17 ~ Self Control

A few days passed that were uneventful. Lessons continued as normal and Isabelle remained calm without any more sudden transformations. The Hogwarts students were still avoiding Harry and muttering about him whenever he passed. But Cedric had become more than popular amongst both Hogwarts and Beauxbatons, with a constant group of girl from sixth and seventh year following him around constantly, asking him for autographs. Alex, Clementine and Max worked hard trying to keep Isabelle away from Harry and any other person which could trigger her change, which was proving harder than they'd originally thought. The had been doing rather well, until it was time for Defence Against the Dark Arts. 

Only Max was with her as they waited in their seats. A group of Slytherins wandered into the room, chuckling as the flaunted their brand new badges. Isabelle cocked her head up to see a dark hair Slytherin girl standing nearby her desk showing a blonde Hufflepuff her badge. Isabelle looked at the yellow badge to see the bright red lettering of
'SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY
THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION!'

Isabelle rolled her eyes and groaned as she looked down at the table, gripping her quill tightly in her hand. Max placed his hand on her arm to calm her down, but then the Slytherin girl pressed the badge. Instantly, the badge changed to a glowing green with
'POTTER STINKS'
Isabelle stood from her desk and growled deeply, thankfully due to the loud chatters of the class about the badges no one seemed to hear. Max jumped up from his seat and pulled Isabelle round to face him.

"Calm down, Belle." The girl shook her head and turned to the door to see Alastor waddling in. His magic eye scanned the room before landing on Isabelle, he nodded to her and flicked his wand gently. Her claws and fangs that had grown were retreating back to their normal place as the girl sat down in her seat and took a deep breath. "Isabelle, you're dismissed from the lesson, Dumbledore wants to see you. As for the rest of you, if I see any of you wearing those badges, I will not be as kind as I was to Mister Malfoy previously. Take them off, now." The class grumbled as they unpinned the badges from their robes as Isabelle got up to leave. 

She wandered through the castle for a few moments before heading up to Dumbledore. The longer she could stay away from the others, the better. She wandered into the grounds to see a group of Hufflepuffs, Isabelle rolled her eyes when seeing them all wearing the badges. For a split second, she thought she'd be able to remain calm. That was until the group dispersed to their lessons leaving a tall boy sitting on a bench. Cedric Diggory. Even Isabelle had to admit, the boy was very handsome with his dark hair and grey eyes. She was surprised to see him alone as he hadn't been without a group of girls since his name was drawn. But thats when she could no longer control herself. 

Isabelle stormed over to the boy with gritted teeth and her hands balled into fists. Cedric looked up at her with a smile on his face, "What is it you want me to sign?" He asked cockily as he pulled out his quill. Isabelle rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Nothing from you. What I want, is for you to take those rancid badges off and leave poor Potter alone!" Isabelle demanded. Cedric let out a deep chuckle as he stood up, now towering over Isabelle, but she clearly didn't feel threatened. Her hands still balled into fists were now bleeding lightly as her nails dug into her palms. Carefully, she steadied her breathing and tried to remain calm. "And why would I do that?" He said as he raised an eyebrow at the girl. Isabelle looked up at him, her emerald eyes boring into his stormy grey ones, "Because otherwise I'll punch your nose, so far into your skull-" 

"Isabelle!" The two turned to see Clementine rushing to the girls side. She looked at the girl in confusion when she couldn't see the fangs or claws. "So your names Isabelle?" Cedric chuckled arrogantly. Isabelle snapped back to the boy and grit her teeth, "I'm going to shove his head so far up his-" 
"Isabelle!" Clementine warned again as she grabbed the girls wand from her hand. "I don't need a wand, I just need my fists!" Isabelle shouted as she launched herself towards the boy, but before she could get to him Clementine pulled her back. Cedric stood and watched in amazement as Isabelle broke free of Clementines grasp and walk back up to him, "If I see you wearing a badge like that again, Clem won't be able to stop me." She growled before making the badge burn to ashes and storming away from the boy. Clementine rolled her eyes and chased after Isabelle leaving Cedric to watch them walk away.