44 ~ Heroes and Horcruxes

Isabelle wandered into a candle lit room, it was fairly big with a sofa and pair of armchairs placed in front of a fire, it looked sweet and homely. "Moony?" She said quietly as to not wake a woman who was curled up, sleeping on the sofa. She was very pretty with her pale pink hair sprawled across her face. The man squinted his eyes to see in the darkness. Suddenly, he jumped up with a loud thud. Excitement filled his face as he bolted over to Isabelle, engulfing her in a hug. "Izzy!" He shouted swinging her round before carefully placing her down. "What's with all this noise?" The woman asked, her voice raspy from having just woken up. She rubbed her eyes and wandered over, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked down at Isabelle. "Where'd the kid come from?" She chuckled looking up at Sirius who had walked in after Isabelle. "This is Isabelle Potter, the girl with the brains of her mother and the mischief of her father." The girl took a bow causing the three adults to laugh.

"This is Nymphadora Tonks, my fiancée." Remus introduced the pink haired woman. Isabelle smiled and shook the woman's hand as Sirius leaned down to her ear, "Call her Tonks or she might murder you. I was threatened that she would slit my throat in my sleep." He whispered. Isabelle erupted into giggles and high fived Tonk causing Sirius to gasp and cross his arms, "There's no need to be rude." He sulked casting the others to laugh.

"How have you been?" Remus asked as he carried in a tray of tea and chocolate biscuits. Isabelle excitedly grabbed one and stuffed it in her mouth. "Good but I haven't had a good biscuit in weeks." Sirius sat beside her and carefully handed her a leather wrapped book. "What's that?" Tonks asked curiously peering down at it. Isabelle smiled and held it out for her to see the front. "It's a photo album of my parents. I thought you two might like to see it." Isabelle explained as she flicked open the first page. The four budged up together to look at the pages. The first picture was of Lily and James on their wedding day. Lily wore an elegant white dress that flowed down while James wore an smart suit. "So this is James and wife, lily? You look a lot like her." Tonks said, looking up at Isabelle. The girl smiled and flicked the page, the next photo was of James and Sirius. The two had their arms linked while pints of Butterbeer were floating above their heads pouring into their mouths. "And this is a picture of James and his other wife." Remus chuckled as Sirius smirked and raised his hand, "I was the favourite wife though." Isabelle rolled her eyes and continued onto the third picture. This one was one of Isabelle's favourites, mainly because it reminded her of Harry. James was sat on his broomstick, swooping round other players during a quidditch match. "And this is James and his other, other wife." Sirius smirked. They continued going through the photo album until each picture had been looked at around four or five times. Each of them unlocking a new memory or story about them. Isabelle missed her parents dearly but she was so glad that she could have her uncles Sirius and Remus to tell her about them.

"Izzy, as much as I've missed you. What are you doing here?" Remus asked, Isabelle was sat in one of the spare bedrooms. It was much smaller than her bedroom back home but it was homely and warm, with a little rug and rocking chair in the corner. Isabelle sighed and looked up at him, "I think I know how to take down Voldemort." She said slowly, Remus' face changed to one of confusion, worry and panic. "What do you mean?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly.

"I think Voldemort is using Horcruxes in order to become immortal. He's scared of being mortal so he was trying to become immortal. When he was defeated by Harry it rendered him weak and unable to create more which gave him a disadvantage but now that he's back it can cause problems. But I think I can overpower them, I just need to find this spell that should let me end him. That's why I'm here, I'm trying to find this spell but I wanted to see the members of the original Order of the Phoenix but I found out that there aren't many left."

Remus nodded slowly, his face now moving into a frown. He scanned the girls face to see she was being completely serious. "Horcruxes? That's very dark magic, Izzy. What exactly is this spell?" The girl shook her head and stood from the bed as she began pacing round the room. "I can't tell you or else you'll try and stop me from doing it." Remus stood and gently grabbed her shoulders, making her looks at him. "Izzy, tell me what this spell does." The girl looked down at the floor and breathed deeply, "It connects my life to his. That means as long as you can get rid of the horcruxes, he'll die with the simplest of spells as long as I die too. I'm not a horcrux because I have none of his soul in me but I have part of his mind in mine. So I'm the only one that can connect my life to his, if I die then it'll be much easier when it comes to him dying."

Remus stood stunned for a moment, he didn't know what he expected but it certainly wasn't that. His eyes flooded with tears but he refused to let them fall. "Why would you do that? We can find another way to stop him without you dying. I'm sure if we look through some old books about horcruxes we'd find more than enough information about how to kill the maker. We can do this without having to harm you. It's bad enough you have part of his mind and Harry part of his soul. We can't connect you're lives or else it'll start taking over you." Isabelle shook her head and sighed.

"I've looked in pretty much ever book made about horcruxes and there's nothing useful. It'll only start taking over me when I grow weaker. I'll just have to limit my usage of spells and that way I won't grow weaker and he won't be able to take over my body. I think there are six horcruxes left, if I connect our lives soon then he can't make anymore unless I kill people too. Which of course I won't do, that will make it slightly easier to find the six. Dumbledore knows about the horcruxes and how to take them down, I told him to distance himself from Harry so he won't notice when Dumbledore goes looking for them. I don't want Harry brought into this, horcruxes are far too dangerous for him to be getting involved with. He's far too young and been through enough darkness without him having to track down these stupid things too."
Remus pulled the girl into a hug as a single tear ran down his face.

"You truly are the most selfless, kind and smart witch I have ever met. Harry would've been lucky to know you and I hope I can be the one to tell him about how great his sister was and what she did to protect him." Isabelle stepped back and shook her head, tears forming in her own eyes. "No! Harry has been through enough, he doesn't need to hear about a sister that's died at the hands of the man who killed his parents too. There'll be enough deaths with everything that's happening, he doesn't need to worry about another family member." Remus nodded, understanding the girls point of not wanting to hurt her baby brother anymore.

"And please don't tell Sirius yet, I haven't told anyone, not even Jenn and Adam who are the ones who allowed me to come here."
Remus nodded and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Just know that we all love you, Izzy. And I will search for any other way we could do this up until the second that spell finishes and if I find a better way we'll do it that way, okay?" Isabelle smiled weakly and nodded, by this point the two were heavily crying as they hugged one another. Isabelle could hear the sad and worried thoughts running through his mind, she appreciated that he knew she needed to do this and he couldn't stop her if he tried. Despite his own worries and troubles, he didn't want to burden her with them, knowing she had enough of her own.

"I've missed you, Moony." She said, picking up a box of chocolates that she'd bought for him whilst shopping for things to take with her. He gingerly took her and smiled, wiping the fallen tears away and ruffling the girls hair. "I've missed you too, Izzy."