The Weekend Dinner

Scarlet pov

The next few day pass quickly and I feel like I've had more fun than I ever had in London. Boxing also starts soon and I am super excited to be able to try out. 

I'm grabbing my books for history when Willow leans against the neighboring locker. "Mr. Nibsy. Advanced class I assume." 

I smirk at her and close my locker door. "You already know that, but yes." 

Her cheeks dimple. "You are a nerd." 

"I'm just smart." I protest. "Nothing wrong with that." 

Willow rolls her eyes and slings her arm through mine. I stiffen and force myself to try not to be tense. I had tried loosening up over the last couple days but my distancing from everybody was still there and Willow didn't seem to mind my unfriendliness to people touching me. 

I have been hanging out with her and her friend group. The bad boy group that only has one female and they act like they rule everything but they actually weren't half bad when they weren't causing mayhem. Which I hear they did often. 

The Gray's were coming over this weekend and I was not really looking forward to it. "Everything is wrong with that, you're a junior in a senior class. If you dressed different you might attract more boys. I've seen what you hide under these clothes. Girls would be jealous." 

I shake my head in exasperation. "No, and the only reason you saw anything is because I hate getting my shirt all sweaty and Jared dunked me in the water." I tilt my head as we make our way down the hall. "So no." 

Willow sighs as she stops at Mr. Nibsy's classroom, "That's sad. But here you go with history. Hope you enjoy it!" She drops my arm after winking at me. I frown as she disappears down the hall and take my usual seat in the middle of the room. 

I set my books down next to me and tap my fingers of the desk. My nails are still bitten down so they don't make a sound on the table. Mr. Nibsy is sitting at his desk, riffling through papers. The seniors around me were horsing around and laughing loudly. The bell rings sharply and they all fall quiet, looking at the teacher who wasn't paying them any attention and I huff in annoyance. 

Their voices rise again and I wish in that moment I had headphones to listen to music. I prop my head on my hands and nearly jump out of my skin when somebody slid into the desk right next to mine and taps the surface. 

I saw tan fingers and look up to see Jared's smirking face. "Miss me?" 

I frown at him. "No, you're my neighbor. I didn't know you were in this class. This is a smart person class." 

He looks at me mockingly. "Are you saying I'm not smart?" 

I tuck a loose dark curling strand behind my ear. "Maybe." I say innocently.

"Rude. You've been missing my pretty face, I know it." 

I look at him. "I don't miss anything about you." 

"Aw Styx, don't be all mean to me." He leans in and looks me in the eye. 

He is the first to look away. "I think I'm going to sleep through the dinner." 

He looks up. "I'll harass you at your bedroom door then." 

"I can ignore my sixteen year old sister. I think I can ignore you bad boy." I am sure my sister was the most annoying person on the planet. 

He leans his arms on my desk and I glare at him and lean away. "Am I that hard to resist that you have to pull away?" He teases lightly. 

"Will you shut up already? I need to pay attention." I turn away from him and he must not have been having it.