40 ~ Quartiers Commerciaux Français

Early Saturday morning, the three of them made their way to the french shopping centre. They hadn't really spoken since they had discussed Isabelles plan to hunt for the Order members. Jenn and Adam were still getting to grips with the idea of the girl they'd raised spending the next year or so travelling around the world alone. "Well, let's start with getting you some fresh clothing to take with you while you're gone. Then we'll get you some potions and spell supplies as well as a couple spell books just to tide you over." Jenn began listing as she pulled out a shopping list from the pocket of her robes. "Of course, we need to buy you some parchment, quills and ink because if you're going, you must write to us at least one a week letting us know how you're doing. We'll stock you up with food and-"
"Food? Can we get some breakfast before all of this shopping?" Adam whined as he peered in the window of a small coffee shop that they passed. 

"Is that all you think about?" Jenn said, rolling her eyes and carrying on down the road, earning a groan from Adam. 
"We'll get Isabelles things, then we can get something to eat." Jenn said leading them towards a shop. The outside was a deep, plum purple with two large windows either side with long, elegant robes displayed within them, each of them a different colour. The pushed open the bronze door to hear a small ding from a bell overhead. Immediately, a short, elderly lady waddled out from behind the front desk. She had short grey hair that was slicked back round her head and deep blue eyes that looked the three of them up and down. "Bonjour, je m'appelle Madame Lisbane, comment puis-je vous aider aujord'hui?" She said, her voice being much higher than they had expected and in a thick french accent. Jenn looked to Adam with a blank expression on her face.

"English?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and glancing between the woman and Isabelle. The woman nodded and smiled, "Good morning, my name is Madame Lisbane. How can I help?" Jenn pulled out a second sheet of parchment from her pocket and handed it to the woman, she peered down at it through the golden framed glasses hung around her neck and nodded. "If the girl would like to stand on the platform, I'll grab my tape measure and we'll get her sized up then you can choose from the robes we have out back." Jenn nodded and took a seat on the small stools placed in front of a short, black platform where Isabelle was placed in preparation to be measured. The short woman returned with a white, fabric tape measure and a small step ladder for her to stand on. Her golden glasses were now hooked on the end of her nose with the chain hanging down from them. 

"Okay sweetheart, can you separate your legs and hold out your arms please?" Isabelle nodded and did as she was told, standing shoulder width apart and holding her arms out either side of her. The woman instantly held the measuring tape against her while a floating book and quill floated in from behind the desk and began scribbling down her measurements. Isabelle remained still as the tape measure wound its way around her, taking every possible measurement of her body even if Madam Lisbane wasn't helping it do so. "Okay so we have plenty of robes in your size, I'll go and grab a few and you can pick some out." She said before disappearing only to return momentarily with around fifteen different coloured robes. 

Jenn and Isabelle began searching through the different fabric robes and choosing various ones for her to bring. Adam remained in his seat, nodding occasionally as he zoned out and day dreamed about various foods he wished he was eating. "Adam!" Jenn called from the desk, the man shot up from his seat and rushed over.
"What's the matter?" He asked in a panic, his face growing red and flustered. Jenn giggled and shook her head, pointing to the robes that lay on the counter. "Nothing's wrong, you've got my purse stupid." She laughed, sighing at the mans lack of logic. Adam nodded and handed Jenn her purse, watching as she took out a few galleons and handed them over. "Thank you." They called as they left the shop, beginning to continue their way down the street.

"Is it time for lunch yet?" Adam asked hopefully , Jenn rolled her eyes and shook her head pointing to the large clock tower that stood at the end of the road. The time was a little after ten causing a whine to escape Adams mouth. "Where to next?" Isabelle asked as she glanced through the window of a broomstick supply shop. Jenn grabbed her wand and ticked off the first item before pointing over the road to Paul's Potion Palace. Isabelle giggled at the name which was quickly joined by Adam and received a disapproving groan from Jenn, though they both knew she wanted to laugh as well. "We'll get you some potion supplies so if you do get hurt or anything, then you can heal yourself." Jenn explained as she pushed open the shop door and wandered in. The shop was small and quaint, filled with shelves stocked high with small vials, jars and bags of potion ingredients. Along the right wall was a row of cauldrons, all of different sizes, colours and metals. Behind the front desk stood a tall, skinny man with thinning, black hair and thick glasses that magnified his eyes making him look rather comical.