Chapter 4

Jillian--

It took four hours, but Elizabeth and I finally got home. We ran in and crashed on the couch.

We had gone to play laser tag and then gone bowling. It was really fun. I have to say that today was the best day I have had in a really long time. First, the boys at NANDOS, and then beating Elizabeth at both lasertag and bowling. I didn't rub it in her face though, I'm not that mean... Okay I rubbed it in a little.

I looked over at Elizabeth, to find her snoring. Sighing, I stood up and pulled her into my arms, carrying her to her bed. Either she wasn't heavy, or I was strong.

After dumping her off on her bed, I went and got changes into my pj's. Then, climbed into bed.

--//--//--//--//--//--//--//--//--//--//--

Niall--

I was back in the glen. Or close to it anyway. I was sitting in a tree, not to far off the ground, that was on the edge of the beautiful area where I met Jillian. I closed my eyes, remembering her voice, the way it caressed the words she spoke, like a blanket. I remembered the way she sang, like a finely tuned instrument, played by the most skilled hand. I remembered her laugh, a beautiful little giggle, like a small wind chime on a lightly breezed day. And I remembered the way she danced around, like a bird, graceful and carefree. Then I remembered the best part, her eyes. Those beautiful sea green eyes. The way they widened when she saw that I was there, the way they crinkled slightly when she smiled, but most of all, the way that they seemed to dig into my being. The way that they looked into my soul, like with just her eyes, she could look at me and know everything, tear my soul apart with her eyes and see my self, laid bare just for her. And I would gladly show her, as long as I was able to see her again, as long as she could stay and be mine. As long as she could be real.

But she was a dream. A dream I never wanted to end.

My eyes snapped open when I heard a voice calling my name. A beautiful voice.

"Niall? Are you here?" the angel voice spoke.

"Please be here. I don't want to go my whole life not knowing you. If you're here, please come out." Butterflies flew around inside my tummy and chest, bringing me fully out of my dazed state.

I moved quickly, jumping out of the tree, and running to her side.

She turned and saw me, and began running to me as I ran to her. She jumped into my arms and I spun her around, using the momentum of our speed. Giggling, she held me tight, even when I set her feet on the ground.

"I thought I would never see you again," she said. Jillian looked up, her eyes meeting mine.

"And I thought I would never see you again," I told her. "But I'm glad we were both wrong." She smiled at my words.

"Me, too. I couldn't stop thinking about you," she admitted, then blushed, looking down.

"I had you on my mind all day," I said. I smiled at her. She was in my arms. She was actually here, and I was holding her.

"Jillian, I want to get to know you. All of you, everything about you." She stared at me, then nodded.

We moved to the stream, laying down by its edge. I held onto her hand, as we talked for what seemed like hours. I learned that her favorite color was purple, that she loved cats, that she loved babies, and that she only had one boyfriend before. I learned a lot about her. She likes food, and music, and lots of things. I learned that she doesn't like chocolate chip cookies, or anchovies. I learned that she was an only child and that she left her parents in the USA when she moved to London with her friend Elizabeth.