34 ~ The Third Task

All of the students had been filed out into the Quidditch Pitch and sat in the stands that surrounded it. The once smooth and flat pitch was now take over by huge hedges that towered over those standing at the bottom. It appeared to go on forever with no way of getting out. Isabelle was sat in the back row, furthest away from the champions and more importantly Harry. Mcgonagall had suggested she watched from one of the towers in the castle so she wouldn't have to deal with the thought of rushing down and telling Harry everything, but she decided that she needed to be there for him. "How are you feeling, now?" Max whispered, grasping her hand in his. Isabelle smiled weakly at the boy, since she'd woken up she's had a burning pain pulsating through her body originating from her arm.  Her head was spinning and she kept blacking out to see an empty graveyard, she felt like she recognised it but couldn't think where from. "I'm fine, Madame Pomfrey gave me a potion on request of Severus to ease my dizziness." Max nodded and pressed a tender kiss on her forehead, Isabelle smiled and nestled into his side as he wrapped his arm around her.

Isabelle spotted Hagrid, Moody, Mcgonagall and Flitwick striding into the stadium approaching Bagman and the champions who were already stood at the edge of the maze. Isabelle gripped Max's hand tighter and searched around, "Where the hell is Clem and Alex?" She asked worriedly, scanning the other stands for them. Max rubbed his thumb over her hand and chuckled lightly, "They'll be here soon, Belle. Just calm down and make sure you don't black out again." The girl nodded and settled in her seat but quickly jumped up again when she saw the two approaching. "There you are!" She shouted bringing Clementine into a hug, the girl giggled and sat down beside her, giving the girl an apologetic look. "Sorry, I needed to use the loo and didn't want to go alone."
Max snorted out in laughter and rolled his eyes, "That's what you're calling it?" He said with a cheeky smirk and his eyebrow raised, Clementine reached over and whacked him over the head, her face growing rather red. "You're disgusting." Isabelle giggled shaking her head and settling back into Max's arms.

"Ladies and gentleman, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand!" Bagman's voice rose over the stands, every student turned their attention to him and an excited silence rose over the pitch. "Tied in first place, on eighty-five points each - Mr Cedric Diggory and Mr Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts school!" A loud rupture of applause rose over the stands, Isabelle and the others shouted and cheered for Harry. Isabelle spotted a series of birds and animals rushing out of the forest on the other side of the pitch. "In second place, on eighty points - Mr Victor Krum of Durmstrang Institute!" The crowd applauded again but there was slightly less enthusiasm than the first place. "And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour of Beauxbaton Academy!" The Beauxbatons rose from their seats cheering but still couldn't match the enthusiasm of the previous champions. Fleur sent a weak smile up at them, her face pale and nervous. "So...on my whistle, Harry and Cedric." Bagman finished raising a shiny silver whistle to his lips. Isabelle sat on the edge of her seat, staring down at her brother, butterflies beating her stomach. 

The loud blast of the whistle went off causing Harry and Cedric to hurry into the maze. The crowd watched as they disappeared from view. A few moments later, the second whistle blew and Krum bounded into the maze, his wand gripped tightly in his hand ready. Fleur paced back and forth with Madame Maxime beside her. Isabelle focused down on the girl, 'You'll be alright, there are professors surround the maze if you need help.' The girl looked up and spotted Isabelle sending her a much more strong smile before mouthing a thanks. Suddenly, the third and final whistle went and Fleur bolted into the maze at a high speed. Faint music filled the crowds as they broke into chatter, it was only a matter of waiting until they knew who the winner of the tournament was. 

Around twenty minutes later, the crowd were already growing bored and cold, wanting to return to the castle for hot drinks and food. Suddenly, Isabelle jumped up causing the others to jump. An earsplitting scream curdled from inside the maze. "Fleur!" Aiméé shouted from the middle of the stand, she turned to see Isabelle, her face panic stricken and her arms grabbing hold of Vivienne who had grown rather pale. Isabelle and the teachers scanned the maze for the red sparks that indicated where she was. "I can't hear her thought...I can hear Harry...Cedric...Krum but I can't understand a word he's thinking. There's no Fleur." Isabelle looked over to Dumbledore who nodded and sent the girl an understanding look. Isabelle sunk back down in her seat, Clementine and Max gripping hold of her hands and Alex rubbing her back, comfortingly. "She probably just got scared and her mind went blank, you said that happens sometimes." Alex pointed out, leaning back in his seat. Isabelle nodded and took a deep breath calming herself.