The Awkward Stay Over Part 2

Jared's pov

Scarlet's red hair is startling against the blue blanket on my bed and I can't help staring at her lazy posture.

I don't know what's so interesting about her but watching even her smallest movements is almost captivating. 

Also, irritating her was fun. The strap of her ratty black bag stuck out from under the bed and I am honestly surprised that she hasn't found it yet. 

I stand up and sit on the bed next to her, loving the way she moves her arms to glare at me. "I want my bag." 

I shrug and lay down next to her. "You have to find it first." 

"Asshole," she mutters. She stops moving and then she hits me in the arm. "Where is my bag?" 

I grin at her cockily. "How about a kiss? I bet you want that more." 

Her cheeks flush and her green eyes darken. "No. I want my bag." 

I tug on a curling strand of her hair. "No." 

She sits up. "What did you say to me?" 

I smile brightly at her. "I said no." 

She arches a dark red brow. "I'll get you to tell me." 

Scarlet's face is full of annoyance and I can't help but mock her. "Ooh, should I be scared? What are you gonna do, scare me?"

Her face darkens and she shoves me off the bed. I hit the floor painfully and I must've made a sound because she snorts and starts laughing. I could listen to her laugh all day. It is almost a soft untamed sound that sends shivers down my spine. 

I sit up painfully and look on the bed to see Scarlet laying back down. I stay where I'm at, then I grab her leg and yank her down. She yells in surprise and falls on me. Scarlet's eyes are full of surprise and she hits me in the shoulder. 

"You're heavy." I joke. 

She holds her hand over her heart. "It's all muscle bad boy." She flex's her arm and I am a little impressed. "Jealous?" 

I scoff and snort. "Hardly, your jealous you don't have a face that looks this good." 

Her whole body shifts as she moves and I suddenly realize she's sitting on me, or rather, sitting in my lap. I don't think she even notices it yet because she looks to serious and thoughtful. Then she smiles widely. "Your just jealous that your body doesn't look as great as mine." She snipes with a cocky smile on her face that somehow makes her look dangerous.

I can't answer with her looking at me like that and she seems to realize the predicament we're in and flushes several different times, her cheeks darkening more each time. 

She rolls off me and stands. "I, um, need to take a shower. Did my mom happen to bring my stuff around?" 

I nod, "Yeah. She packed it in your bag." 

Scarlet's face is still red. "Okay, can I have it please?" 

I pull it out and hand it to her silently. I grab an unused towel and hand it to her. "I promise, I haven't used it." 

She nods and disappears from the room with her bag. I sit on the floor for a minute after she leaves and stare at the ceiling. I look over when I hear a knock on my door frame. Jordan stands in my doorway, looking awkward. "Sorry, I though Scar was in here."

I clear my throat. "She was, said she needed to take a shower." 

Jordan nods. "Okay." 

She turns to leave but I say, "Can I ask you something?"