The Beach

Scarlet's pov 

Mom tells me and Jordan that the beach happens to be several minutes away from our house and Jordan looks distraught when she's told to come with me. 

"But mum." She wines. "My new friends invited me to hang out with them this afternoon." 

Mom looks up from her chair, "Okay. You can go off to do that. Wouldn't want you to miss out on anything with your friends." She smiles at Jordan, but Jordan has already flounced away. "Did you make any friends at school today darling?" 

I smile at her lightly. "No, you know how it is. I did make an enemy with the the head cheerleader." I had figured out she was that when Willow proceeded to tell me everything about Seaside High. "I think Jordan told her that I am a rule breaker and you know how those girls are. 'I rule the school and you better follow my direction'." I mimic old words that were said at my old school in a false high voice. 

She shakes her head. "Just so you know, the Gray's are coming over this weekend for dinner." Her small smile turns into a grin when she pulls out several sheets of paper from her back pocket. "There was an excellent offer this morning and I went to take a look and saw that they had slips for boxing." 

I snatch the papers out of her hand, reading them I feel a grin sliding over my face. "I can't believe you did that mom. You signed me up and everything!" I pull her into a hug and that thing about her not being able to startle easy, well I definitely surprise her now. I pull back and she has a bright smile on her pretty face. "Thank you so much." 

She brushes a soft hand across my cheek. "It was no problem. I had a feeling you'd miss it from London. Maybe you'll show everybody there what they've been missing." 

I laugh, "I doubt it. I bet they have great players on the team." If they were anything like the school, they were a lost cause.  

I start when there is a knock on the door. Mom's smile turns a little mysterious and I groan. She just set something up, she always had that look on her face when she was up to something. I toss the papers on the table and go to open the door. The door swings open and I frown into Jared's handsome face. "What are you doing here?" 

Jared's gray eyes flicker over me and to mom and I knew what she did. She had called him over. "We're going to the beach." 

I start closing the door when Jared stuck his foot in the way and slips inside. Mom looks as guilty as sin and I glare at her as Jared makes himself comfortable at the table. He is in shorts and a button up shirt. 

"Mom..." I trail off threateningly and mom smiles and grabs my wrist. 

"We'll be back Jared!" Mom hollers over her shoulder as drags me up the stairs. 

"What is he doing here?" I demand when we got up to my room. 

"You don't have friends, so start making them. I'm just trying to speed up the process." She sounds genuine and I feel bad for being such a pain with her. 

I groan again and hit my head against the wall, "Fine. I'll go with him." 

Her face brightens. "Good, let's get you a different set of clothes." She tosses me an oversize shirt and a pair of black workout leggings and flip flops. 

I sigh as I dress swiftly. She tugs my hair out and I squeak and say, "Absolutely not. I'm letting you push me around enough, but my hair stays up." 

She pouts and I shake my head as I snatch my leather strip and tie my hair back messily. "You look beautiful." 

I snort. "You complimenting me isn't making me forgive you for the neighbor being here to take me to the beach." I was about to grab a book but froze and back away. No way am I letting the people at school see that I love reading. Love Greek Mythology no less. I like romance books but Greek Mythology I like best.