14 ~ Padfoot

"Isabelle, wake the hell up. There are some of the Hogwarts teachers waiting for you outside!" Clementine yelled whilst shaking the girl awake. Isabelle groaned and began getting dressed, "Can they not give me one day to get used to being here?" She ran down the steps of the carriage to see Professor Mcgonagall, Professor Snape and the tall man that had spoken to Madame Maxime the other night waiting in a huddle outside. She closed the carriage door and approached the three professors. "Good morning, Isabelle." Professor Mcgonagall said sweetly, a smile now on her face. "Good morning." She greeted back, Snape smiled down at her but said nothing. It was clear by the smile quivering that he didn't often smile to people."Hello Isabelle, I'm Hagrid." The tall man said with a deep grumbly voice. He had a wild, messy beard and dark brown hair, he was around the side of three normal men and towered over them all. There was a friendliness to him that made Isabelle feel at ease around him. "Nice to meet you." She smiled, shaking his hand.

"Sorry to wake you so early, Isabelle. But we have matters to discuss with you, Dumbledore is away today discussing things about the tournament so he has asked us to speak with you." Mcgonagall explained, her voice quiet and soothing. Isabelle nodded and followed the three teachers into the castle. They wandered down various corridors and staircases till they arrived at a dark and dull part of the castle, it was at the bottom of the school deep in the dungeons. "This is Professor Snape's Potions classroom, there are no lessons today so no one should come down here." The woman further explained as she gestured for Isabelle to take a seat at one of the desks. "We wanted to discuss your contact with the Potter boy." Snape said, his voice was soft and nasally, which matched his hooked nose. Isabelle nodded indicating for him to continue. "Now that P-... Harry is in the tournament, we worry that you might not be able to stop yourself from contacting him and helping him with the tasks." 

Isabelle shook her head and stood up from the desk. "No, I won't, I promise! Please let me stay and watch." She pleaded, desperation in her voice. Hagrid let out a small, hearty chuckle and bent down to her height. "That's what we want you to do, we want you to keep Harry safe. He's only in his fourth year, he hasn't learnt nearly enough spells but we've heard that you're rather skilful at spells and even more so at potions." Isabelle saw Snape straighten up and smile proudly, she furrowed her eyebrows but turned her attention back to Hagrid. "But he can't know about you, we want you to use your Legitimacy to help him. But, only when his or someones else's life is at risk, or else there will be suspicion of cheating." Isabelle sat back down and looked at each of the teachers in turn.

"But, how can I help him? I can't teach him spells without speaking to him or him seeing me and I can't be in the task with him." Mcgonagall nodded and grinned down at Isabelle, she gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Harry has Hermione Granger, a friend of his who is very gifted at spell too. She'll help him learn spells but she can't help him in the tasks, but you can." Isabelle sent the woman a puzzled look, "How? Surely, that would be cheating?" Snape rolled his eyes and placed his hands on the desk looking down at the girl. "You think that no one cheats in these tournaments? I can guarantee Karkaroff has already got a plan figured out to help Krum, Madame Maxime will do all in her power to help Fleur and we need you to help Harry." 

"But how? I can't exactly just pop into his head and tell him what to do? He's going to question who is speaking to him, why they're helping him and if it's Voldemort or not!" Isabelle said annoyed, she crossed her arms and sat back in her seat, watching the professors, hearing their minds fumbling for a response. She got up and walked towards the door, "I want to help Harry and I will, but only when I know I'm not putting him into even more danger." She said before storming out of the room and down the corridor. 

She reached the outside and took a seat beside a large Beech tree and stared out over the murky, dark lake. "Apparently, they call this the Black Lake." A familiar voice rose from behind her. Isabelle turned to see Max smirking down at her as he leant against the trunk of the tree. A small envelope was tucked in his robe, slight pointing out the side. "Who'd you get a letter from?" Isabelle asked curiously as the boy took a seat beside her. "I didn't get one from anyone, but you did. It caused quite the confusion in the carriage when a large brown owl swept in through the window and dropped it on your seat." Isabelle took the letter and looked down at the handwriting, instantly recognising it. "Surely it can't be? I haven't had a letter since he broke free last year." Isabelle muttered as she gently unfolded the paper.