The Awkward Stay Over Part 3

The part from the awkwardness with Jared to the shower and phone call and what happens afterwards.

Scarlet's pov

After I say what I wanted Jared still hasn't answered me and it takes me a minute to realize why he hasn't. I'm sitting squarely in his lap and my heart starts racing and my cheeks feel hot, I roll off him and stand. "I, um, need to take a shower. Did my mom happen to bring my stuff around?"

He nods, "Yeah. She packed it in your bag."

"Okay, can I have it please?" 

He hands it to me and doesn't say anything. He grabs a towel, "I promise, I haven't used it." He teases me and I take it from him. I sling my bag over my shoulder and leave him. 

When I get into the bathroom I grab my soap and hop in the shower, trying to scrub away my feelings. I wish Jared hadn't grabbed me and pulled me down so I handed on top of him. 

I scrub my arms harshly as I remember the hard press of his body against mine and how speechless he had been. I wash my hair and let the water run through my hair and over my face. The water is scalding but is not helping wash away the feel of his body under me.

I turn the water off and lean my head against the shower wall, breathing hard and trying to sooth my nerves. I dry off and pull on shorts and a big white shirt mom packed me. My hair drips onto my shirt, almost making the shoulders transparent. 

I take a deep breath as I open the bathroom door and pad down the hallway and stop in the guest bedroom where Jordan's sleeping at. She's not in here and I toss my bag in the corner. 

I stand up straight when I hear Jared's low voice and I frown when I can't understand what he's saying. I walk to his room and stick my head inside to see him sitting on his bed with my phone next to him. 

"I thought I heard you talking to someone." I say lightly. 

He holds my phone out to me and I take it. "Somebody did call."

I look at him curiously. "Oh. Who?"

He looks almost nervous, "Some guy named Daniel." 

I stop, hoping it isn't who I think it is. "Anything else? No last name or message?"

He closes his eyes briefly and tilts his head towards the ceiling. "No, there is more."

I move a little closer to him. "So... tell me."

He exhales, "He said to tell you he was Daniel Green and if you didn't remember him, tell you that dad says hi." 

I tense, I knew it. Two years ago he had called with a accusatory call and I hope this time it's different as I mutter, "I need to call him back."

I grab his wrist when he tries to get up and ignore the warm tingling in my hand. "Can you stay?" 

He looks so shocked I almost feel bad. "Sure."  

I hate the way I remember the number from years ago and wonder how my dad had gotten my number. Mom had gotten rid of everything that could lead to us when we moved here. I press call and hate the way my voice trembles.  "Hello?"

Dad's voice asks over the line. "Scarlet?"

"Yeah, it's me." 

"It's been a while." I feel anger rise in me, how dare he? 

 "I'm not the one who ran dad." I release a breath and try not to sound pissed. 

"I know." His voice is bland.