The Party

Jared's pov

The school week came and went until I am hopping on the back of Scarlet's bike with my arms wrapped around her waist. 

She's going faster than she needs to on the bike and its about twenty miles over the speed limit. We got to Willow's house in record time and I sit behind Scarlet with my arms around her waist for a minute longer before sliding off the bike. 

She takes my helmet and I watch as her dark red hair cascades over her shoulders. We go into Willow's house and she tosses the helmets on the couch. She looks incredibly hot in her leather jacket and biker gloves. 

Her green eyes are bright, excited, and alert as she scans the room and heads towards the basement door. I'm glad that is doesn't seem Penny is around because she's always watching me when she's in the room.

The basement has a wooden floor and the heels from Scarlet's shoes went click, click, click. Willow is laughing with Kylar on a nice couch when we get downstairs. 

Scarlet knocks on the wall and Kylar jerks away and Willow grins at her.

"How're you doing Scar?" 

She tucks her hands in her pockets. "Pretty good. Very excited about the party." 

I hear a shout from somewhere in the house and Drake and James come crashing through like a pack of wild dogs. "Finally! Girl of the hour arrives!"

I have no idea what or why they are acting like this and frown. Scarlet wacks them on the arm and says "shhh" quietly, they shut up and look at me sheepishly.

"Sorry Scar, it slipped out." Drake and James say.

"That's what they all say," Scarlet mutters under her breath.

Willow snorts. "That's great Scar. Go up to the attic and see if the room is to your liking. Jared knows where it's at so he can show you." Her eyes are gleaming in a way that makes me wonder what this was all about.

Scarlet grins at her and looks at me expectantly. I roll my eyes and Scarlet surprises me by sliding her hand into mine. She was surprising me a lot lately. Her opening up to me, helping with a party, jumping through my window, and holding my hand. 

Willow is watching us with a small smile on her face and Drake, James, and Kylar look smug. The twins are looking at the ground but their smug smiles are still there. "See you in the morning Scar." She waves at us with her free hand.

When we're out of the basement I turn to her. "What was that about?" 

She gives me a cocky smirk. "You'll find out later."

"But what if I want to know what you're planning? I could force you to tell me." 

Her smirk widens, "I'd like to see you try. You should show me the room we're staying in, unless you changed your mind about that?" 

I scoff. "You can't scare me away. It's still a done deal." I lean close and ignore the frantic beating of my heart. I tuck a strand of dark hair behind her ear and brush my lips across her cheek. "Unless you're backing out of it." 

She is as still as a statue. "I wouldn't back out because a guy is trying and failing to make me uncomfortable." She turns her head so her lips are inches away from mine. "I'd say you're nervous pretty boy." 

Scarlet isn't wrong about that. My heart is racing and I feel hot standing this close to her, almost like I'm standing to close to the sun. The urge to bury my hands in her thick curly hair is there and it's a nagging urge that I push down and move away from her.