11 ~ Dumbledore

The following morning, the carriage was filled with excitement as students jumped out of their beds and ran down to the base level. Once everyone was awake Maxime Maxime allowed them all to submit their names. The group elegantly walked up to the castle, each of the seventh years feeling butterflies in their stomachs. As they approached the Entrance Hall the goblet came into view. It stood tall in the middle of the hall with a glowing white line surrounding it, Isabelle assumed this to be the Age Line. A large group of Hogwarts students surrounding it, looking up at it in amazement. The students began to separate allowing the Beauxbatons to access it. Madame Maxime made them form a line and individually the seventh years dropped their name in the Goblet of Fire, easily passing through the age line. Instantly, red sparks spat out as it accepted the names and allowed the next name. 

Once they had all dropped their names inside, they turned on their heels and began making their way back out to the grounds, towards the carriage. "Are we going to spend all day in that carriage? I want to explore the grounds." Clementine groaned as she watched various students from the other schools roam around the grounds. As they climbed into the carriage Isabelle spotted a large half-giant man through a window in the hut, the carriage was parked nearby. Once they were all in the carriage Madame Maxime gestured for them all to take a seat. They did as they were told and looked up to the tall woman as she straightened her robes. 

"You have till four o'clock to take a look around the grounds but then I want you back here, on the dot. You mustn't go near the forest, it is out of bounds to all. Have fun, but please respect the school you are in and ensure your uniform is immaculate." The students jumped up and filed out of the carriage walking to various places in their groups. Isabelle looked around the grounds, inside the wooden hut she saw the top of a redheaded boys head. She immediately recognised it to be Harrys friend, she grabbed Max's arm and briskly walked in the other direction. Clementine furrowed her eyebrows and looked over to the hut, suddenly seeing Harry she too grabbed Alex's arm and followed after her. 

"Lily?" A dark grumbly voice rose from behind the four as the took a reached a large tree next to the large murky lake that the Durmstrang ship was docked in. They spun around to see a thin man with sallow skin, a large, hooked nose, and yellow, uneven teeth. He has shoulder-length, greasy black hair which frames his face, and cold, black eyes. He wore black, flowing robes which made him look rather mysterious and stand out against their blue uniforms. Isabelle recognised the man to be one of the Hogwarts professors that sat at the head table during the feast the previous night. His eyes were fixed on Isabelle and only widened when she turned around. "Can we help you?" Alex asked looking at the odd man with a puzzled look. The man shook himself out of his trance like state, not breaking his stare at Isabelle. "It cannot be, Lily?" He muttered to himself. 

Isabelle grew uncomfortable in his heavy gaze and looked to the others for help. "Sir? Is there a problem?" Clementine asked, her voice slightly raised as though the man was partly deaf. He shook his head and whipped around stomping up to the castle, his dark robes flowing behind him. "Well, he was bloody weird." Alex chuckled, watching after him. The others nodded before continuing with their exploration. 

"Can we look inside the castle first?" Isabelle suggested as they came to the large entrance doors. They wandered in past the flaming Goblet of which various Hogwarts students were still placing their names in and receiving cheers from the others. "Miss Potter, a word please?" A calm and gentle voice came from behind them, Isabelle rolled her eyes. Can she go five minutes without some random person talking to her? She thought to herself but didn't dare say it. The group became speechless as they saw who it was that spoke. The silvery haired headmaster was beaming at them, his piercing blue eyes stuck on Isabelle. "Dumbledore?" She muttered staring back at the man. He chuckled and nodded, she'd obviously seen him last night upon arrival but she'd never seen him up close. The man who had failed to protect her family, the man who had told her all about her history, the only person who had even been completely truthful was now standing in front of her.