7 ~ The Last Day

"Time is going so slowlyyyyy." Isabelle groaned, she had now been at Beauxbatons for two months and she was growing restless. Although almost every teacher loved her and thought she was some kind of genius, she was going insane waiting till Friday the 30th. Time was ticking down till they get to leave for Hogwarts, she just had to get through one more day of lessons and then tomorrow they would be leaving. For the last two months, Isabelle had been constantly checking the time, ticking off days and freaking out about their trip to Hogwarts. Despite Clementine trying to convince her, she hadn't made any form of contact with Dumbledore.

Clementine chuckled as she took a bite out of her breakfast pastry, "It's not, you're just checking the time ever thirty seconds." Max nodded and took the pocket watch from out of Isabelle's hand placing it in his blazer pocket. "Hey! I need that." She whined trying to take it back. Max shook his head and grinned, "Nope, you can have it back at dinner tonight." Isabelle rolled her eyes and slouched in her chair. Max and Isabelle had grown very close over the two months, Clementine had made subtle jokes and comments whenever they were together causing Max to become very confused. Clementine and Isabelle had also grown very close and had become best friends with one another. Isabelle had discovered she had a crush on Alex and had been trying to set the two up since.

"What's first lesson?" Isabelle asked as she tried to grab the pocket watch from Max. He grabbed her hand and placed it by her side, with a smirk on his face. "We have Potions, Herbology, Magical Arts and charms. After all of them, then you can have your pocket watch back." Isabelle groaned and rolled her eyes. "At least we have potions, Madame Quinn loves you." Sylvie said passing her a mug of coffee. Isabelle nodded and took a sip from the cup, "I don't get it, all you do is look into the other classrooms, yet she still thinks your amazing." Alex groaned throwing a grape at her, Belle caught it and threw it back at him, "Well, when you can recite the entire process of brewing the strengthening potions then she might love you too. "She giggled sticking her tongue out at the boy. The bell rang and the group separated to their classes, Isabelle grabbed a few pastries and shoved them in her bag as they left.

"Psst, Clem." Isabelle whispered with a mouth full of croissant. The girl rolled her eyes and turned to her, "Can I help you?" She giggled as she saw the girls filled cheeks, she pointed out the balcony to where Max, Alex and Louis were waving like mad men. "Potter?" Madame Quinn called from her desk. "Yes, Madame Quinn?" She replied sweetly, causing Sylvie and Clementine to snicker. "Could you go to Professor Serpens class and bring me Maximile Barnette, Louis Soyer and Alexandré Levett, please?" Isabelle exchanged puzzled looks with the other two before standing and straightening out her uniform. "Of course." She strode out of the room with her red hair swaying out behind her.

The girl knocked on the door and it swung open to reveal a short plump man. He was nothing like the other teachers at Beauxbatons, clearly having no Veela in himself. "Sorry to disturb you, Professor. Madame Quinn has requested to see Maximile, Louis and Alexandré." The plump man nodded and indicated for the three boys to follow her. They reach the corridor out of earshot, "What does she want with us?" Louis asked seeming particularly worried, Isabelle shrugged her shoulders as they climbed the steps. "You should tell her that we're friends, she might go easy on us if she knows." Alex suggested hopefully, Isabelle rolled her eyes and turned around to face them. "She isn't that damn scary, for Merlin sake." She giggled.

"Boys, I hear that you've been causing trouble in Professor Serpens class, is this true?" Madame Quinn demanded as she pulled her black, rectangular glasses down her nose and peered at them. "But Madame, he had told us the wrong ingredient to put in the potion and we simply corrected him." Max said trying to hide the smirk that was quickly growing on his face with his hand. "By adding it anyway and pointing it at poor Oliver." The three boys nodded slowly, unsure of how to respond. The woman stood from her chair and scowled at the boys, "That is completely inappropriate and ludacris. You ought to be expelled or at least stopped from going to the Triwizard Tournament." Isabelle raised her hand despite Clementines and Sylvies attempts to try and stop her. Madame Quinn peered down at her, "Miss, they have Herbology next lessons and we're learning about Puffapods, perhaps instead you should prevent them from going to that lesson instead." The woman nodded and smiled at the girl, she took her glasses off and placed them onto her desk. "Excellent idea, Potter. Boys you will be missing herbology and Puffapods are a very enjoyable lesson." The boys nodded and slumped into the seats behind the girls. "We owe you big time." Alex whispered when Madame Quinn returned to her marking. Isabelle turned to them and grinned, "I know."