The Reunion

Jared's pov

Scarlet's face drains of blood after Miles hits the floor and she tightens her grip on the gun and says, "Call the cops." She looks at us, all of us in shock. "I said to call them!" She yells sharply. 

I feel everyone flinch but Jordan's the first to pull out her phone. You can tell Jordan is still buzzed as she calls and answers their questions. Scarlet is crouching next to Miles and talking softly. 

I go over to her and listen for quiet steps and hear them. "He's here." 

She looks at me, blood streaks her face. "I know." 

Miles twitches and she grabs his hands, "I'm sorry, it's my fault he's here. I never understood why he had such an obsession with you guys. I should've told you everything." Tears stream down Scarlet's cheeks and Miles pushes her glasses up her nose. "I'm sorry Scar. I love you." 

Scarlet's hand curls into a fist and she slams it into the wall, creating a dent. "You stupid boy. It's not your fault." She closes his glassy eyes and presses a kiss to his mouth. "I'm so sorry." 

She stands up and wipes the tears off her face. Ally is staring down at Sean, brushing his hair away from his face and I tense as I hear loud steps around the corner. Scarlet goes over to Ally and whispers something that makes her nod and Jordan and her moved his unconscious body to the bathroom. 

Scarlet looks at Miles with a tight expression on her face and backs against the wall. The gun is held in her white knuckled grip and I hear a gun cock behind me and I freeze. "Scarlet," I hear Daniel's voice behind me and I watch her face as it stills. "You should know better than to have breakable things." 

I feel the barrel press against my spine and Scarlet's face darkens. "Leave him alone. I'm the one you want." 

I can feel Daniel's breath on the back of my neck and meet Scarlet's eyes. Her green eyes are full of panic, "You are pretty stupid." I muse slowly. "Picking on your daughter because you can't keep it in your pants and you're the reason she had to defend her family." 

Scarlet keeps shaking her head at me.

"I mean it is your fault that she is the way she is now. You ruined her life because you couldn't stay away from other women." I chuckle and push down the cold rising panic that was trying to make me freak out as I feel the gun slide up my back to the back of my head. 

"You don't know what you're talking about kid. I loved her and Scarlet killed her." 

I tense, "I don't think you did. You had an obsession and you should've only loved your wife." 

"He's not wrong Daniel." I hear Ally's tired voice. I don't move but I feel Daniel stiffen behind me. "All you had to do was be loyal. But you couldn't do that one simple thing." Scarlet's looking at her mom in horror and it intensifies as Jordan walks out of the bathroom.

"You are unhealthy dad. You created a sickness in our family and tried to pin it all on Scarlet. Then you come back and are trying to murder the neighbors son." 

Them talking was giving me the distraction I needed. I swing around and brought my elbow up, catching Daniel in the face. He falls back in surprise and Scarlet yells and jumps in front of me just as a shot goes off. 

I hear a ringing in my ears as Scarlet falls against me. Her white tank top was quickly turning red and I am quickly realizing that she was hit. She uses the last bit of strength she has to fire the gun and I feel it jumps each time in her grip as she slides down me and I stop her from falling. 

I slide down to the floor and hold her in my lap as her blood soaks my clothes. I grab a towel and try to mop up the blood on her and press it against her stomach. Her eyes are closed and her breathing is scarce.