrily flicked through the pages of the duelling book landing on a page. "I want to try this one." She said handing it to Severus and picking up her wand from the desk pointing it at Draco. The boy suddenly backed away into the wall, a look of fear spread across his face. Isabelle rolled her eyes and lowered her wand, "Calm down, ferret boy. Just block it with the simple defence spell." Draco pulled out his wand holding it up ready, his hand shaking as he did. Isabelle looked over to Severus who had a small grin on his face that he was attempting to hide. "What did you just call me?" He demanded, now standing up straighter and his arm outstretched fully. "Everyone saw Professor Moody embarrass you like that and if i'm honest, you were more likeable as a ferret." Isabelle said shrugging her shoulders, she could hear his mind start whirling with frustration. 

"Incarcerous!" He shouted, launching a beam of light towards the girl, Isabelle blocked it with ease and let out a light chuckle, "Is that is? Confringo." She fired back making the boy step back and try to block the blast coming from the end of her wand. Snape applauded clearly meaning to end it there but the two weren't done, "Expulso!" Draco shouted again, this time Isabelle made the curse rebound and fly towards the boy. Draco flicked his wand making it fly to the side and almost hit Snape, "Incarcerous." The girl sent back only just being blocked by Draco, the boy gritted his teeth and focused on his aim. "Locomotor Mortis." He shot at her, Isabelle flicked it up making the light dim in the air before disappearing. "Levicorpus!" Isabelle shouted, the boy was unable to block her quick fire and floated into the air by his leg, his robes sank down over his face but thankfully he wore his school trousers beneath them. "Isabelle, put him down now!" Snape snapped, the girl jumped at the sudden raise of his voice and dropped the boy down to the floor with a loud thud. Draco stood with a slight smirk on his face, "Nice one, Evans." He congratulated, Isabelle smiled weakly but it quickly disappeared when Severus stormed over to her, "Draco, go back to the common room, now!" The boy hurried out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Don't you ever use that spell again! Do you hear me, Isabelle? No more, go to Minerva and she'll take you to the carriage." He said angrily and sat at his desk, slamming the spell book closed and placing it with the others. Isabelle rushed out of the room and through the corridors. Suddenly, she slammed into someone hard knocking them both down to the grounds. "I'm so sorry." She apologised quickly, picking up the persons books that had flown everywhere. She glanced at the titles and giggled, "Trying to learn some advanced magic?" She said looking up, the smile was wiped from her face immediately. "Yeah, you could say that." They sighed, gathering the last of the books. 
"I'm Harry-"
"Potter." Isabelle finished breathlessly, tears stung her eyes but she refused to let them fall. 

Harry awkwardly nodded and smiled picking up the last of the books, "I'm Isabelle Evans. Good luck in the tournament tomorrow." She smiled handing him the books. He thanked her taking them and trying to balance them on top of one another, Isabelle giggled and shook her head. Gently she waved her wand making the books sit flatly on one another and stop them from wobbling, "I definitely need to learn that one, my friend Hermione would never stop using it." He chuckled, Isabelle smiled and nodded her head, "I must admit, it does come in handy." 
"You're one of the Beauxbaton girls aren't you?" He asked, suddenly very excited. Isabelle nodded and smiled weakly, she wished so deeply she could be at Hogwarts for her remaining years. "Tell Fleur I wished her luck for tomorrow, the last task surely has got to be better than dragons." He chuckled, Isabelle nodded and joined in with his laughter. Her heart ached to tell him, she wanted to pull him into the biggest hug possible and never let him go. She gave in and listened to the bumbling thoughts swarming his head, mostly panic of trying to figure out spells for the next day. 

"I've heard you're rather good at the expelliarmus charm, that'll help as well as stupefy, they're my go to spells." She smiled pointing to the defensive charms book on top of the pile. Harry smiled and opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the red-headed boy rushing up to him, shouting, "Harry!" The two turned to look at him, when he noticed Isabelle his face grew red very fast.
"Oh you're Ron, the guy who asked well shouted at Fleur to go to the ball with you." Isabelle smiled, Harry broke out into laughter and placed a hand on Rons shoulder. The boy smiled weakly, his cheeks almost the same colour as his hair. "I've got to go, but don't forget to plan spells. It won't just be the four champions in the maze." She smiled before making her way down the corridor and ducking round the corner. 

As she heard the boys footsteps disappear, Isabelle sank to the floor. The tears that stung her eyes were now flowing freely down her face, she sat on the floor with her head against the wall and wishing she'd stayed in Beauxbatons. She sobbed into her hands and the tears dripped between her fingers, raining down onto the marble tiles. The corridor, empty from students as the Great Hall filled with people, tucking into the food. Isabelle remained on the floor, her heart shattering as the conversation played in her head. "Isabelle?" Dumbledores soft voice travelled down the corridor, he hurried up to her and sunk down beside her. He placed an arm on the girls shoulder and sighed, "What's the matter?" He whispered, his voice calm and patient. Isabelle looked up at him, her breathing unsteady and her hands shaking. "I spoke to him, Albus. I spoke to Harry. I can't do it, I can't just leave him and pretend I don't exist." She sobbed turning into his chest and sniffling into his robes. Dumbledore sighed and stroking her hair with the palm of his hand. 

"When you spoke to him did he know who you are?" Isabelle shook her head and wiped away her tears.
"He knew I was a Beauxbaton but he didn't know anything but that. Dumbledore I can't do it anymore, just let me be found by Voldemort, I don't care anymore. Let him take me over, just I can't keep lying to everyone. He is doing everything he can to stay strong thinking all of his family are dead." She sobbed, her breathing increasing causing her body to shake violently. 

"He needs to know Dumbledore!" She screamed slamming her fists onto his chest. "You can't keep lying to him!" She shouted, slamming her fist onto the tile flooring. Minerva came sprinting down the corridor, cradling the girl in her arms, "It's okay, Isabelle. It's alright, I've got you." At first the girl fought, trying to get away shaking her head.
"I can't do it anymore, I need him. I don't want to go back, I can't just let him die here without knowing about his family." Minerva sighed and stood the girl up, allowing Isabelle to lean on her, she guided her down the corridor into the transfigurations classroom. "Isabelle, there's nothing we can do for now. As soon as we know that you are both safe for definite, we'll bring you together and Sirius said that he'd adopt you both. For now however, it's slightly more complex. The third task is tomorrow, just enjoy watching it and try not to become too anxious. After that you have a month till you return home, just enjoy the last of your time here." 

Isabelle nodded, catching her breath and sitting at the desk putting her head in her hands. The classroom door swung open revealing a panic stricken Max, a worried looking Clementine, an out of breath Alex and a smirking Dumbledore. "Belle! We were worried about you." Clementine said as she and Max lunged forward and engulfed the girl in a hug, Alex chuckled and jumped on top of them all, squeezing tightly. "I think Isabelle needs an early night before tomorrow, will you three be able to escort her?" Dumbledore asked with a smile on his face. The three Beauxbatons nodded and linked arms with one another, dragging Isabelle out of the room.