The Awkward Stay Over

Scarlet's pov

School was pressing over the next three weeks. I usually hung out with Willow, Jared, the Twins, and Kylar, in the hall and in class. I still hadn't worked up the courage to sit with them at lunch so I sneak off to the library during that time.

I am in math class, Mrs. Wade's senior math class. Jared also happens to be in this class and he also chooses to sit by me and tries to make me laugh, which sadly happens more often now and I have to cover my mouth so a snort doesn't slip loose.

Right now, he is drawing rude pictures on his paper and I know any second he would finish and he would slip them into my binder. Mrs. Wade has yet to catch him but she was close the other day.

As soon as Mrs. Wade turns around and explains what we'll be learning today, Jared drops the folded piece of paper on my desk and I suppress a groan and slide the paper in my pocket. Jared winks at me and ducks his dark head as Mrs. Wade turns around and narrows her eyes.

She looks right at me and asks icily, "What is it I just said a minute ago?"

Jared looks at me through his lashes and I bite the inside of my cheek. "I mean no offense Mrs. Wade, but shouldn't you know what you said a minute ago?"

Jared snort-coughs and several people around us snicker. The other sit in stunned silence. Mrs. Wade's mouth flattens. "With all due respect, Miss Green, you should be paying attention instead of flirting with Mr. Gray. You should be showing me respect as well."

I lean on my desk and try to ignore the kissy faces Jared was making at me, which is very hard. "With all due respect," I mock. "I happen to not flirt. My studies are far to important for boys." After I say that I mockingly answer her question. "Better?"

Mrs. Wade looks furious and she scribbles on her chalkboard, Jared gives me a thumbs up and I hold back a smile that still catches the corner of my mouth.

I write down the notes and Jared tosses another piece of paper at me. I tuck this one in my pocket as well and am glad when the bell rings. I move to grab my stuff but Jared grabs them first. "You're coming to lunch with me. Can't have you nerding out without me Styx." He playfully elbows me and I roll my eyes. "You know. I like this more relaxed version of you. You don't act like everybody is going to attack you."

I look at him. "Shut up. It's only been four weeks since I moved here."

His eyes are smiling now. "So you didn't just back talk a teacher."

I glare at him and he passes my locker. "I did. But that doesn't mean anything."

He stops at his locker that is farther down the hall, his bad boy group is already leaning near his locker. I follow him, confusion making me curious. He opens his locker and tosses my stuff in and closes it. "It means everything."

I push past him and try opening his locker. "You just stole my stuff!"

He grabs my shoulders and spins me around, pinning me against his locker. I freeze as he leans closer to me and I bit my bottom lip nervously. "Hardly, I'm just storing it for later."

His hands slide off my shoulders and he plants them above them. I dig my teeth into my lip harder, my heart is racing too fast and he smells great. Making it very difficult to breathe. The smile slides off his face and his eyebrows crease in confusion. Glad I'm not the only one who is confused.

Kylar breaks in and claps the back of Jared's shirt. "Dude, I've never seen Scarlet blush before. I think you're over doing it."

Jared grins and backs away, not looking at me. I blink several times and Willow hooks her arm through mine. She pulls me forward before I'm able to finally think again. "Where are we going?" I ask.