16 ~ The Wolf

The following morning, Isabelle skipped breakfast and headed up to Dumbledores office. She gingerly approached the statue and said the password. The staircase was revealed allowing Isabelle to ascend into the office. "Good morning, Isabelle. This is earlier than my previous visits from you, what can I help with?" Dumbledore called from where he was sat at his desk. Isabelle nervously fumbled with her hands as she walked closer into the room. "I-I don't know how to describe it, but..."

"She's growing claw and fangs at random times and she can't control it." Isabelle whirled round to see Clementine standing in the doorway of the office, a small smirk across her face. She wandered over to where Isabelle was standing and slung an arm over her shoulder. "So how are we going to stop the Big Bad Wolf from coming out?" Dumbledore let out a heart chuckle as he stood from his seat and wandered over to the pair. "Well, miss?" 
"Clementine Guerrant."
"Well Clementine, you are partially correct. Of course, excluding the Big Bad part. Isabelle, you're aware of your wolf animagus, right?" Isabelle nodded, confusion covering her face. Clementine took a seat on a stool nearby and watched the two. 

"The ability of an animagus isn't inheritable. Meaning there was no way for your father to have passed down this ability to you from birth." Isabelle opened her mouth to speak but immediately closed it when she realised she didn't know what to say. "Well then Fur-face, why is she slowly turning into one?" Clementine called where she had now rested her feet atop of Dumbledore desk. Isabelle and Dumbledore let out a small giggle at the nickname she'd given him. "The night your parents died, you didn't just get the power of Legitimacy. Your father passed on his animagus ability to you, but because you didn't learn the skill it altered slightly. Instead of being able to change at will, your animagus form became part of you. Where you lost the animagus power, you gained a different never before seen magic. You're part wolf and the stronger you grow, the stronger the wolf becomes. Now that you're at the strongest you've been, you have to learn to control the wolf."

Dumbledore looked down at the girl worried. A silence filled the room while they awaited for Isabelle's response. Clementine had jumped out of her seat and was now standing beside Dumbledore watching the girl. "Isabelle?" Dumbledore said softly, but Isabelle remained unresponsive staring to the corner of the room. "Isabelle?" He repeated slightly louder. Clementine gently laid her hand on the girls shoulder. "So, I have my fathers power. But, instead of being an animagus, I'm a weird wolf-witch hybrid that can't control her powers. And is a danger to all those around her until I can control them?" Isabelle said as she looked to Dumbledore. Clementine rolled her eyes and sighed, "You're not a danger."

"I'm afraid she is a rather large threat to those around her." Dumbledore said, cutting in making Clementine groan and flop back onto her seat. "So not only do we have a huge, dangerous tournament that my brother could die in. But I can also make things worse by changing into a wolf and harming everyone. Well, we are a perfect Potter family, aren't we?" Isabelle groaned sitting next to Clementine. Dumbledore took a seat at his desk and looked at the two girls. "Isabelle, how far did you transform and what was the reason?" 

"I was in Defence Against the Dark Arts and we were talking about Horcruxes. I began thinking about how Voldemorts clearly using them but no ones taking notice and the next thing I knew, Max was shaking me telling me I'm growling and that I've grown fangs and claws." Dumbledore nodded and pulled out a piece of parchment to begin making notes. "Did your hair start becoming fur, either in texture or colour?" Isabelle shook her head and Dumbledore made a note. "Did your eyes glow at all?" Isabelle rolled her eyes and sat up straighter in the seat. "I don't know, Albus! I didn't even know it was happening! All I know is that one of your desks now has claw scratches and I want to know how to stop it!" Isabelle growled, her annoyance level rising.

Dumbledore smirked and raised an eyebrow at Clementine, who grinned back, clearly understanding his plan. "Were your claws how they usually are when you transform or where they different?" Clementine asked leaning closer to Isabelle to apply pressure. The girl began to growl and could feel her nails growing, "I don't know!" She shouted, as she did Clementine and Dumbledore could see fangs growing in her mouth. "And there is our wolf." Dumbledore grinned. Isabelle rushed to one of Dumbledores cabinets in his office to look at her reflection.