Party Planning

Scarlet's pov

When I wake up, I'm curled up against Jared's side and he's lying on his back with one arm around my waist. I'm surprised that he actually stayed, I honestly expected him to bolt. Him staying was enough to make me feel like breaking down into an emotional mess but I shove down the emotions and check the new phone mom got me. 

It's nearly noon.

I get up and look at Jared, his face is soft in sleep. 

I rummage around in my drawers for cargo pants and see Jared's bag and snag his shirt. I go to the bathroom and change into my pants and his shirt. His shirt is a soft worn gray that matches the color of his eyes.

I get out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth and Jared is sitting up with his hair adorably rumpled. He's staring down at his phone screen with a small smile at the corner of his mouth. 

"What?" I ask as I lean against the door frame. 

He looks up and his gray eyes are dancing as he takes in my outfit, his eyes linger on his shirt for a second longer. "You stole my shirt." 

I shrug, "It was in my room." 

He runs a hand through his hair and makes some of it stand up. "Whatever, looks better on you than me anyway."

He grins at me and I walk over to the bed and sit down, leaning on him. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into his lap. He leans back and buries his face in my hair, which is a disaster around my shoulders and back. "You smell good." 

I shift and lean my head back on his shoulder. "I think that's a good thing." 

He nuzzles my throat with his nose. "Very good." 

Heat is racing through my body and I really want to turn around, shove Jared against the wall, and kiss him harshly. 

I slide off his lap and still my trembling hands. "What were you smiling about when I came back in here?" 

He smirks, "Willow. She wants us to come over and help her plan that party that's is coming up this weekend. She also wants our whole group to stay the night before the party and the night of. She has a guest room for you set up. It's in the attic." 

"Hmm, I would love to go over and help her set up the party. I would also be thrilled to stay the night in the attic." I look up at him, his gray eyes are shadowed by his thick lashes. "But you're staying up there with me. Can't have me waking up everyone with my nightmares now can I?" 

His cheeks color but he still gives me a rebellious grin. "You know it Styx. I won't even tell my friends nothing is happening. I can let them think whatever they want." 

He's leaning closer and he catches my chin and slides his thumb teasingly over my lips. "Ah, I see what you mean." My hands twitch. "Those kinds of thoughts they might have. I like it." 

His gray eyes look like a dark molten silver now and the blush across his face is darker. "We should go over to Willow's and help." 

"Yeah we should." I don't move and close my eyes when there is a loud knock on my door. 

Jared exhales and mutters a curse under his breath. "Yes?" I raise my voice.

He leans back against the pillows as Jordan hollers, "Mom wants to talk to you. Also I know Jared's in there. Let's say if mom asks that I saw him come in the house this morning to help you with school work." 

I laugh, "Okay, we'll be down in a second." 

Jared's lounging on my bed and shakes his head when I look at him. I go over to my dresser and pull a big black shirt out of my drawers and toss it at him. "I might be a girl but I wear men's clothes. That should fit you."