30 ~ Lost and Found

A few weeks passed and very little occurred thankfully. Isabelle and Clementine were sat in transfiguration with Professor Mcgonagall explaining the technique of changing a beetle into a button. The lesson was particularly dull as the beetles had been enchanted as to not move from their spot. Isabelle had managed to do it first time with Clementine quickly after, so the pair simple sat and awaited for the lesson to be over. However, half way through two Slytherin boys entered the classroom with wide smirks. Isabelle watched as Mcgonagall stormed over and began lecturing the boys. "Where have they been?" Clementine asked excitedly, Isabelle sighed and focused on the boys, her heart dropped and she immediately stood. "Clementine, we've got to go now." The girl nodded and began packing away her things. Mcgonagall wandered over to the table, her eyebrow raised, "Am I keeping you from something girls?" Isabelle penetrated the woman's mind and input the urgency of the situation. She nodded and dismissed the two allowing them to bolt from the classroom. 

"So, where are we going?" Clementine asked as they raced towards the hospital wing. Isabelle slowed down slightly allowing her to catch up, "Hermione has been hit by a curse making her have boils raise in her hand and it was Pansy, a fourth year Slytherin that gave it to her. So we're going to teach her a lesson." Clementine let out a low groan as she quickened her pace to keep up with Isabelle. They reached the outside grounds where the fourth year Slytherins and Gryffindor had Care of Magical Creatures. Isabelle spotted Harry, Ron and a bandaged Hermione standing nearby Hagrid, packing away nifflers into their cages while the rest of the class were counting up golden coins. "That's her, the black haired girl." Isabelle whispered, pointing to the girl from behind Hagrid's hut. 

They waited for a few moments until Hagrid dismissed the class, Isabelle gently waved her wand steering the girl away from her friends into the trees. Once everyone had dispersed, Clementine and Isabelle rushed into the trees to see her rendered immovable. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She snapped when seeing the girls. Isabelle let out a humourless chuckle, "Oh sweetheart, I wouldn't take that tone with me." Clementine sent Isabelle a puzzled look, she hadn't seen the girl like this before. There was an anger inside her, but not like her protective side alike she has with Harry but a different type of anger. "I've heard you cursed Hermione to get puss filled boils on her hands, how would you like it?" Isabelle tapped her wand onto the girls hands and instantly, throbbing and painful boils filled her hands. The girl yelped in pain and scowled at the girl, "These aren't the boils I gave Hermione!" She growled through the pain. Isabelle shook her head with a wicked grin on her face, "No, you gave her puss filled boils. I gave you fire boils, you see they're filled with dragon blood. It'll slowly burn until you can't take it anymore and will be forced to remove your own hands." 

The girls eyes widened as she looked down at her hands, unable to move. "Belle, that's a bit far." Clementine muttered from behind her. Isabelle spun on her heels to face the girl, "What if Harry had picked up that letter? He would've gotten the boils and it's a lot harder to defend yourself from Death Eaters if you can't cast spells." She snapped back, Clementine shook her head and sighed. 
"Isabelle, you need to get rid of them." She said softly. Isabelle narrowed her eyes at Clementine before waving her wand over Pansys hands. Isabelle sighed and searched in her pockets before pulling out a pale green vial. "If you hurt Harry, Hermione or even Ron again, Clementine won't be here to help you." She growled, her voice deep and petrifying. The girl gulped loudly but remained silent. Isabelle handed Clementine the vial, "Get her to drink this, it's Thunderbird venom. It has obliviating properties so she won't remember who warned her but she'll remember she was warned." Clementine nodded and forced it down the girls throat despite her attempts to fight her off. 

Once Isabelle removed the spell, the girl darted towards the castle in fear. Clementine turned to face Isabelle, sadness in her eyes, "What was that about?" She said, placing a hand on the girls shoulder. Isabelle sank to the floor, staring at the ground as tears stung her eyes. "The day is nearing, I can feel it. That dream with Harry in the graveyard, I don't think it's a dream anymore. It feels real, I feel like I can't control myself anymore. I feel angry then I sort of black out and can't control myself. It's like someone flicks a switch and I'm no longer in control of my body. I can't take it...the waiting...it's going to come and I'm not ready for it. Neither is Harry, how is he meant to survive Voldemort by himself, I don't know how he's going to walk out of this alive. How do you protect someone who doesn't know you from something you don't know when it's going to happen?" Clementine sighed and took a seat beside the now sobbing girl.

"No matter what Sirius, Dumbledore or my father says, I'm going to fight even if I die in the process." Isabelle stood and changed into her white wolf before disappearing into the trees leaving Clementine  alone in the edge of the forest. She stood and wiped the mud off her robes before wandering out into the clearing. She spotted Max and Alex opening the door of the carriage and climbing in. She hurried after them and hopped inside, "Hey Clem, where's Belle? I thought she was with you." Alex grinned as Clementine sat beside him, she shook her head as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "She tried to torture a Slytherin girl then ran off into the woods as a wolf. She's worried about Harry and can't control her anger."
Max sat forward and looked the girl dead in the eyes, "She ran off into the woods? Do you think she went to Hogsmeade with Sirius?" Clementine shrugged and rubbed her hands over her face.
"Wherever she is, she needed the time to cool down. She'll come back when she's ready."

The summer term came to a beginning and there was no sign of Isabelles return. Dumbledore and the other professors sent search parties, locator spells and anything else they could think of whilst also trying to keep it hidden. No one could know Belle was missing or else it could raise suspicion. Clementine, Alex and Max searched for her whenever possible. They asked around in the forest and even on a trip to Hogsmeade, they asked Sirius who had no idea she was even missing. He too, began searching for her but no one was able to find the girl. They came up with excuses regarding the missing girl, Madame Maxime said she returned home as she was homesick but would eventually return.

"Clementine, we've been looking for weeks. You've check there a thousand times, she'll come back when she's ready." Max sighed as he sat on  the grass outside of the Forbidden Forest. Alex dragged Clementine out and together they sat on the grass, "When she left I thought she'd be gone of a day, two at most. But why could she possibly have gone for any longer." The boys remained silent, unsure of how to respond. Suddenly, Professor Mcgonagall came rushing down the hill from the castle towards the three. Max jumped up and began making his way towards the woman, "She's here." Mcgonagall said, there was both panic and excitement in her voice which worried the boy. The three began racing towards the castle and didn't stop running till they reached the headmasters office. They entered to see Isabelle, her red hair matted, her green eyes had lost their shine and her face was covered by a thick layer of dirt.

Max quickly pulled the girl into a hug and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. Clementine and Alex soon joined the hug and held her for a moment. "Isabelle, would you care to explain where you've been?" Dumbledore said softly and calmly, trying to keep his voice steady. Isabelle took a deep breath and looked over to the teachers, Mcgonagall, Dumbledore, Maxime and Snape were stood along side the wall, their eyes boring into her. "I was at Grimmault Place." She muttered. Everyones eyes widened as they exchanged bewildered looks.
"I couldn't take it, the anger building up inside of me ready to blow. I didn't want to hurt any of you, so I left. But, I wanted to see Harry's third task, just in case he needs my help." The professors remained silent as they listened to Isabelle, hanging onto her every word.

"You will remain here now and after the third task, that is final! I do not want you leaving the castle, you are not permitted to leave these walls without at least one of the professors with you!" Dumbledore shouted, his voice raised and causing shock to the others. He grabbed his wand and flicked it over Isabelles head, the teachers watched in anticipation. Before Isabelle could argue he stormed out of the room and down the many flights of steps, Maxime and Snape hurried after him while Mcgonagall lingered in the room. She sighed and wandered over to where the girl was sat, "It's for your own good, Isabelle. We just want to protect you and Harry but we cannot do that if you are hiding from us." Isabelle crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at the woman.
"And I can't help Harry if I'm trapped in the bloody castle." Mcgonagall took a deep breath and placed a hand on the girls shoulder, "I'll allow you to come to the task with me and if you want to visit Hogsmeade or even just get some fresh air I'll come along with you. Now let's return to the carriage." 

Isabelle silently stood and followed the woman out of the office with her three friends trailing behind her. They reached the carriage and Isabelle instantly ran to her room and placed a barrier around her bed, preventing anyone from coming near her.