48 ~ Fireworks

"Good evening all, after such a tragic event we are here to read the final letter ever written by Isabelle Potter that she personally requested was read out to you all." Albus said calmly as he pulled out the small, crumpled envelope out of his robes. His eyes drifted over the faces that sat before them. Each of them looking distraught and unable to process the knews of Sirius, Isabelle and Max. Minerva Mcgonagall and Severus held hands, although he hated any form of contact in this moment he needed it. It was he who found the girl on the floor, her blood spilling from her mouth and eyes mixing with the dust and dirt on the floor. Beside them sat Tonks and Remus, his arms were wrapped around her as she silently sobbed, although she had only known them for such a small amount of time, each of their deaths had hit her hard. Finally, Clementine and Alex were at together, both of them looked as though they hadn't slept since their deaths a week ago. Clementines eyes were bloodshot and swollen while Alex couldn't stop shaking, they held each other as they cried, neither feeling the need to remain strong for the other and instead both related to the same pain. Dumbledore slowly opened the envelope to reveal the parchment covered in the girls best handwriting. She'd clearly tried to imitate Sirius' which she admired greatly, it was all curly and written in her best quill. Dumbledore took a deep breath before he began reading, clearly their deaths were having a toll on him too.

"Dear everyone whom I have left,
Many of you may hate me right now, and the others will hate me once the grief has gone. But you will all understand that what I did had to be done. I wanted you all to remember that of which was a much happier time. When life was much simpler like when Harry played his first Quidditch match, when I first changed into a wolf, when Sirius first gave us both a ride on his motorcycle while Remus chased after us screaming about us getting hurt, when my parents were here to make us all laugh with their petty arguments. I'm not sure whether what I planned worked or not, but at this point it doesn't matter because I know if it didn't then you will all be able to think of something much greater than I ever could. Many of you say I saved you, Sirius from the dogs, Remus from himself that night I found him in the bathroom, Max from his schoolwork, and of course Harry from anything I possibly could. But you all saved me much more and for that I thank every single one of you. I have always known that my family was great, it always has been, but I never expected it to be just as big and just as great as it is now. I hope in my passing that Remus will learn to accept his werewolf self, they are what make him so humble despite his great wisdom. I hope that Sirius achieves whatever it is Sirius want to do because, let's be honest, no one knows what Sirius wants to do with his life except Sirius himself. Possibly living with Harry, being proven innocent and growing old, living out the life he deserves. Most of all, I hope you all will forgive me for what I've done, it may be stupid and it may be dumb but I couldn't allow the possibility to remain and continue through this without trying my own tactic. At least now I can't be turned mentally by him and now I can lie at peace knowing that I didn't harm any of you. Max, I love you so much, keep living your life and don't let anything stop you. Clementine, you were the best friend I could have ever wished for, i hope you and Alex have a family as you grow old. I want at least one of your kids named after me, the heroic aunt who had a hero complex and was too arrogant for her own good.I want you all to live long, happy lives wherever it takes you and I don't want a single tear stain on this page for I am not worth the tears. Dumbledore, I hope for you that you find peace in your sisters death. We all know that this causes you so much pain, even after all these years. My life may not have been as long as it should have been but you are all the ones who made it special. I love you all so much, and I'm sorry I had to do this.
With all my heart and love,
~Isabelle Potter."

Dumbledore finished reading and tucked it back into his robes, wiping away the tears that fell down his face. Everyone remained silent for a moment, sobbing to themselves as they missed those who they loved so dearly. After a few seconds Dumbledore sniffed back the tears and looked up at the others. "If you would like to follow me outside, we will say our final goodbyes." He said, his voice shaking and unsteady as if he could break down at any moment. The group stood, pulling on their jackets as they wandered into the night sky. The stars just didn't seem to shine as bright as they had done before, the beauty of the night now seemed dull and lacked the sense of mystery it once had. Each of them huddled together, the ice cold night nipping at their faces. 

Remus wrapped his arms around the sobbing Tonks, his face distraught, whilst he remained silent, physically unable to speak or hardly breath. All of them stood for a moment, as if in a respectful silence as they each individually said their goodbyes without the need to say a single thing aloud. Slowly, Remus raised his wand into the air, the tip illuminated a faint blue glow using the lumos charm. Tonks did the same, holding her own wand up in the air, her eyes red and puffy as the wands lit up the night sky. Minerva followed on quickly, raising her wand alike the others. Soon followed by Clementine, Alex, Dumbledore and finally Snape. Though, his face was softer than it typically was. A small tear trickled down  his face as he turned to Dumbledore who swiftly pulled him into a hug, both of them refusing to lower their wands. In the silence of the night, only ther cries and heartaches could be heard until Severus mumbled something into Dumbledore's chest. "It was like finding Lily all over again." He sobbed making everyone's heart shatter instantly. 

A final look up to the sky revealed the faint blue lights of the wands made images appear. First was a wolf, one that wasn't the largest nor the most intimidating but one that appeared strong and powerful. One that embodied the person who everyone sorely missed. The wolf moved elegantly as it wandered upon the night sky, it's fur appearing to gently blow in the wind as it's head raised high and proudly. The second was a large dog, it bounced into view and began circling the wolf excitedly. The image seemed so familiar and so joyus it made all those below smile. Next a doe and a stag wandered over, they knelt on the floor and rested beside the wolf and the dog which had now lowered their heads to rest against their paws as they took their spot for their final resting place. The final animal was a much smaller coyote that rested beside the wolf, they lay together as if looking down on those below. 

Clementine let out a quiet sob as she shot the light from her wand up into the air, "For Isabelle Potter." She called making the light explode into a jet of blue, similar to a firework. Alex did the same, this time shooting a red light up, "For Maximile Barnette." Remus shot his up with a grey light and a faint smile on his face, "For Sirius Black." Tonks sent up two white ones and held Remus' hand, "For Jenn and Adam Bennett." She said, shooting a weak smile over to Clementine who mouthed a thanks back to her. Dumbledore stepped forward to shoot up his light but Severus stopped him and shot up an orange one and a green one, "For Lily Evans and James Potter." He said, Dumbledore nodded his head at the man, which Severus swiftly returned. Minerva stepped forward raising her wand in the air and shooting a yellow light up, "For Cedric Diggory." Dumbledore was the last remaining with an illuminated wand. He raised his in the air and shot it up swallowing hard, "For Ariana Dumbledore. May they all rest in peace and know they meant so much to us. Ariana proved she was a loved sister. Cedric proved he was a champion. Lily and James proved their love was unbreakable. Jenn and Adam proved they would put their life on the line to keep their promises. Sirius proved he would keep his word for protecting Harry no matter what. Max proved he loved her so much more than she ever knew. And Isabelle, she proved so much, but she definitely proved that she was much more than the not so perfect Potter." The final night exploded over the night sky, covering it in a blanket of light which slowly faded giving the last glimpse of the animals that stood in the sky. Slowly, they gradually faded from view as their owners were finally resting in the peace they so desperately deserved.