Chapter 10

I feel like such a bad person for making you guys wait so long. Please don't hate me. I tried to make this chapter a little bit longer than others, but I'm not sure if it is. Please tell me if you did/didn't like it, or if i could edit/change some things.

This chapter is dedicated to @Dloblueeyes for being my latest fan. Thanks.

Niall--

I slinked out as soon as Liz woke up, going to tell Liam and Jill the good news, but when I got back to the waiting room, Liam was the only one there. Where was Jill? I still needed to find out if she was my Jillian or not. I didn't think so but I was hoping. I got lost in my thoughts for a minute or two, because when I "came to" Liam was being harassed by the slutty nurse. I let out an angry sigh and walked right up to them. I grabbed Liam's cheeks, whispered "go with it" and kissed him. My thumbs the only thing between our lips.

"Hey, baby. I missed you," I said to him, stepping back. I winked in a way the nurse wouldn't see.

"I know, sweetie, but I had to make sure Liz was okay. She is right?" He grabbed my hand, playing it up some more.

"Yeah, she woke up just before I left. Zayn's with her now. Where did Jill go? I wanted to tell her too," I said. I stepped a little closer to him and put a hand on his hip. I could feel him tense a little before relaxing. I'm so sorry Liam, but you want the nurse to leave you alone right? It was almost as if he knew what I was thinking, because he nodded.

"Jill went to the car. She said that she couldn't take it anymore. The smell of this place was getting to her. I can go tell her that Liz is awake, it will only take me a few minutes," he said.

"Okay. But don't be gone long, baby." I leaned in again, but this time Liam was the one to grab my cheeks. He put his thumbs between our lips and I wrapped my arms around his waist. We both stepped back after a few seconds, letting go of each other, as Liam went to find Jill.

"I'll be counting the moments..." I said as he left. "Love you!"

"Love you too, sweetie!" he called back.

I sighed a dreamy sigh and turned to the stunned nurse. Her mouth was wide open and moving like she was trying to speak. She looked like a fish. I resisted the urge to laugh, and asked her what was wrong. She seemed to snap out of whatever trance she was in.

"N-Nothing. I was just-- uhh... Nevermind. I'll just go see if,... Yeah," she mumbled and walked away. Ha! Well, that worked better than I expected. I went and sat down, waiting for Liam to get back.

Jillian--

I couldn't do this anymore. I felt sick to my stomach and lightheaded.

"Liam? I'm going to the car. I can't stand the smell in here any longer. I'll either puke or pass out," I told him, standing up.

"Do you want me to walk you to the car?" I shook my head.

"No, I'll be fine. I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise," I said.

"Okay," he agreed. I stood and left the room, the cool air of the hallway soothing my heated skin. Heading out, I passed what looked like a happy family, a mother, a father, and a little girl no older than six or seven. I smiled a little, before catching a glimpse of something sad. The little girl was hooked up to an IV. I looked closer and saw that her skin was really pale and she had dark bags under her eyes, eyes that were red from what looked like crying. I noticed things I wouldn't on a person I would pass on the street. The girl was wearing a child's wig. She had a blue-ish tint to her lips.