The Party Part 2

Scarlet's pov

Dressing up and singing, so embarrassing myself, was worth the look on Jared's face as he looks at me. 

I am constantly feeling like covering up, never in my life, had I worn a tight tank top like this or a lacy bra. The skirt is bugging me the most, I'm not used to my legs being on display like this.

My feet are starting to hurt from the shoes and I'm leaning my head against Jared's shoulder. His hands are on my waist and we're swaying to the music.

Most of the high schoolers around us are dancing slowly to the music with red Solo cups in hand, some are just stumbling around, clearly drunk. 

The music is slow and when the song trails off, a harsher beat picks up. I stop and watch them with amusement as they cheer and start dancing. Dancing where their limbs are flailing and spinning around. 

I snort and rest my chin on Jared's shoulder. "That's hilarious. They can't really think dancing like that is flattering."

Jared keeps his hands on my waist but pulls away. "And you could dance better?" 

I raise my eyebrow and drag my hand lightly down the front of his shirt. "Of course. When Judy was my friend she taught me how to dance. It wasn't something I wanted, but she insisted. Should I show you?" 

Jared looks interested but shakes his head. "No need, I believe you." 

I grin and don't miss the way his eyes slide down my face and lock on my lips before meeting my eyes again. "I think I should." 

His gray eyes are light as he grabs my hands and twirls me around. I drop to the ground and he pulls me back up and locks me against him. "You shouldn't."

I lean back in his arm, "Why's that?" 

He holds me and lowers me until my hair brushes the floor and pulls me back up. "Because I can't stand watching you dance like that."

I wrap my arms around his neck and smile at him. "What's wrong with me dancing like that?" 

He digs his fingers into my waist. "It's just not like you." He mutters. 

I press my body harder against his and he tenses. "Maybe, maybe not. But you can stand the others dancing like that."

I move my hips teasingly against his and his hands slide down to my hips and he stops me. "Stop that." 

I tilt my head and brush my knee against his thigh. "Stop what?"

His face tightens  and he pushes me through the crowd and backs me up against the wall. My heart starts slamming against my rib cage and I look up at him and grin. His eyes are darker and his cheeks are flushed. 

"You know what I'm talking about Scarlet." I have heard him say my name before but its different now, rougher. 

"I like it when you say my name." I lean in closer. "It rolls off your tongue so smoothly." I know I'm teasing him and it seems to make him more agitated. I look up at him, lick my lip, and bite it. I really want him to kiss me.

His fingers dig into my hips painfully. "Shut up." 

"Make me." I say hotly.

He just stares at me with unreadable gray eyes but doesn't let me go. I'm still stuck between him and the wall. "I doubt I could make you." 

I slide my hands down the front of his shirt and stop when I feel his heart beating harshly against my palm. "Your heart is racing." 

Jared's fingers leave my hips and he rests his hand on the side of my throat. "So is yours."