27 ~ Gillyweed

Days passed and Isabelle grew impatient with Cedric. Finally, establishing it was time for Harry to find out she and Clementine went on a hunt around Hogwarts to find him. "What makes you think he won't think you're bat crazy if you just go up to him and say 'Harry, put the egg underwater and you'll be able to hear what it says'? Or were you planning to just tell him exactly what it says? Causing even more suspicion." Isabelle rolled her eyes as she pulled Clementine into a classroom and slamming the door. Quickly checking through the window, she turned back to the girl, "I'm not just going to walk up to him, I'm just going to gently place the thought in his mind and make him do it." Clementine nodded slowly and went to open the door when Cedric burst in.

"Are we having a party in here or?" Clementine scoffed sarcastically and rolling her eyes. Cedric ignored the comment and wandered over to Isabelle, "I told him. I told Harry how to hear what it says." He blurted out quickly, Isabelle furrowed her eyebrows at the boy as she scanned him, "You did. Thank you, Cedric." She said slowly, the boy nodded and smiled widely. He took a seat at the desk and looked between the two girls, "Now we're even, I'm owe him nothing. The last task will be a tell of how well he can do by himself." Isabelle nodded and sent Clementine a relieved smile, she began scouring her mind for possible ways that Harry could breathe. "He's only got a very basic understanding of magic, so a bubble-head charm wouldn't work for him. The scuba-spell is very complicated, it would take him months to learn it. The only possible option would be Gillyweed but that's almost impossible to find here." 

The days turned into weeks and the tournament was mere days aways. Isabelle was running out of time to help her brother, every time they passed in the halls she could hear the panic raising. Hermione and Ron were looking through book after book to find a suitable answer, no matter how many times Isabelle played the magical plants book in front of them, they simply skipped over it. It was now the day before the tournament, Harry and his friends were in the library as always and Isabelle had sent Clementine to help Fleur with the final steps of her spell, despite her constant protests. Isabelle was rushing past the potions classroom when she heard the hushed voices of Moody and Mcgonagall. She froze in her tracks as she peered round the corner, a small house elf wearing a tea towel and a pair of non-matching socks was listening too. Isabelle closed her eyes to try and penetrate the mind of the two professors but as before it was no use, Moodys mind was locked away. 

Slowly, Isabelle approached the house elf. "Hello sir, are you from the kitchens? Or one of the professors?" The house elf turned to Isabelle with a look of shock on it's face. His large mouth stretched into a wide smile a he stuck out his hand with an oven glove on. "Dobby, miss. Friend of Harry Potters, I like you." He said as Isabelle shook his hand, the girl smiled at him and released his hand. "Well, it's lovely to meet you Dobby. You said you're a friend of Harrys?" Isabelles heart skipped a beat as he nodded and stuck his chest out proudly. "Dobby knows Mister Potter very well. Mister Potter says a Dobby is his friend." Isabelles heart swelled, this small house elf was one of the kindest people she'd ever met. "Wait, your name is Dobby?" Isabelle asked suddenly remembering the name. The house elf nodded puzzled and tilted his head to the side. "You're the elf that helped Harry is his second year, or at least tried." The elf nodded once again, this time a blast of red flushed his cheeks. 

Suddenly, their attention was brought back to the two professors. "Minerva, I believe if the champions were able to get ahold of Gillyweed they'd have plenty of time to collect the missing object." Alastor spoke, his voice carrying through the corridor. Dobby's ears perked up as the pair leant closer to the door. "Well, yes but Gillyweed is particularly hard to get ahold of. It took Severus months to find some." Isabelle and Dobby looked to one another with large smiles on their faces. The girl quickly grabbed hold of the elf's arm and dragged him through the castle, "Miss, where are we going?" Dobby asked, his little legs going as fast as they possibly could. Isabelle rolled her eyes and looked around the corridors, thankfully as there were no lessons today no body was in here. She quickly transformed into a wolf and helped the elf climb onto her back. The pair pounced down the corridor as Dobby cheered and screeched, they finally came to Snape's supply closet and Isabelle transformed back. "You're a wolf." Isabelle nodded, but ignored whatever he had to say after that, instead she quickly unlocked the door and pulled the elf inside. "Gillyweed?" She said peering into each of the jars. 

Finally, after about ten minutes she found the jar on the fourth shelf up and handed it to the elf. "You could help Harry, just give him this and tell him what it does." The elf nodded but looked at the girl perplexed. "Why are you helping, Dobby? Who is you?" Isabelle shook her head and snuck back out of the closet, 
"Don't worry about me, just pretend we never met. Give this to Harry immediately." The elf nodded and began running down the corridor in the direction of the library. Isabelle breathed a sigh of relief until Alex came running up to her, "Did you hear the news?" He sad excitedly. Isabelle shook her head and slouched onto the floor. "Fleurs sister got brought here, she's going to be the possession that she must find. Gabrielle is here but Fleur can't know, that means Harrys friend has probably been taken too." Isabelle nodded slowly and yawned, her eyes began forcefully shutting despite her attempts to keep them open. Alex chuckled and picked the girl up in his arms, "Am I really that boring?" He chuckled as he began carrying her down to the carriage.

When he arrived Clementine and Alex were muttering quietly. "There she is!" Clementine called rushing to the two, she worriedly looked over the girl and began checking her temperature. "She's fine, clearly those nightmares are happening more often than we think. She practically passed out the minute I got there, she looks terrible." He carried her up to her room and gently placed her down in the bed. "Clementine, pass me my wand." He muttered peering over the girl, her face was noticeably pale and her eyes had dark circles surrounding them. Clementine returned moments later with Alex's wand as well as her own. Alex grabbed it and waved it over Isabelle's body, "She hasn't slept in months, her magic is the only thing keeping her mildly awake. She needs to sleep or else tomorrow if Harry does need help, it'll take every ounce of power her body has left. I wouldn't be surprised if her magic thinned till there's nothing left.""Couldn't that kill her?" Max said worriedly. Alex breathed heavily but didn't respond to the question. Max took this as a response in itself and stormed out of the room, Clementine rolled her eyes and rushed after him as Alex continued to cast a sleeping spell over Isabelle.

"What are you doing, Max?" Clementine called, Max whipped around his face dripping with worry. "I'm going to pay little, old Dumbledore a visit." Without another world he stormed ahead to the castle and didn't stop or slow down till he reached the headmaster. "Ahhh Max, how are you?" Dumbledore greeted him with a smile across his face, although the smile soon faded once he saw Max's worried expression. "What's wrong?" He said calmly,
"Isabelle's been having nightmares for months and it's been the same nightmare every night. She's not sleeping and the only thing keeping her alive is her magic which will fade if you keep putting the pressure of her brothers life on it." Max snapped back. Dumbledore seemed shock, a reaction that not many see of him. "What happens in this dream?" He asked sitting down at his desk, Max took a deep breath and joined him in taking a seat. "She said something about her father warning her that Voldemort would be able to control her mind if they come in contact. And if she fights in the war that is to come, she'll be in trouble." Dumbledore sighed and placed his head in his hands. Max stood and narrowed his eyes at Dumbledore, "You knew! You knew if Voldemort finds out about her then it'll kill her from the inside out!" Max shouted, Dumbledore nodded slowly. Max opened his mouth to shout again but Dumbledore held up his hand.

"If Voldemort finds out about her not only will he be able to access her mind but he can control her and far more than the imperius curse could do. He could complete change her mind altogether, not only will she do his bidding but she will believe everything he says. Eventually she will be so induced by it, she will become as crazy as Bellatrix herself. She will become so deranged that nothing could help her, the wolf inside her would make her one of Voldemorts greatest allies. She has the power to take down many people with a single spell, she could either be a great power for us, or a dangerous weapon for him." Max felt his heart shatter, he couldn't let Isabelle be manipulated by that vile creature. He would do anything it takes to make sure he could protect her. "What can we do to help?" He said in no more than a whisper.
"You must let her sleep, let her body heal itself. She needs to be at top strength tomorrow as she can help Harry in many ways. We cannot see him, but she will be able to hear him and talk to him. Isabelle will be the only one that can make sure Harry will remain safe at all times." 

Max nodded and turned to leave, he paused in the doorway. "Max," Dumbledore said calmly, the boy spun around to look at him. "I would die before I let anything happen to Isabelle or Harry. But they are both stronger than they know." Max nodded and smiled weakly before leaving the room.