35 ~ The Graveyard

"Isabelle, we cannot allow you anywhere near Harry. We have established Moody or Barty Crouch Jr was the reason Harry's name was pulled out of the Goblet of Fire, he put Harry's name under a fourth school to make sure the Goblet would choose him. The Goblet didn't know that only three schools were competing and that Harry wasn't old enough. Then for each task he hinted Harry on how to complete them, first he gave Harry the idea of a summoning charm in order to get his broomstick, second he staged the conversation that Dobby heard for him to get the Gillyweed and finally, he stunned Fleur and used an unforgivable curse on Krum to make him attack Cedric but Harry protected him and that's how he got brought into it. I trust Minerva will inform you of the finer details at a later date, for now we need to figure out how he managed to access your mind and cause you to deliver his message without him knowing about you or your connection to Harry." Dumbledore said calmly, he sat at his desk with piles of paperwork surrounding him. Messages from the Ministry were constantly being delivered by owls flying in through the window. Dumbledore sighed and slammed the window shut prevent anymore from flying.

Isabelle sat there stunned for a moment, she looked up at Snape and Mcgonagall to see them pale faced and worried. "Wait, he was using Polyjuice potion?" Isabelle said, her face suddenly serious and full of concern. Dumbledore nodded slowly and took a seat at his desk, crossing his arms over the mountain of papers. "That's why I couldn't access anything in his mind, it was always blank for me. I assumed he just learnt how to block it as an Auror, but Polyjuice potion prevents you from being able to read peoples minds." Dumbledore sighed and looked at the floor, Isabelle couldn't tell whether his reaction was anger for her not telling him or relief that she hadn't been able to see the dark things in his mind. 

"Albus?" She said, her voice cracking. The man looked up from his desk, on then did she see the heavy bags under his eyes and his bloodshot eyes. "What happened to Cedric?" She whispered, all three of the teachers froze. She could hear Mcgonagall's breathing hitch. Isabelle decided she wanted to hear what happened from them, not scan through their minds. "Harry protected him from Krum, together they both grabbed the cup at the same time and with it being enchanted to be a portkey they were both whisked away to a graveyard-"
"A graveyard?" Isabelle interrupted him, standing up from the seat. Albus nodded and furrowed his eyebrows, Isabelle quickly ran over to the pensieve and pulled out her wand. She muttered under her breath and a string of memories were plucked from her head, she gently placed her wand on the surface of the silky liquid making them float within the water. Albus wandered over and submerged his head within the water. Isabelle could feel the thoughts being swirled round her head, her mind filled with the memory of her dream.

They appeared to be standing in the middle of the graveyard yet again, Dumbledore was no where to be seen but she could feel his presence without needing to see him. The graveyard was the same as it had been all those times she'd been before, overgrown and uncared for. Many of the graves were covered by ivy and moss, making them appear deserted and unvisited for years. Many of the names written on them were faded and crumbling. Several grave stones had become tilted and sunken into the soggy ground with long grass growing around it. A number of stone steps had also recessed into the ground and partly hidden. A large house could be seen in the distance, presumably belonging to The Riddle family. 

The most attention grabbing grave was in the centre of a long stretch of unused land. Upon closer inspection you would see it to be The Riddle grave which was marked by a large marble headstone that bore the names of Thomas Riddle, Mary Riddle and Tom Riddle Snr. The most striking feature of the grave was the large stone statue of the Angel of Death. The angel bore a raised scythe in its right hand and featured a skull face and skeletal hands. Isabelle paused for a moment, the scene flickered and the graveyard was now filled with a large cauldron in the middle of the unused land. The angel of death now had Harry trapped behind its scythe, rendering him helpless. She watched as Peter Pettigrew came into view from the dark shadows of the graveyard. 

In his hands was a bundle of cloth, which looked alike a baby in his arms. He pointed his wand just past the statue and only then did Isabelle see Cedric's lifeless body laying on the floor. She froze for a moment, none of her previous dreams had been his detailed. They had been much shorter and didn't contain any of the emptiness before hand. Peter wandered up to Harry, saying something of which Isabelle couldn't hear, it was as though she was deaf and could only see their mouths moving. He retrieved a dagger from inside his robes and plunged it into Harrys arm, violently dragging it down. Isabelle felt the familiar burning pain on her arm and screamed in pain. She grabbed her arm to see the same bloody and blistered pattern on her arm from the previous night. She watched as Harry winced and Peter wander over to the cauldron. He dripped the blood inside and placed a bone before slicing his hand off into the cauldron. Isabelle felt felt sick to her stomach and the pain in her arm made her feel dizzy. 

Suddenly, a pale, ghostly looking man rose from the cauldron his face looking serpent-like. Isabelle felt helpless and immovable, she recognised the man from all those years ago. Suddenly, the graveyard filled with hooded, cloaked figures. Isabelle felt her body shake violently, her mind was spinning and dizzy. 

She opened her eyes to see she was back inside Dumbledores office, Snape and Mcgonagall were crouched by her side. Only then did she realise her arm and face was covered in blood once again. She looked down at her arm to see now the cuts had somehow turned into a deep scar in the shape of the dark mark, unlike the dark marks found on death eaters it was engraved into her skin. Minerva looked up to Dumbledore who had just pulled his head out of the liquid, his face pale and panic stricken. "Voldemorts back and he's linking himself to his followers. Isabelle, he's marking you as one of his followers." 

He flicked his wand, similar to Severus making the blood disappear but this time, the scar on her arm remain very clear. "What does that mean?" She asked.
"It means, not only is Severus our secret weapon but now we have you. A personal connection to Voldemort of whom he does not know exists. Isabelle, you are at risk of hurting those around you, so we must inform them of this to ensure they know." The girl nodded and looked at the floor, taking in all the information . "You will return to Beauxbaton along with the other students and I will visit often, send you letters and communicate with you through the two-way mirror. Sirius has given Harry one too so they can communicate. I think it might be best if you go and visit him to tell him all of this, it's better for you to tell him what you experienced rather than try and write it in a letter." Isabelle nodded and pulled her sleeve down to cover the scar. 
"I'll go to him tomorrow. What are you going to tell everyone about Cedric? I don't care if they're children, you can't lie to them. They need to know Voldemorts back."

Dumbledore sighed and nodded, "Well, Sirius is here. Harry explained what happened to him and I last night after it happened but I knew you'd have a different perspective on it. Fudge visited early this morning and to say it got out of hand was an understatement. He refuses to believe Voldemort is back and will deny it until he himself sees it. But we will not let him see this from you, it is far too dangerous for him to know about your relation to Harry. Sirius stayed with Harry overnight in his animagus, along with Mrs Weasley and the boys friends. Sirius will be going on a job for me to alert Remus and the members of the old Order of the Phoenix. I knew you'd like to see him before he leaves as you won't be able to see him for a long while." 

Isabelle stood and shook her head, suddenly all feelings of sickness disappeared instead filled with fear and anger. "No, he can't leave again! He'll get caught, send me. I can find them all and tell them much better of what happened, plus I wouldn't be risking hurting anyone as I'd be travelling and could stay as a wolf when needed." She said rushed, her hands shaking and her eyebrows furrowing. 
"Sirius will lay low with Remus, you know he wouldn't let anything bad happen to him." Isabelle sighed and flailed her arms into the air. She grunted and flopped back into her chair, "Let me go with him then, so that way if we are getting close to being caught, I can lead them off his trail. You know it's too dangerous for him to be alone." Dumbledore shook his head and placed a hand on the girls shoulder. 

"I need you to remain safe and return to Beauxbaton with the rest of the school. You need to stay with your friends, they will help you in the long term." Isabelle rolled her eyes and slammed her hands on the desk. 
"I am not like them! When are you going to understand that? They don't deserve to be brought into this, I can't hurt them, Albus. They all know who I am there, what if they tell someone or if they turn on me? No one is safe if I'm there Albus." Dumbledore pulled his wizard hat from his head and slammed it down on the ground.
"I'm going to see Sirius while he's still here." She said standing and storming out of the room, slamming the door behind her. "That could've gone better." Mcgonagall sighed.