25 ~ Yule Ball

"Henry and Alex are waiting for us downstairs are you ready yet?" Clementine called from the bathroom as she wandered into the room to see Isabelle lying on the bed with her head dangling off the edge. "What the hell are you doing?" Clementine chuckled fixing her makeup in the mirror. Isabelle turned slightly to look at the girl and smirked, "I've heard the gravity acting on the dangled hair makes the curls stay in better." Clementine broke out into laughter and wandered over to Isabelle, "Stand up." She giggled, Isabelle did as she was told and watched as Clem waved her wand over the top of Isabelles head instantly making the curls tighter. "We have magic for a reason." She muttered putting her wand away, Isabelle nodded, her cheeks flushing at her lack of common sense. "Come on, the boys are waiting." Isabelle nodded and grabbed her wand tucking it in the bedside table.

"You two look beautiful." Alex called up to the two when they made their way down the carriage steps. Clementine and Isabelle smiled and thanked the boy making their way down. Henry held out his hand to help Isabelle down the final few steps. "You look amazing." He said with a large smile across his face. Isabelle felt her cheeks flush red and allowed her curly hair to cover her face, "Thank you, and you look great yourself." Henry smirked and raised an eyebrow holding his arm out. Isabelle linked his arm and the pair began making their way up to the castle with Clementine and Alex following behind.

They walked through the castle entrance to see the Great Hall decorated with various Christmas trees, ice sculptures were positioned in the middle of the room with fruit punch surround them. A table of cakes and treats lined the left side of the room and tables were placed surrounding a large dance floor. The students were lining the entrance awaiting for the arrival of all four champions and their dates. The first couple to enter was Fleur and Roger Davis, a tall, brunette Hogwarts students wearing dark dress robes. Quickly followed by Victor Krum and Hermione Granger the smart girl that's friends with Harry. The girl was wearing an elegant periwinkle blue dress with ruffles cascading down the skirt. After them, strode in Cedric and Cho Chang, the pretty girl from the Ravenclaw table. Isabelle looked away as to not catch Cedric's gaze as he passed. Finally, entered Harry and Parvati, a beautiful girl who wore a breath taking saree. Isabelle hid herself with help from Henry, Alex and Clementine, ensuring not to be seen by Harry.

The ball opened with the four champions dancing the traditional dance with their partners in front of the three schools. After a while, the teachers slowly began joining in till almost all students were dancing. Henry gently placed his hand on Isabelles waist and twirled her around in time with the music. They began giggling every time on of messed up or missed a beat. Isabelle glanced over to see Clementine and Alex dancing rather poorly due to Alex's lack of rhythm, but still enjoying the dance. From the corner of her eye, she could see Max dancing with the Ravenclaw girl from the other day. She wore a stunning light blue dress that made her dark hair look amazing. Isabelles smiled faulted as she watched the pair laugh and smile as they danced. "What the matter, Belle?" Henry muttered into Isabelles ear as he twirled her around. He followed her gaze and rolled his eyes at the boy, "It's his loss." He said gently placing his finger under her chin to make her look at him. Isabelle looked up to him, her eyes brimming with tears. Henry pressed a kiss to her cheek and grabbed her hand, "Let's go back to the carriage." He said with a smirk, Isabelle shook her head and tried to take back her hand but his grip was too tight. 

"Come on, Belle. We can have a bit of fun and stop you thinking about Max." Isabelle shook her head again and tried to back away, Henry gripped both of her wrists in his hands and tried to pull her towards the exit. "Henry I said no, let go." Isabelle warned trying to break free from his grip, the boy gritted his teeth and grabbed a handful of the girls hair making her yelp in pain. "We're going to leave, nice and quietly. Then, you are going to be a good girl and do what I say or else there's going to be a problem." Tears were now dripping from Isabelles eyes as she breathed heavily trying to stop the pain. "She said let go!" Alex warned gently pulling Clementine behind him. Isabelle could see her wand gripped in her hand, despite their being the rule of no student wands at the ball. Both Clementine and Alex send Henry warning looks, their hands balled into fists. Isabelle silently cried, trying not to bring too much attention to herself. Thankfully, Harry and his friend had left not long ago, so they wouldn't see her. 

"Get the hell off her!" Max's voice rose over the music making them all snap towards him. The Ravenclaw girl was no where to be seen, only Max stood there with anger in his eyes. "Stay out of it, Max. Haven't you done enough?" He spat, Max gritted his teeth and began searching for his wand in his robes. Clementine rolled her eyes and tossed his hers, he caught it pointing it at the boy. Henry let go of Isabelles hair causing her to collapse on the floor. Immediately, Clementine dropped to her side pulling her away from Henry. "You really don't want to do that." He chuckled humourlessly. Max tilted his head to the side and raised his eyebrows, "Don't I? Clem, Alex, get her out of here." The pair nodded and began helping the girl out of the room. Isabelle wiggled and tried to fight her way out of their grip to go and help Max. But the boy had already sent a red spark of light at Henry causing him to fly backwards and hit the floor hard. He got up and hit the wand out of Max's hand, sending a punch directly at his nose. 

"That is enough!" Madame Maxime shouted, storming over to the group. Isabelle had broken free and now rushed to Max, the boy pulled her into is chest engulfing her into a hug. "I got you, Belle. I got you." He whispered into her hair, allowing her to sob into his chest. Madame Maxime had stormed over and scowled down at them all. "Isabelle and Max, go to Dumbledores office immediately." She called angrily before turning to Henry and informing him to go to the carriage. Max slowly began making his way to the headmasters office, with Isabelle still in his arms. They reached the seventh floor and entered Dumbledores office where the headmaster was already waiting for them. "Why is it always you?" Dumbledore chuckled taking a seat at his desk. Isabelle smiled and took a seat, "Now, I understand it wasn't your fault. But bringing a wand to the ball was against the rules and you duelled inside the grounds. I can't exactly let that go unpunished, Henry will be dealt with by Madame Maxime and I have tasked myself with your punishment." Dumbledore explained looking between Max and Isabelle.

The three sat silently for a few moments until Dumbledore sighed deeply, "I'm going to have to stop you from coming to the second task." Isabelle jumped up and crossed her arms staring at the headmaster. "You can't do that!" She cried, "I need to be there! I need to help, Harry! For goodness sakes, he hasn't even figured out the egg yet!" Isabelle exclaimed. Dumbledore shook his head and looked at the girl apologetically. "There is nothing I can do, my hands are tied." Max stood up and shook his head, placing his hands on Dumbledores desk. "Belle needs to go, just stop me. I used the wand, I started the fight. Isabelle did nothing, it was all me." 
"If that is so, I can simply stop one of you going and that means Isabelle would be able to help." Max nodded and looked to Isabelle sending her an encouraging smile. The girl reluctantly nodded and mouthed a thanks to Max. "In that case, Isabelle you are free to go and Max as long as you don't come to the second task, you are more than welcome to enjoy the rest of your evening." 

The two thanked the teacher before disappearing out of the room. The didn't quite feel like returning to the ball so instead they began making their way to the carriage. "Thank you, Max. For everything tonight." The boy shrugged and sent a smirk to Isabelle.
"It was nothing." He muttered. The girl rose her hand gently to Max's nose and muttered a spell under her breath. Instantly, the broken nose returned to its correct position making it much less painful for Max. "Thanks." He grinned opening the door to allow Isabelle in. The pair ignored the sulking Henry who was being shouted at by Madame Maxime in the seating area of the carriage and made their way up the stairs.

"Goodnight, Belle." Max whispered as they reached their rooms. Isabelle smiled and pressed a kiss to Max's cheek, "Goodnight, Max." The boy smirked and slowly leant in closer to Isabelle, until their lips touched. The pair found their kiss interrupted by the whistling of Clementine and Alex who began faking making out next to them. Isabelle felt her face flush red as the pair pulled away. The four separated into their different rooms and flopped on their beds after a very eventful night. "So you and Max are alright now?" Clementine asked through a yawn as she changed into her pajamas. Isabelle nodded and smiled, "Yeah, we're much better now." She sighed happily, climbing into bed. Clementine smirked and sent the girl a playful wink, "Yeah, we saw." She giggled. The pair said their goodnights before drifting off to sleep in the warm beds.