Chapter 1

I was in a forest. It was beautiful and mysterious. Birds sang to each other in the trees, while squirrels chattered on the ground. Flowers popped up across the dirt, struggling for sunlight under the heavy canopy. The air was fresh and clean, unblemished by the city smog. Crickets and frogs called out, as I walked by.

Why was I here? Where am I exactly?

I didn't know.

A small fox ran by me as I followed a path. The path was small and unused, but it was still there, taking me to whatever my destination was.

Soon enough, I arrived.

It was a little glen. A stream ran through one edge, while flowers and soft grass covered the rest. It was amazing, something that couldn't exist in real life because of it's unworldly qualities.

I danced around to a song that was stuck in my head. I had heard it before, on the radio, but I never learned who sang it. All I know is that it was a boyband, and they were pretty good. My favorite part of the song was when a different voice came on. He sang like an angel.

If I'm louder,

Would you see me,

Would you lay down,

In my arms and rescue me?

Cuz we are

The same

You save me

But when you leave it's gone again.

He had a beautiful voice. I sang the song, to myself, as I danced in the glen. Spinning around, and jumping, goofing off, and having fun, I finished the song and collapsed onto the ground laughing.

I froze when I heard clapping.

I wasn't alone.

Turning my head, I saw a boy. He was blonde, but you could tell it was colored. He had jeans and a red polo on. He was kind of cute.

I rolled over, onto my stomach, stood up, and walked toward him.

He smiled at me, as I came closer, and I saw that he had braces. The closer I got, the more I could see of him. His eyes were a beautiful blue. Not a sky blue, but darker, with hints of yellow.

"Hi," he said, breaking the silence between us, as I stopped in front of him. He was taller than me by about two inches.

"Hi," I replied.

"I'm Niall. What's your name?" he asked. He had a wonderful Irish accent.

"Jillian."

"That's a pretty name," he said. I blushed and looked away.

"I like yours, too," I said.

"Thanks. Do you want to do something?" I focused my gaze back to him.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Do you want to get to know each other?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Sure."

He smiled back at me and grabbed my hand. Tingles shot up my arm. He froze as I did, staring at me. We leaned closer and our lips were just about to touch.

"Jillian!! Get your ass up! Your gonna be late for work!"

I gave him a sad smile, as the dream disappeared.